Unperson

Made it to 60 (a first?)

63 posts in this topic

Not a 60th birthday. There wouldn't be much of a first about that. No, it's a 60th anniversary. Worth putting on the record somewhere, I think. Where better than here?

My first punt was in 1955 on December 9th.

Yes, I’m two days late to report it, but since last weekend I’ve had a job out of range of the Internet.

Did anybody else here or his uncle start any earlier?

It's been a great 60 years. I wouldn't have missed them for anything. A perfect cure for the compulsory no-sex treatment from every part of the society I was in in the pre-punting days. My sex drive was so strong that it would have done something nasty to me very soon if I hadn't started taking the cure.

Still strong 60 years afterwards, I'm happy to report, so the cure's still working. It seems to be an anti-ageing treatment too.

No help needed from the pharmaceutical companies, it's all free. That's except for WG technical charges, of course.

Not a lifestyle for everybody, I'll agree, but I'd recommend it for many more people than the ones who have actually chosen to be in it. I've noticed a lot of domestic and related trouble out there which wouldn't have happened to people if they'd picked my cure instead of the conventional sorts of lives they'd got themselves into.

With punting it's been a whole new life, I can say. Far better than what was there before. I've been grateful all the time. Enough experiences to fill a very colorful book. Not just punting experiences; it's interesting what else (non-sexual) can turn up if you're an international career punter who likes paying attention to other things (also non-sexual) while that career is going on. Sometimes the career helps the other things to arrive too.

I wouldn't have had any of those experiences if I hadn't decided in November 1955 to forget female civilians anywhere below the neck and start doing whatever it would take to become a career punter. It's helped me to appreciate women above the neck too. That goes for both WGs and civilians. Only the ones who deserve it, I mean, but the world doesn't seem to be short of those.

This isn't my first special punting anniversary thread of the year, but now I promise I won't bore you with any more of them before December 2025. Let's hope PN will still be around for it then.

10 people like this

Congratulations! Sad that unlike the conventional Diamond Anniversary you don't get a card from the Queen! :P

2 people like this

Congratulations from me too, and I admire your stamina. You must be around 80 and still working as well, so your energy seems undimmed on all fronts.

I'm a mere stripling by comparison - only 43 years of it under my belt.

Many of us weren't even born when you first got it up!! Well done!!

Congratulations.  Would you care to share the five most significant changes you have seen from a punting point of view in those 60 years ?  

A great anniversary, and I particularly admire your continuing very positive view of the activities!

And a great memory too if you can still remember the exact date  . well done sir  . 

Gosh that's amazing!!

I thought I was doing well but it's great there is someone who will men that some ladies I see will regard me as a young buck...

As mentioned earlier, it would be great if you felt you wanted to share some thoughts on changes, improvements, disappointments and some of us other oldies can compare notes.

11 hours ago, Unperson said:

Not a 60th birthday. There wouldn't be much of a first about that. No, it's a 60th anniversary. Worth putting on the record somewhere, I think. Where better than here?

Congratulations! Is there a FR we can check, and would you recommend? :lol:

Congratulations there. What was it like punting in this country way back in the 50's?

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, Chloe Kisses said:

Congratulations there. What was it like punting in this country way back in the 50's?

Presumably it was still in black & white!

2 people like this

2 hours ago, Chloe Kisses said:

I'd like to know too.

Were condoms used much back then? Was anal a thing? Did you ever exchange contraband nylons for sexual favours? Did you do it to Bill Haley & His Comets - Rock Around The Clock?

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, MattHarding said:

I'd like to know too.

Were condoms used much back then? Was anal a thing? Did you ever exchange contraband nylons for sexual favours? Did you do it to Bill Haley & His Comets - Rock Around The Clock?

condoms were not in general use before the AIDS scare in the early 1980's.  Girls who were sexually active were on the pill.  if you got a dose you got antibiotics.  different times.  Dunno about prostitutes tho.

Awesome! I was thinking how much the scene has changed since the 70's and would love to know what the 50's & 60's were like.

I think the internet was the bedt thing that ever happened to the scene.

Who else remembers ringing numbers kn the back of The Sport?

