JKay

Android kitkat 4.4 problems

5 posts in this topic

I have been given a tablet to fix, its a few weeks old. Press the start button and screen comes to life with the cpu description then screen shows tablet makers logo and underneath it says Android Kitkat 4.4, then it loops back continuously.....how does one get it to boot up? the handbook mentions doing a factory reset but as there are not buttons to push of a keyboard on screen what the heck do I do? 

Apparently some tablets respond to plugging in the mains charger, then holding the 'off' switch for ten seconds, and then holding it again for ten or twenty seconds when re-starting. Gawd knows why, but my Lenovo responded to that after a 'sudden death'. (I think that I got the tip by Googling 'Lenovo tablet sudden death'.)

Usually the tablets will have hardware volume buttons, using these together with the power button may take you to a bootup menu.  Hold Volume up or Volume Down while pressing the power button will get you to a boot menu that have a factory reset option.  You will need to play around to find the right setting to get that.  It may be that you have to hold down both volume buttons together with the power button.

18 minutes ago, downandup said:

Usually the tablets will have hardware volume buttons, using these together with the power button may take you to a bootup menu.  Hold Volume up or Volume Down while pressing the power button will get you to a boot menu that have a factory reset option.  You will need to play around to find the right setting to get that.  It may be that you have to hold down both volume buttons together with the power button.

Got as far as the factory rest but the option says no, can not get it to say yes.

'computer says no' is not an unknown frustration...