Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chloe Kisses

Make sure you are getting the correct Ghonhorrea medication

6 posts in this topic

Yet we look on the purple site and more men are wanting bareback

I cant understand what's wrong with these men its really scary "dicing with the odds"

Chances are OWO & CIM might become extinct !

Now, I'm not suggesting complacency here but don't panic Mr Mainwaring' – well, not yet anyway. Firstly, amongst you ladies there has been only a very small increase in the cases of gonorrhoea over the last 10 years. The number of diagnoses at GUMs was flat at about 5,000 a year until 2010, and since then it has steadily risen, but to only about 7,000 last year.

For men it’s a different story. The diagnoses amongst men has always been a lot higher, but was pretty much flat at about 12,000 a year until 2010, since when it too has risen, but quite sharply to about 25,000 last year. This, of course, has been put down to the prevalence of unprotected sex, but the sharp rise has been predominantly amongst men having sex with men (18,000 of the 25,000 cases), and not amongst the heterosexual community.

4 hours ago, Calynx said:

Now, I'm not suggesting complacency here but don't paisic Mr Mainwaring' – well, not yet anyway. Firstly, amongst you ladies there has been only a very small increase in the cases of gonorrhoea over the last 10 years. The number of diagnoses at GUMs was flat at about 5,000 a year until 2010, and since then it has steadily risen, but to only about 7,000 last year.

For men it’s a different story. The diagnoses amongst men has always been a lot higher, but was pretty much flat at about 12,000 a year until 2010, since when it too has risen, but quite sharply to about 25,000 last year. This, of course, has been put down to the prevalence of unprotected sex, but the sharp rise has been predominantly amongst men having sex with men (18,000 of the 25,000 cases), and not amongst the heterosexual community.

Nothing to do with campaIgns from the nhs to encourage the young to get tested. Presentation at clinics Isnt a good statistic for prevalence In the population.

A really big fuss should be made to alert people to the need for both antibiotics but surely it is wrong that some clinics were only providing one. they are the ones who know the facts, not dim little fuckabouts like us.

I've been in a situation with an infected wasp sting, which was prescribed 2 anti-biotics and the nurse only gave me one. I returned for a check-up no better, and the nurse I saw said "You've been taking both anti-biotics?". "No I was only given one", they then returned with the second, taking that cleared it up right away.

On my most recent GUM check-up visit I asked about the resistant Gonorrhea. I was told that the current situation has been known about for some years. Cases of any gonorrhea in my area (or at least presented to healthcare), are very low, with only a slight rise recently. Bear in mind if the cases are low, an increase of 1 can be translated into a high percentage, yet only really be insignificant. They also confirmed that the resistant strain is still treatable, and that it's no more nor less transmittable than the other variety.