Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jojosun

Udon Thani

17 posts in this topic

WP's report about Udon Thani motivated me to researh it again as i didn't want to hijack his thread ,i thought of posting it here .

" .

  worldpunter  .Going Up The Country  ,  ...............    Canned Heat  ,

=======================================================

 

    When the shortage of TG in London gets too much for you  , try hopping over to Bangkok for a while . When the high prices of Bangkok get too much for you  , take a trip north to Udon Thani 

   Here the action starts after dark on Sampantamit Road in the Day and Night beer bar complex , where I met Tit [ that's the name she gave me , honest ]  300 baht BF and 1,000 ST ,   2,000 LT  . 

    You can try another place called , Nutty Park  , nearby in the next soi but the prices are the same .   Two bars I remember are Flower bar and Oasis , where there's a shortage of punters and you can have your choice, take your time selecting ,cheap drinks  , no LD pressure , a relaxing atmosphere  to sit and chat to the ladies of Udon , who I have to say , seem to be the friendliest I have met so far in all my time in Thailand....."

 

WP/s comments .Confirmed on this link ..http://www.thailandredcat.com/nightlife-and-thai-girls-in-udon-thani/

.."  Another great thing about the nightlife in Udon Thani is that the supply of girls by far always outnumbers the demand. Even in high season you will find a fairly relaxed atmosphere while most foreigners are heading to the bars of Bangkok, Pattaya and Phuket. The consequence is that sex in Udon Thani is among the best value in Thailand regarding bar fines and short time / long time rates.

 

Apart from hookers you also get a lot of attention from the “normal” Thai girls with regular jobs. Just by walking around Central Plaza you will soon notice the difference as compared to like Central World in Bangkok. Girls are looking and smiling at you as a foreigner and happy to chat with you as opposed to Bangkok where girls often seem stressed or even scared of Farangs. It’s super easy to arrange dates with girls in Udon – just by walking around and talking to people or by using one of the online dating sites. "

   Prices      . The bar fine at all beer bars is 300 baht and that’s the cheapest in Thailand. Similar to short time rates averaging 1,000 baht and long time (overnight) 2,000 baht

 Deinitely worth stopping there for a few days .

Anyone else been there recently ??

 

 

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the prices and supply of girls it sounds like  the LOS of many years ago .. Thanks to WP again for his discovery and putting it on our radar . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You'd better go there before the hordes of other Thai girl-seekers cotton on and hear about it :P

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I  will be there for few days in Februrary .. . Many Thai lovers  seem to stick to  the same  routine .

.I love Thailand as a holiday destination ,.the girls are great bonus .

.In Februrary i;ll  try to hit Chiang Rai as well.    . Had great times in Chiang Mai ..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, FantasyLover said:
23 minutes ago, jojosun said:

I  will be there for few days in Februrary .. . Many Thai lovers  seem to stick to  the same  routine .

.I love Thailand as a holiday destination ,.the girls are great bonus .

.In Februrary i;ll  try to hit Chiang Rai as well.    . Had great times in Chiang Mai ..

You'd better go there before the hordes of other Thai girl-seekers cotton on and hear about it :P

If you go to Chiang Rai and 'strike it rich', you might consider taking a local beauty on a slow boat cruise down to Luang Prabang (Laos) and a VIP bus back to Chiang Rai - is a fabuslous journey, especially you enjoy mixing sex with culture!  More details by PM if you are interested.

;)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Tiggy 7 said:

If you go to Chiang Rai and 'strike it rich', you might consider taking a local beauty on a slow boat cruise down to Luang Prabang (Laos) and a VIP bus back to Chiang Rai - is a fabuslous journey, especially you enjoy mixing sex with culture!  More details by PM if you are interested.

;)

 

Thanks Tiggy .   Yes please a PM .

 It  was your report  ( Hot tip about the beauty of CM girls )  about Chiang Mai  about 9 years ago which motivated me to head there ... I love the place..

Even in BKK there are  many hidden gems still  to be discovered,as you said once " There are many Layers to BKK ,many tourists don't seem to venture beyond the first " or words to that effect .. . . ..

.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Boring question, but I've never had an internal flight in Thailand, which airline is best? And should i be looking to fly from Suvarnabhumi or Don Muang, given they are all pretty cheap I'm more worried about convenience and comfort than cost.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, blueruin said:

Boring question, but I've never had an internal flight in Thailand, which airline is best? And should i be looking to fly from Suvarnabhumi or Don Muang, given they are all pretty cheap I'm more worried about convenience and comfort than cost.

