Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
petertaylor

Hong Kong

3 posts in this topic

Staying in the Cosmopolitan hotel for a week, starting 31st Jan.

Land about 2.00 pm and plan to go to hotel and then SSS before going out. Means that i should be ot at about 5.00 pm.

Where should I head for? Is Cosmopolitan in easy walking distance of Wan Chai clubs? Should I head for Victoria Park and see what is available?

Any thoughts on must dos whilst there?

Thanks.

Peter

Peter,

Stayed at the Cosmopolitan a couple of years ago. Perfectly OK place; not luxurious but then I find HK hotels have become very expensive.

From what I remember Wan Chai clubs are a 25/30 minute walk; Victoria Park a bit less.

I love using the trams on HK Island and there's a tram stop right outside the hotel. You need to learn which destinations are to the west (for Wanchai) and to the east (for Victoria Park) as all trams stop at the same stop. (Happy Valley is on a sort of branch line). Not so easy returning to the hotel by tram as they go around the far side of Happy Valley Racecourse, so the nearest stop is a bit of a walk. (You'll probably be in taxis getting back to hotel).

Arriving on a Sunday, so I guess you are looking at hooking up with a domestic on her day off. No advice or exoerience to offer here, but I certainly enjoyed Neptune and Fenwicks in Wanchai. Have fun!!

Just had a look.

To the east, trams to Causeway Bay, North Point or Shau Kei Wan.

To the west, trams to Kennedy Town, Western Market and Whitty Street.

The hotel is not near an MTR station. The MTR is, of course, much faster than trams.