1 hour ago, Coventrypunter said:

condoms were not in general use before the AIDS scare in the early 1980's.  Girls who were sexually active were on the pill.  if you got a dose you got antibiotics.  different times.  Dunno about prostitutes tho.

The girls in Shepherds Market were certainly using them in the early seventies.

4 hours ago, heelboy said:

I think the internet was the bedt thing that ever happened to the scene.

Who else remembers ringing numbers kn the back of The Sport?

Yes, I did that too. Also the local newspapers like the East London Advertiser. What happened to the Specials Agency who had Thai girls working?

22 hours ago, Unperson said:

Yes, I’m two days late to report it, but since last weekend I’ve had a job out of range of the Internet.

Did anybody else here or his uncle start any earlier?

It's been a great 60 years. I wouldn't have missed them for anything. A perfect cure for the compulsory no-sex treatment from every part of the society I was in in the pre-punting days. My sex drive was so strong that it would have done something nasty to me very soon if I hadn't started taking the cure.

Still strong 60 years afterwards, I'm happy to report, so the cure's still working. It seems to be an anti-ageing treatment too.

No help needed from the pharmaceutical companies, it's all free. That's except for WG technical charges, of course.

Not a lifestyle for everybody, I'll agree, but I'd recommend it for many more people than the ones who have actually chosen to be in it. I've noticed a lot of domestic and related trouble out there which wouldn't have happened to people if they'd picked my cure instead of the conventional sorts of lives they'd got themselves into.

With punting it's been a whole new life, I can say. Far better than what was there before. I've been grateful all the time. Enough experiences to fill a very colorful book. Not just punting experiences; it's interesting what else (non-sexual) can turn up if you're an international career punter who likes paying attention to other things (also non-sexual) while that career is going on. Sometimes the career helps the other things to arrive too.

I wouldn't have had any of those experiences if I hadn't decided in November 1955 to forget female civilians anywhere below the neck and start doing whatever it would take to become a career punter. It's helped me to appreciate women above the neck too. That goes for both WGs and civilians. Only the ones who deserve it, I mean, but the world doesn't seem to be short of those.

This isn't my first special punting anniversary thread of the year, but now I promise I won't bore you with any more of them before December 2025. Let's hope PN will still be around for it then.

Fair enough

but christ how sad if your best memories in old age will be the times you have had in paid sex

Yes a lot of us who have got married have had a less than perfect time - but for many of us who have enjoyed conventional relationships, marriage and children  - I doubt you will find anyone who would will count the times they spent with hookers in their 100 best memories.

but if that's what you've when you're batting out the last few runs of your innings I suppose it will have to do

3 people like this

50 minutes ago, lancelot said:

Fair enough

but christ how sad if your best memories in old age will be the times you have had in paid sex

Yes a lot of us who have got married have had a less than perfect time - but for many of us who have enjoyed conventional relationships, marriage and children  - I doubt you will find anyone who would will count the times they spent with hookers in their 100 best memories.

but if that's what you've when you're batting out the last few runs of your innings I suppose it will have to do

why. i have found my time with WG's to be some of the best times in my life, and they have been some of the nicest people I have met.  Nowt sad about that.

1 person likes this

53 minutes ago, Coventrypunter said:

why. i have found my time with WG's to be some of the best times in my life, and they have been some of the nicest people I have met.  Nowt sad about that.

I dont doubt that and I have had some good times too - but the OP seems to have spent his life paying for sex as a sub for forming relationships, having a famly etc. seems to have written off women at quite an early stage.

Paid sex is great in its place - but I wonder what its like in old age to looking back at a life of that and not much else. still - there are guys who go to their graves with not only never having had a wife/kids etc - but decided to keep it in their trousers rather than shell out for it - a bit miserable looking back at a life like that I would have thought.

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, lancelot said:

Fair enough

Lancelot

I think you need to read the original post again. Nothing in there about lack of relationships with women or a family life. He may have had both Seems as if paid sex has resulted in a more contented life for him and if he is happy with that so be it. I doubt from a lack of a follow up post that he is going to enter into an argument on the pros and cons of paid sex.