Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NIK

Have you had that many punts you've forgotten many of them?

32 posts in this topic

Had a slightly disturbing experiences this morning. I was sitting in my car waiting for someone and the only reading material I had to hand was an A to Z of Sheffield. As I was browsing through it looking at places I hadn't been to for years I realised that in my time I've punted virtually all over the city, not just in the obvious parlours.

I saw Stannington on the map, which for those of you who aren't familiar with the city, is quite an upmarket suburb/village on the very edge of the city. I suddenly recalled visiting a house there at at least twice and seeing different girls. Until I saw the place name on the map I'd forgotten all about this place and these punts. I can't for the life of me recall anything at all about the women I saw. They can't have been that good or I'd have remembered. Conversely I suppose they can't have been that bad or I'd have recalled that too.

As I continued to browse through the A to Z more place names brought back memories of places I'd visited for a punt - Pitsmoor very different to Stannington!) Gleadless (remember a nice flat there), Norfolk Park (horrible tower block flat there), Hillsborough, Jordanthorpe, Grimethorpe, The Manor, Rivelin, Woodhouse (remember the pimp there comiing out to meet me with holiday brochures pretending he was a travel agent for the benefit of his neighbours!), Tinsley, Darnall (remember an empty house with just a matress on the floor there!). And these are just a few of many more, but the worrying thing is I can't remember much about many of the punts just the places.

Scary really :D

No wonder I'm in retirement.

Temporary :)

Time to write a book, before all that social history is lost forever ?

Had a slightly disturbing experiences this morning. I was sitting in my car waiting for someone and the only reading material I had to hand was an A to Z of Sheffield. As I was browsing through it looking at places I hadn't been to for years I realised that in my time I've punted virtually all over the city, not just in the obvious parlours.

I saw Stannington on the map, which for those of you who aren't familiar with the city, is quite an upmarket suburb/village on the very edge of the city. I suddenly recalled visiting a house there at at least twice and seeing different girls. Until I saw the place name on the map I'd forgotten all about this place and these punts. I can't for the life of me recall anything at all about the women I saw. They can't have been that good or I'd have remembered. Conversely I suppose they can't have been that bad or I'd have recalled that too.

As I continued to browse through the A to Z more place names brought back memories of places I'd visited for a punt - Pitsmoor very different to Stannington!) Gleadless (remember a nice flat there), Norfolk Park (horrible tower block flat there), Hillsborough, Jordanthorpe, Grimethorpe, The Manor, Rivelin, Woodhouse (remember the pimp there comiing out to meet me with holiday brochures pretending he was a travel agent for the benefit of his neighbours!), Tinsley, Darnall (remember an empty house with just a matress on the floor there!). And these are just a few of many more, but the worrying thing is I can't remember much about many of the punts just the places.

No mention of Ecclesfield, Chapeltown or Grenoside on your list. They're the parts of Sheffield I'm most familiar with, so it seems that I've only frequented respectable areas of the Steel City :D

Time to write a book, before all that social history is lost forever ?

Oh no .. don't give him idea's ... that would be a disaster ... come to think of it .. It could be turned into a good movie .. A Disaster Movie .... :D

In answer to you question .. NIK .. No I've never forgotten any of my punts ... most have been so good ... :)

I remember my best and my worst punts, the rest just become part of the landscape.

My missus wants to know how I seem to know my way around Manchester without a satnav so well.She doesnt know about the one I keep in my works van along with the rest of my punting gear.

Still got more fingers than punts (just). When I run out of toes I'll have to refer to my notes.

Same her NIK and i am not in punting retirement.:D My memory is hazy after spending a decade of my punting stoned. Certain places and ladies i can remember, others ring a bell if i am in an area where i once punted, others have gone from my memory bank.

Absolutely I do remember my first though so many years ago in sharp detail. Many very nice memories though that have stood the test of time.

I remember my best and my worst punts, the rest just become part of the landscape.

That's the truth.

I once tried to recall all the girls I'd seen, couldn't do it. But over the next few days memories started trickling back, am afraid in this middle ground its the location rather than the girl that I recall.

I remember all my punts although only round the 25-30 mark. Just wish there were more around Norfolk as London is starting to get expensive albeit worth it!

I remember that on my very first one, I remembered that I had left my money in the car just as the girl opened the door and I had to go back for it. She must have thought that I had taken one look at her and bolted!

