bachelorstudent

Questionnaire For Punters :)

30 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I'm a bachelor student studying in Utrecht (which is in the Netherlands) and as a part of my bachelor's I'm writing my thesis on clients of prostitution!

Generally the client's side of the story is neglected and while research on the subject is increasing and improving, many still adhere to the idea that 'boys will be boys' and that all clients are the same.

Research has shown that this is far from the case as I'm sure many of you will know and I would like to contribute to that research.

The questionnaire takes at most 10 minutes and it asks questions about your reasons for going, behaviour and preference and it is all, of course, anonymous.

Here is a link to the questionnaire: 

http://goo.gl/forms/pz0T3MWYwq

I would greatly appreciate it if you took a few minutes to fill in the questionnaire and share a little bit of your stories and thoughts on the matter.

If there are any questions or comments, please feel free to ask, I will check this forum everyday from now on to see how it is going :P

Kind regards,

A bachelor student

Having completed your questionnaire, I trust you will return eventually with the results.

10 minutes my arse.Way too much writing involved in that questionaire for my liking

Don't trust the OP's link..No contact details on the site and none left here on this forum!

So not trusting the OP, full stop!

1 person likes this

It's great that the questionnaire mentions female punters though :)

Edited by MySecretLife

I began filling in this questionnaire but stopped when I realized that it is amateurish and poorly designed. Too many of the questions reveal the author's bias, and others fail to define their terms. 

Don't trust the OP's link..No contact details on the site and none left here on this forum!

So not trusting the OP, full stop!

It is strange that the OP feels so coy that he/she feels unable to disclose their name or provide an email address associated with the academic institution at which they claim to be studying.

As punters and WGs on here discretion is necessary given the prejudice from mainstream society, but I do not see why the OP who states that their interest is research rather than participation feels the need to be so reticent about their identity. 

This is a recurring theme when journalists or researchers post on here trying to elicit responses from the punting community.  I suspect that those who are a bit more open about their background get a better response.

For the reasons given above I won't be completing this questionnaire.

1 person likes this

It is strange that the OP feels so coy that he/she feels unable to disclose their name or provide an email address associated with the academic institution at which they claim to be studying.

j.s.c.hutchins@students.uu.nl

I began filling in this questionnaire but stopped when I realized that it is amateurish and poorly designed. Too many of the questions reveal the author's bias, and others fail to define their terms. 

I stopped after the tick boxes ended and they wanted full written explanations to pretty much every question

I stopped after the tick boxes ended and they wanted full written explanations to pretty much every question

Me too.

1 person likes this

5 minutes, easy to complete. Not uninteresting.

The OP has been back this afternoon as he promised he would but strangely hasn't commented at all on this thread!

How do we know it's anonymous? What assurances to we have that our IP addresses are not being logged when submitting the results?

Bona fide research projects usually go through approval by an ethics committee,and the student will have an academic supervisor overseeing the work.

If you ask, they should provide this info for you to check out.

1 person likes this

Batchelorstudent as you enquire

I will give the answers you require

Never haggle, or appear tight

Always be polite

Take care of your hygiene

It's important to be clean

If you want to know why men punt

Try it yourself you lazy c..t

3 people like this

The best response I can give you is to advise you to book some working girls and do some 'academic' research yourself. Your post begs questions from me.

your reasons for going, behaviour and preference

I mean, what do you think they might be? Are clients of WGs a different sub-category from other humans? If you are interested in this 'lifestyle' for a thesis have you tried it for yourself? If not, why not?

I haven't looked at your questionnaire but I am sure that the answers to many of your questions would be self-evident. Have you posted this on other websites? If you are just looking for demographics then you don't need detailed individual responses, and you would need a much broader sample size than I suspect would bother to reply here.

Hello all,

I am happy to say that I so far have 13 responses to the questionnaire! And of course if some of you would like I would be happy to either share the results of the questionnaire or my actual finished thesis when that time comes (should be done towards the end of December).

I've noticed quite a few of your comments talking about how I didn't add contact information, and I checked with my supervisor to be sure, but she said it's alright and I have no personal issue with it, so here it is:

My name is Jamie Hutchins, I am a student at University College Utrecht (UCU), which is officially a part of Utrecht University as a whole but we have our own little campus and tend to see ourselves as separate.

