Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
slartysmith

I want to suppress 'notifications' box

9 posts in this topic

I'm getting annoyed that there's a 'Would you like to receive notifications from this site' popup box which appears on every screen.  Even if I choose the 'not now' option in the 'receive for this session' dropdown box it ignores it.

Has anyone a way round it?

I'm using a private window in Firefox with Windows 10.

Yes, but I fixed it following the tips there, and it's popping up again about every fourth time I log in. Has something changed?

12 minutes ago, pabulum said:

Yes, but I fixed it following the tips there, and it's popping up again about every fourth time I log in. Has something changed?

Has this started happening since you upgraded to Windows 10? When I posted my "solution" I omitted to mention I was using Windows 7 (and I still am using Windows 7). I wonder if the Forum software is having periodic problems operating properly within your Windows 10 environment.

Erm....what is this 'Windows 10' of which you speak? :o Or even this 'Windows 7'?

No, I'm on XP and Firefox.

18 minutes ago, pabulum said:

Erm....what is this 'Windows 10' of which you speak? :o Or even this 'Windows 7'?

Apologies - the OP said he was on Windows 10, so I thought maybe you were too as you were having then same problem.

Fingers crossed but it seems to be fixed for now.  But I think it went away previously but then returned.

Anyway, thanks to Tomorrow and Carnival.

On 3/3/2016 at 0:07 AM, pabulum said:

Crikey! I don't know how you sleep nights with XP these days.

PS The man who jointly created Firefox is about to introduce a new browser designed to suppress active ads (ones that pop up obscuring your page and that gather data about you) so ad blockers should not be needed but passive ads that sit at the side, say, will be there so content providers can still earn money.

4 hours ago, vivluvsme said:

Crikey! I don't know how you sleep nights with XP these days.

PS The man who jointly created Firefox is about to introduce a new browser designed to suppress active ads (ones that pop up obscuring your page and that gather data about you) so ad blockers should not be needed but passive ads that sit at the side, say, will be there so content providers can still earn money.

If that works in practice the man should get a knighthood.

1 person likes this