Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sohofun37

how do you get yourself checked up?

6 posts in this topic

I have slept around for around 13 years now or so, I have always used a condom, had OWO maybe three times but have enjoyed giving oral.

I guess my risk is very low of having some thing but I maybe asked to prove or show I am clean by a friend..

If you want to get a check up as a man not on bupa, in London. what do you do, how much does it cost?

Also since I am posting, has any one heard of a man picking up some thing, even with full protection.

I have slept with around 150 to 200 WG I would hazard a guess.

Best to go to GUM rather than self testing.

Phone make an appointment and walk in. They will want a name, postcode and either mobile number to advise you of results. Suggest therefore you give a real number. They want a postcode so they can bill CCG in that area. Will want urine sample  blood sample, may also swab. Unless you report symptoms  discomfort, that is all they need. 

They will ask about sexual history, past partners in last 6 months - be honest. They have heard it all before, an unless the waiting rooms are segregated, you will be sitting with some working girls. I am fairly certain I was. 

Make the call and get yourself tested  owe it to yourself, and everyone else.

1 minute ago, enquire said:

Best to go to GUM rather than self testing.

Phone make an appointment and walk in. They will want a name, postcode and either mobile number to advise you of results. Suggest therefore you give a real number. They want a postcode so they can bill CCG in that area. Will want urine sample  blood sample, may also swab. Unless you report symptoms  discomfort, that is all they need. 

They will ask about sexual history, past partners in last 6 months - be honest. They have heard it all before, an unless the waiting rooms are segregated, you will be sitting with some working girls. I am fairly certain I was. 

Make the call and get yourself tested  owe it to yourself, and everyone else.

tell them you do bareback sex with multiple working girls, especially foreign ones. then they will do all the tests.  If they think you are low risk they do less tests.

7 hours ago, Coventrypunter said:

tell them you do bareback sex with multiple working girls, especially foreign ones. then they will do all the tests.  If they think you are low risk they do less tests.

The bareback bit may be tongue-in-cheek, but is actually a good way of getting the full works.

Going by my local experience, the GUM clinic is one of the few parts of the NHS that isn't broken.

It's free, so use them!