Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MySecretLife

Sexy or Tacky?

28 posts in this topic

I'm just adding to my stocking collection and can't decide whether these ones are sexy or tacky? Any thoughts would be much appreciated!!

Levante Petronella Hold UpsA

Stirrings in the nether regions suggest sexy!!

Not tacky at all! I love them! :)

I love them too, and I love patterned stockings to change things up a bit! It's made me want to go online stocking shopping now! :) 

I've got to agree they are beautiful and very sexy.

However I always ask the lady to remove her stocking as I prefer skin to skin contact when the action begins, but still love to see a sexily presented lady with stockings.

Thanks guys - much appreciated - they're in the post! If any one wants a link as to where to buy them let me know xxx :)

Edited by MySecretLife
To add a smily face

1 hour ago, MySecretLife said:

Thanks guys - much appreciated - they're in the post! If any one wants a link as to where to buy them let me know xxx :)

Not much point buying them without the woman wearing them.

They look great on you, definitely sexy

22 minutes ago, enquire said:

Not much point buying them without the woman wearing them.

They look great on you, definitely sexy

Some men like wearing them too ;)

But thanks - I'm looking forward to getting them!

Sexy or tacky? - I suspect most of us blokes are not entirely clear on this distinction

Not tacky at all, but I must express a preference for suspenders rather than hold ups!

Having said that, the pattern is very alluring

I like these. I do have a pair which are very similar, and some which gave the flower print up on the thigh, the remainder of the leg is sheer. 

2 hours ago, paul bacon said:

Not tacky at all, but I must express a preference for suspenders rather than hold ups!

Having said that, the pattern is very alluring

I quite often wear suspenders with hold ups - I like the way they stay in place rather than pulling down my suspender belt - it depends on the length of non hold ups/proper stockings though, if they're long enough they don't tend to pull so much - it depends on the brand. I think these particular ones would look fantastic with a lacy suspender belt :)

Edited by MySecretLife
Added content.

I have got some hold up like this and also tights like this when they first came on the market, the previous decade.  I hardly wear the tights purely because I have to be careful with what I wear them, normally something simple.  With the hold ups is a bit easier, I would wear them because I am in the mood for them and they would be taken off anyway later.  However their turn comes once every year, if so, as I have got over 50 pair of hold ups, all in mint condition.

I came to the conclusion that some things can look sexy or tacky depending not only how you wear them but on the 'wearer' - some women make everything look magic, some not.  The same applies to everyone, I guess.

Not sure about the or bit in the middle of the question. Definitely not tacky, but of the type, not especially sexy either. Depends on the rest of the outfit I daresay

for me tacky. very 1980's

personally I like FF seamed stockings.

Yes, I agree they're very 80s - they remind me of old Madonna videos but I do like to wear something different.

While I absolutely love the look of FF seamed stockings the reality of wearing them puts me off - they're extremely tricky buggers to get right due to their lack of elasticity.

1 person likes this

I dont like them, for me they look a bit tacky but not totally so, on the right legs they can look pretty but if you have anything less than super slim pins they will  make your legs look wider than they actually are. I prefer plain ones or seamed ones personally

1 person likes this

8 hours ago, MySecretLife said:

Yes, I agree they're very 80s - they remind me of old Madonna videos but I do like to wear something different.

While I absolutely love the look of FF seamed stockings the reality of wearing them puts me off - they're extremely tricky buggers to get right due to their lack of elasticity.

You can get excellent fully fashioed look seamed stockings, old fashioned style with the dark heel but modern stockings fabric

This thread started off exciting, but now is in danger of turning into another towel thread. Next there will be advice on how to wash them.

2 hours ago, enquire said:

This thread started off exciting, but now is in danger of turning into another towel thread. Next there will be advice on how to wash them.

90 degrees, 1600rpm spin, then twice through a mangle......

12 minutes ago, Carnival said:

90 degrees, 1600rpm spin, then twice through a mangle......

Made me laugh.  :D

On 18/12/2015, 02:41:15, MySecretLife said:

Years ago I bought some 10 pairs of back seamed hold ups from Primark: not only they seem to last forever but everyone says they they look so expensive and then they raise their eyebrows when I tell them where from I bought them.  I also have a pair of AgentProvocateur back seamed stockings in medium size: I cannot wear them but indoors as they make so many creases.  I now know for these kind of stockings the solution could be to buy a smaller size: better tighter on the leg than loose.

On 12/18/2015 at 10:13 PM, enquire said:

By hand preferably after a soak but if you dont have time by hand then in a laundry bag at low temperature on a delicates wash :D