Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Strawberry

Posting from mobile devices

10 posts in this topic

I'm still experiencing problems posting from my Samsung Tab 7. If I quote a post I can type 2 words, then it stops. Also if I try to start again the ghost of my previous attempt is still there. 

I can mostly post ok with the device on other forums. 

When on my Samsung phone I find that the time lag for editing isn't long enough to correct auto correct mistakes. Can this be lengthened please? 

on my samsung phone if i start a word with I the the cursor drops elsewhere in my post. often into a quote.

and if i quote, then change my mind i cant get rid of the unwanted quote.  closing my browser, deleting cookies, running ccleaner and restarting all has no effect. grrrr

On 27/02/2016 at 5:49 PM, Coventrypunter said:

on my samsung phone if i start a word with I the the cursor drops elsewhere in my post. often into a quote.

and if i quote, then change my mind i cant get rid of the unwanted quote.  closing my browser, deleting cookies, running ccleaner and restarting all has no effect. grrrr

This also happens to me on the tablet and I think on my phone.

This was happening to me too so I didn't post anything. It's stopped now though!?

No - still bad.

10 hours ago, Coventrypunter said:

No - still bad.

I think he was saying his problem had stopped when he stopped posting (a wee joke), not asking if yours had.

But I had a change-of-mind quote i couldn't delete using my PC. I ended up deleting the text and explaining in the box that i couldn't delete it.

I wonder which would be the easier solution to the problem  of posting to this site  using Android devices - modify the software which this site uses to make it work better with Android devices, or modify the Android software so  that it works better with the software which this site uses.

On 02/27/2016 at 5:49 PM, Coventrypunter said:

I wonder if ipad users have similar problems  posting to these forums.

On android has anyone found a way to use the desktop site?

6 hours ago, Coventrypunter said:

On android has anyone found a way to use the desktop site?

That's the one I use. My Android initially took me to the special mobile site but I found its lack of functionality frustrating and clicked the link at the bottom that said take me to the desk top site. After doing this on several visits, I now get taken to the desk top site automatically. But it's still clunky to use with an Android