..... am afraid in this middle ground its the location rather than the girl that I recall.

Ah, another estate agent in the fold !

I do the same, walk down the streets of my old home town, and the memories come flooding back !

No mention of Ecclesfield, Chapeltown or Grenoside on your list. They're the parts of Sheffield I'm most familiar with, so it seems that I've only frequented respectable areas of the Steel City :)

No I haven't punted in any of those areas. I assume you mean you are just familiar with them? Not that you've punted in them,

Now I recall one of the girls I saw in the flat at Gleadless was from Ecclesfield. In fact I saw her three times - once in the Gleadless flat (Liason's agency - anyone remember them from way back?) in a hotel at Sharrow and at my place. As I recall she wasn't at all bad, but was one of those who had different names -hence I can't remember her name!

That's the truth.

I once tried to recall all the girls I'd seen, couldn't do it. But over the next few days memories started trickling back, am afraid in this middle ground its the location rather than the girl that I recall.

I probably could remember all the girls, by going through where I'd punted. I've seen quite a few, and I've certainly had a lot of punts, but most have been in a relatively small number of places. For example, a parlour in Billericay (8 girls), my Soho regular's flat (4) , my old house (2) and a flat close to where I used to live (6) - that's 20 girls already. The last one makes me smile, as I managed to have sex with all the girls who worked there, including the owner!

Just don't expect me to remember details of every punt ...

Forgotten them? Been punting for 25 years since I was 18. Some years its been over a hundred punts. I'm surprised at how many I still remember.

It's a shame as you do forget so many, even some of the good ones. I'd forgotten I saw Sam of Bracknell until someone mentioned her on another thread recently. I'd only seen her 3 months ago as well!

Sometimes an old punt pops back into your head at completely random times so they are all up there and anything can trigger a memory.

No I haven't punted in any of those areas. I assume you mean you are just familiar with them? Not that you've punted in them,

Now I recall one of the girls I saw in the flat at Gleadless was from Ecclesfield. In fact I saw her three times - once in the Gleadless flat (Liason's agency - anyone remember them from way back?) in a hotel at Sharrow and at my place. As I recall she wasn't at all bad, but was one of those who had different names -hence I can't remember her name!

No, I've never punted in Sheffield, NIK.I have friends in the areas I mentioned and have spent a few weekends up there.. The nearest I got to a punt in Sheffield was a couple of visits to Bubbles in Derby a few years back on broken train journeys back to London.

yes,i remember the first though more than 30 yrs ago,and recall most of the memorable ladies i have had the pleasure to meet since.sometimes they are remembered by location and or physical type rather than name.

the first was a young french blonde(catherine) in broadwick st

there was sandy,an australiain blonde in cleveland st

and many more:D

there was sandy,an australiain blonde in cleveland st

Sandy, Austrailian Blonde - yes indeed if i close my eyes i can conjure up her card ! Was in a basement in marylebone for a while. ah, memories !

Oh no .. don't give him idea's ... that would be a disaster ... come to think of it .. It could be turned into a good movie .. A Disaster Movie .... :)

In answer to you question .. NIK .. No I've never forgotten any of my punts ... most have been so good ... :D

You are indeed a shining example to us all.

Pity many of us simply don't believe you. :)

My missus wants to know how I seem to know my way around Manchester without a satnav so well.She doesnt know about the one I keep in my works van along with the rest of my punting gear.

Mine was surprised I knew a part of London she didn't think I would know (luckily it wasn't Soho :) ) so pretty sharpish I had to make something up which was entirely unrelated to punting

i have had tons of punts in soho that i have forgetten about its only when im on my work break and i see the girl or the walk up that i remember that i punted with her or i i have visited that walk up before, the reason i dnt remember was due down to such a poor service provided

Bringing this thread together with the 2006 version of AceMassage, which is online at present, and my list of girls I have punted with, I found I have a strangely selective memory. I think I can remember all the girls I've seen more than once.

Where I saw a girl only once, I can remember almost all the girls (parlour,indie, agency) if I saw them in a new (to me) place, but if in a parlour where I had other favourites, I have sometimes completely forgotten them.

Maybe its partly explained that if I did n't bother to see them a second time in a convenient parlour, they must have been nothing special, but that's also true of quite a few agency and indies as well.

Strange huh?