My email, as shared above by JKay is: j.s.c.hutchins@students.uu.nl

My supervisor is Alexis Aronowitz, she gives a few courses at UCU on Criminology (and knows how to push students to work), her email address should you wish to contact her: a.a.aronowitz@uu.nl

As for comments on how I/we chose to formulate the questionnaire, this is a part of an exploratory study, and while I do attempt to guide respondents to answers in some cases (to link the data to theories) and I also wish to know their own take on things, hence the boxes asking for explanations to some of the choices.

I apologise both for my not supplying contact information to start with and my not-immediate response.

I wanted to check with my supervisor before I did anything else, and she gave me the go-ahead.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask, I think I have addressed most of your comments now and if I've missed any I apologise.

Also please keep filling in the questionnaire! I'm happy to say that the replies I've already gotten are very interesting and divergent so far, which makes for much more interesting and enjoyable research :)

Kind regards,

Jamie

3 people like this

Having completed your questionnaire, I trust you will return eventually with the results.

If you'd like, I can either pm you the results when I'm done or pm you my thesis, this goes for anyone. Just let me know what you prefer

I should point out to the OP that FantasyLover's suggestion of personal research and his questions about other websites etc. have not been commented on!

I should point out to the OP that FantasyLover's suggestion of personal research and his questions about other websites etc. have not been commented on!

The best response I can give you is to advise you to book some working girls and do some 'academic' research yourself. Your post begs questions from me.

I mean, what do you think they might be? Are clients of WGs a different sub-category from other humans? If you are interested in this 'lifestyle' for a thesis have you tried it for yourself? If not, why not?

I haven't looked at your questionnaire but I am sure that the answers to many of your questions would be self-evident. Have you posted this on other websites? If you are just looking for demographics then you don't need detailed individual responses, and you would need a much broader sample size than I suspect would bother to reply here.

Moonraker, right you are.

Well FantasyLover, as to what I think they might be I don't want to go too much into depth. Suffice to say for now that I 'know' (research that I've read has said) that there are many reasons to visit a WG, ranging from being bored and wanting a good shag, to looking for someone to talk to, to the person who is in a good marriage but isn't sexually satisfied and hence goes to prostitutes.

As I've said before I do include some options to steer respondents a bit but I don't want to do that too much for fear of maybe missing out some crucial element in why people choose to punt for instance. The reasons that I have discovered I have written in my literature review of my thesis, which I intend to finalise by Friday (to then be checked by my supervisor). If you'd like, I can PM you the details or my literature review itself. 

As for where I've posted this, I contacted multiple different forums and blogs hoping to get a positive response (one responded with 'how about a positive NO!'), and not all answered, and of those only a few said yes. I have since contacted those again with my completed questionnaire with varying degrees of success. If, however, you think of a website I may have missed that wouldn't mind me posting this questionnaire there please let me know!

And no, I am truly looking for individual responses, my study is qualitative in nature (though I have a few questions at the start of my questionnaire to orientate, age, gender and the like). So I do not need hundreds of responses (although I would be thrilled if that were the case!).

I appreciate the thought though, honestly.

If you would like to know more about how my questionnaire is set up, might I suggest you click on the link and find out for yourself? ;)

I hope this answers your question

I've completed and submitted. Good luck with it. I hope it generate some interesting ideas for you.

Alright everyone,

Currently there is a total of 24 responses to my questionnaire! Needless to say I am very happy with this many responses.

However, I am going to keep hoping for more responses up to and including this Sunday!

So please, if you have not yet, fill in my questionnaire and if any of you would like, I can share the results with you afterwards (or my full thesis or some such). If you'd like to receive the results, just pm me.

And again, if you have any questions or comments, don't hesitate to ask! I'm keeping an eye on this forum ;)

Jamie

Alright, this is the final day for filling in the questionnaire!!!!

Currently at 26 responses (which is really great, really), maybe we can reach 30?

In any case, thank you all who have filled it in and helped with my research :)

1 person likes this