Depends which airlines serve the destination you're going to, but Thai Airways, Thai Smile (their subsidiary) and Bangkok Airways are generally regarded as the better ones - although Bangkok Airways do seem to be subject to frequent delays on some routes. 

If it's BKK - Udon Thani you're after, then I'd go for Thai Smile over Nok Air and Air Asia - the latter have a poor rating from what I have read online.

Don't think it will make too much difference which BKK airport you use, but may depend how you are getting there - I certainly find it easy using Suvarnabhumi via the airport rail link which is cheap and easy to use.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30 January 2016 at 9:32 PM, Soi Cowboy said:

Depends which airlines serve the destination you're going to, but Thai Airways, Thai Smile (their subsidiary) and Bangkok Airways are generally regarded as the better ones - although Bangkok Airways do seem to be subject to frequent delays on some routes. 

If it's BKK - Udon Thani you're after, then I'd go for Thai Smile over Nok Air and Air Asia - the latter have a poor rating from what I have read online.

Don't think it will make too much difference which BKK airport you use, but may depend how you are getting there - I certainly find it easy using Suvarnabhumi via the airport rail link which is cheap and easy to use.

This clearly is a YMMV situation.  I had three different flights on AirAsia on this trip and couldn't be happier.  It turned out to be the cheapest option on each route but I would have used them regardless.  All budget airlines use the Airbus 320 on short flights and the Airbus configuration allowed adequate leg room (I'm 5'9 so bigger guys could be a bit challenged). Their carry-on allowance is only 7kg so I had to pay to check my bag but, again, I think that is the norm on shorter/domestic flights.  Their main base is Bangkok Don Muang (the old one), which is much closer to Sukhumvit area than Suvarnabhumi, and a cheaper taxi ride (both in distance and in expressway tolls) - and you have to take a taxi from the airport rail link terminus coming form Suvarnabhumi to your hotel, in any case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the feedback on domestic flights doesnt sound like there are any to outright avoid. 

 

Like soi cowboy i really like the airport link I usually get it to/from Makkassan, which is only 1 stop from Asok on the MRT, which is only 1 stop from Nana on the skytrain. Much better than the Piccadilly line to Heathrow.

 

Curious to see what Don Muang looks like and also I might fly back from Udon Thani to U-Tapao, which I imagine could be full of girls heading back to Patts for work, the ones not getting the bus instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

U-Tapao is quite a way from Pattaya - them pesky transfer guys rip you off big time! 

Avoid Nok Air - terrible safety rating - but famously only employ very hot young totty as their hostesses

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've actually punted several times in Udon Thani as I've got relatives up there. I've always flown Nok Air. As it's one of the richest Isaan cities, you've got a good number of young pretty talents around. Kinda difficult to get around without a car though. Oh yeah, and get "Line".

 

-W

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2000 LT in Udon ? No chance. Most girls 1000 LT, although I did tip a few hundred baht.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went to udon thani a few weeks ago, to meet a thai lady friend,quite a big city.I got a b and b room at the Centara hotel quite cheap,well for a 4 star hotel anyway.There is a big shopping centre next to it as well but shuts at 9pm! Every night! Sounds rediculous.If you try going for the Ladyboys though they are not really coming out of the woodwork?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/17/2016 at 10:11 PM, SizeisntEverything said:

I went to udon thani a few weeks ago, to meet a thai lady friend,quite a big city.I got a b and b room at the Centara hotel quite cheap,well for a 4 star hotel anyway.There is a big shopping centre next to it as well but shuts at 9pm! Every night! Sounds rediculous.If you try going for the Ladyboys though they are not really coming out of the woodwork?

Sounds like you had your own entertainment arranged, but did you manage to have a look in the bars. I never got to Udon Thani in the end on my last trip, but i do wonder what the quality of the girls are in terms of looks?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Blueruin, i stayed mostly on the hotel complex. But i think the bars are good with girls from what i heard?  At the bottom floor of my hotel near the car park,there's a bar for karaoke that has girls brought in to take to your room if you need to.And looked gorgeous, but iam not 100% sure of that. I may try Chiang Mai next time as there are more Ladyboys there as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I flew by Smile RTAirlines, and they were pretty good.Udon Thani Airport does not have free WiFi? And is very good for getting eaten by Mozzies! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0