Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cheers

£1 in a glass Flying Scotsman strip pub, Kings Cross

3 posts in this topic

I got into an Facebook argument with some Irish travellers in Manchester, who were part of the Irish Traveller Movement in Britain (ITMB), they saw I had liked this strip pub, mentioned how it was in a family area. Soon after Councillor Paul Convery gets this innocuous from the outside- looking pub closed down as it is in a 'family' area. Since when was the bottom of Caledonian Rd a 'family area?! This pub was popular

The bottom of Caledonian road near King's Cross is known as a pick up area or area where fights occur quite regularly, although not as bad as several decades ago, apparently.  Last year I got off at King's X to go to a nearby location, only to have this funny guy approach me as I was walking fast saying: 'morning glory, miss?' and this kind of rubbish.  Only when I called the Police he decided to leave me alone.

On 10/03/2016 at 2:31 PM, Cheers said:

I got into an Facebook argument with some Irish travellers in Manchester, who were part of the Irish Traveller Movement in Britain (ITMB), they saw I had liked this strip pub, mentioned how it was in a family area. Soon after Councillor Paul Convery gets this innocuous from the outside- looking pub closed down as it is in a 'family' area. Since when was the bottom of Caledonian Rd a 'family area?! This pub was popular

this councillor did not get them closed down. The owners mid way through their annual license decided to convert to a craft ales type venue with no stripping.