Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vivluvsme

Quick query re new forum

4 posts in this topic

Sorry if it's obvious or explained somewhere but why do some posts have a blue line under them and others not?

Just to use the space a bit more, why do some posters have huge spaces below their message before their signature etc  appears?

This and the double space paragraphing makes the whole look seem less attractive and normal.

I think the blue line denotes the part of the thread that has (probably) already been read, or at least marked as read, or possibly just new since your last visit.  Something like that.

The signatures with lots of blank lines seems to be a hangover from the transition from the previous board software.  I did read somewhere that posters with signatures like that need to delete their current signature and then create a new one in order to get rid of the blank lines.

2 people like this

Thanks. I hadn't noticed that the blue line matched the division between posts I had/hadn't read but it could well be that as I was never checking or remembering where I had read up to.

1 hour ago, vivluvsme said:

Thanks. I hadn't noticed that the blue line matched the division between posts I had/hadn't read but it could well be that as I was never checking or remembering where I had read up to.

Time to contribute to the "What I learned on the Forum today" thread!

3 people like this