Carnival

Quotes have become anonymous

15 posts in this topic

Suddenly I have found that, if you respond to a post and quote all or some of it, the author of the quotation no longer appears. Can this bug be fixed?

It's really helpful when reading through a series of messages to know who has been quoted as well as what they said.

1 person likes this

G will sort it when he gets in, it has been noted.

9 hours ago, Carnival said:

Suddenly I have found that, if you respond to a post and quote all or some of it, the author of the quotation no longer appears. Can this bug be fixed?

It's really helpful when reading through a series of messages to know who has been quoted as well as what they said.

An update for the forum software was issued today which appears to have fixed this problem.

11 hours ago, Galahad said:

An update for the forum software was issued today which appears to have fixed this problem.

It has indeed - thanks!

This is now happening again. Can it be fixed again?

This is now happening again. Can it be fixed again?

no idea.

test.

This is still a problem for me. When a poster quotes a previous poster, I can no longer see the previous poster's name, just a little down arrow followed by the quote. Clicking on the down arrow doesn't reveal the poster's name, it just makes the quote disappear.

Is this happening for everyone else or do I need to look at some of my Board or browser settings?

1 person likes this

This is still a problem for me. When a poster quotes a previous poster, I can no longer see the previous poster's name, just a little down arrow followed by the quote. Clicking on the down arrow doesn't reveal the poster's name, it just makes the quote disappear.

Is this happening for everyone else or do I need to look at some of my Board or browser settings?

Yes I'm getting that too. I only noticed today! X

Yes

And if I quote something in error its proving difficult to delete it. The old ctrl (or cmd) and right click doesn't seem to work any more. 

Happening for me, too.

I noticed one poster (Cov, I think) getting round the problem by including at the beginning of the quote "X wrote".

Col Bonkers sed:-I noticed one poster (Cov, I think) getting round the problem by including at the beginning of the quote "X wrote".

yeah but thats a work around. the software should do what it sez on the tin.

I'm getting black boxes appearing with nothing in them where it would normally say "another reply to this topic do you want to read it now"   or  "mark forum read"  the yes / no boxes are blank.   Maybe the forum software needs re-loading ?

I'm getting black boxes appearing with nothing in them where it would normally say "another reply to this topic do you want to read it now"   or  "mark forum read"  the yes / no boxes are blank.   Maybe the forum software needs re-loading ?

Yes I've been getting those same black boxes with nothing in them. All very odd.

On 13 January 2016 at 3:04 PM, Carnival said:

They're back and all is well with the world.

2 people like this