Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
doejohn

First trip to Thailand

5 posts in this topic

Hello all,

Hopefully May this year planning on making my first trip to Thailand. No specifics yet but looking to visit Bangkok - Ko Samui and Phuket at least over 3 weeks. I've read a number of posts regarding the scene in the 'old days' but not so much recently... Wondering if there were any words of wisdom / recommendations from the board members?

Any useful information hugely appreciated.

Kind Regards.

Are you looking for general advice, or more specifically on the P4P scene, or places to visit/stay etc?

In the meantime I'd recommend you sign up for one of the Thailand boards (Pattaya Addicts, The Pattaya Club etc) as they have lots of Thailand info. for newbies. 

Also check http://www.barladies.com/, Club Hombre, WSG & ISG.  From those sites I hear that the location of the new airport means that a number of "tourists" are bypassing Bangkok and heading straight to Pattaya or other resorts which is what I did a year ago.

22 hours ago, doejohn said:

Hello all,

Hopefully May this year planning on making my first trip to Thailand. No specifics yet but looking to visit Bangkok - Ko Samui and Phuket at least over 3 weeks. I've read a number of posts regarding the scene in the 'old days' but not so much recently... Wondering if there were any words of wisdom / recommendations from the board members?

Any useful information hugely appreciated.

Kind Regards.

First tip - don't go to Ko Samui without a Thai 'date', they are hard to find there.  Plenty of 'falang' girls to party with if you are young and wondeful beaches and watersports, though.

If you are going primarily for punting I'd stick to Pattaya and Bangkok, it may not be the good old days but there is still plenty going on.

also you don't have to pre-book your entire trip, don't pay your hotel for anyone location all the way up front, so if it isn't what you expected you can jump in a taxi or on an internal flight somewhere else.