Softee

Recommendations for massage oil?

15 posts in this topic

This is for me to start giving massages to my wife. I haven't a clue so I'd be grateful for any ideas.

I use Miaroma sweet almond oil. This is a base oil to which I add a few drops of flavouring, usually orange or lavender; these are favourites but there are lots of exotic flavours, pine, frankincense, ginger, etc. They all come from Holland & Barret.

I got some Swoon Massage in a Bottle from Lovehoney: it's great, and smells lovely.

Body shop does nice massage oil.Baby oil or gel can be used though if you don't have massage oil to hand.

Lush do massage bars which are amazing and a lot less messy than oil

So grateful for the replies.  I've bought some Miaroma Sweet Almond Oil & some Bergamot Oil to add to it. My wife is basically up for a massage but it's a matter of us both being in the mood for actually doing it. There'll be candles, soft music and it wil be non sexual for now.  We've not made love properly for over two years so it feels awkward trying to get back to it - as if it's somehow inappropriate. Crazy, I know but she easily feels pressurized when I try to discuss our lack of sex even though she admits to sometimes missing it herself. It's going to take a lot of will power not to give up, take the easy way out and return to punting. But one thing in my favour is my currently low libido as a result of treatment for prostate cancer.  I'm hoping my sex drive will gradually return now that all my treatment is finished.

1 person likes this

coconut oil is very nice

Well, it's taken some time but yesterday my wife finally requested the massage and she enjoyed it.  She was obviously completely naked but I was a perfect gentleman!  She has some spinal/leg issues which I worked on and she said it really helped. I did one or two manoeuvres that got her asking: "Where did you learn that?" I was honest in my reply that I was simply copying what I'd had done to me but I didn't say exactly when!

I've said she can return the favour next time.

BTW the oil smelled nice but I mixed a bit too much - it goes a long way.

Thanks again for the advice and I'll try the other recommendations in time.

Many years ago I studied aromatherapy as part of a wider course of study and at the time I thought it was complete non sense - until I got some really good results!

Other oils to add your blend could include rose which is wonderfully nuturing, Jasmine is very erotic and an aphrodisiac, Geranium which is very soothing and uplifting for women especially if they're hormonal (but seems to do nothing for men), Mimosa is very good for destressing and Pine is both uplifting and pain relieving.

Ah I miss my aromatherapy! These days I go out of my way to use massage oils that don't smell of anything!

What were these "really good results"? Or is it just my dirty mind?

But, seriously - I don't know anything about aromatherapy and the different effects. Is that what I'm doing - sort of?

It's very pertinent what you say because my wife is menopausal as well as being on anti-depressants for stress/anxiety (a lot from work and some from me I suppose!).  She also takes pain killers for the issues I mentioned above.

So, thanks for your post.

Sorry Secret I've been thinking you were a man but I've just checked your profile.  Please excuse my 'dirty mind' comment!

Ha! Don't worry Softee - I think we all have dirty minds here :)

Yes - it is sort of what you're doing. The good thing about aromatherapy is that to a certain extent we can try to chose the right oils to achieve the results we'd like! But we're all different so it can take a little experimenting.

I must admit, I use aromatherapy to affect my mood  (I just adore Rose, Mimosa, Bergamot & Jasmine!) - I like being happy and horny! Bathing with a good blend can make a real difference too. I've had amazing results with regards to many things :)

If you'd like me to recommend a good blend/s for your wife and yourself even then please feel free to PM me.

Edited by MySecretLife
Dyslexia - realised I used the wrong word for something!
1 person likes this

Our senses are strongly affected by smell, which also translates into changing our emotions, which, for example is why a certain perfume or after shave will remind us of ex's and/or loved ones and will instantly make us think of them if we smell them, wherever we are.

Lavender is meant to be good for a mans libido so maybe some nice lavendar scented candles for you when you have your massage!

Thanks Bibi, I'll bear that in mind. I know that she loves lavender.