Galahad

New chat room

16 posts in this topic

This new version of the forum comes with a new chat room - no more Java woes! Please try it out and post here with any feedback.

It is presently limited to 5 concurrent users. I will pay for an upgrade if it is going to be used consistently.

Only thing I can see that is a bit of a drag is before you could see who was in the chatroom before you ventured it, choices and all that, but now

it just gives the amount of people in chat but not who is in chat.

Edited by EnjoyEmily
typo

Excellent,got into chat straight away. Hopefully now people will start coming back to the chatroom again

Chat is much more accessible. At the moment I can't see how to reduce the size of the chat box, so you can continue to browse/post in the rest of the forum - all I can do is open the forum in a new window.

There doesn't seem to be an option to change fonts and colours

22 hours ago, EnjoyEmily said:

Only thing I can see that is a bit of a drag is before you could see who was in the chatroom before you ventured it, choices and all that, but now

it just gives the amount of people in chat but not who is in chat.

That has been fixed, "Who's Chatting" is on the main forum page.

well im off to sit in the chatroom for a bit, see if anyone wants to come in for a chinwag x

How do you get in the chat room, I might be interested in popping in once in a while but I don't see any links to it.

Is it because I'm a newbie?

well I sat there, then two people came in but I missed them as the usual alarm didnt ping, then I got a message saying I had been kicked out of chat..charmed Im sure lol xxxx

7 hours ago, Tomorrow said:

How do you get in the chat room, I might be interested in popping in once in a while but I don't see any links to it.

Is it because I'm a newbie?

Yes. You should be able to get in after the first 20 or so posts. Look forward to seeing you there

6 hours ago, Chloe Kisses said:

well I sat there, then two people came in but I missed them as the usual alarm didnt ping, then I got a message saying I had been kicked out of chat..charmed Im sure lol xxxx

Hmmm. I get a notification sound and a door-shutting noise if someone leaves. Someone else had the kicking experience the other day: I think G was going to look into it. 

Well it always kicked you out if you didnt type anything for ages, its no different there, it was just funny that it said "you have been kicked out" thats all xxx

10 hours ago, Chloe Kisses said:

Well it always kicked you out if you didnt type anything for ages, its no different there, it was just funny that it said "you have been kicked out" thats all xxx

my poxy broadband dropped the line.  then chat kicked me out cos of a lost connection.

Used it last night. 

Chatting helped put something in perspective.

Though I never know who is in there or when

1 minute ago, enquire said:

Used it last night. 

Chatting helped put something in perspective.

Though I never know who is in there or when

You can find out who is in there by scrolling to the bottom of the main Forums index page.