enquire

Creative ways to continue punting

22 posts in this topic

On a different topic, 3 members suggested pending retirement would stop or reduce their opportunities to punt. My own view is that they will jeapordise their relationship if they spend all the time with their partners. So who has some creative suggestions to help them get out of the house by themself. 

Mine, set up a club with other PN members about to retire, take turns to meet at a pub near to each of you. You can stop off to see an escort before or after the meeting. 

Develop and become involved in something your parrtner would not be intersted in, for example bird watching, historic re-enactments, the roundabout society. Stop off on route or on the way back to see an escort. 

Really do get involved in your new boring hobby, it is never wise to lie to your partner, or anyone else. You will always be caught out in the end. 

Any other creative solutions?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not easy I can tell you. Best to have some interests hobbies before you retire then you can carry on with them and occasionally get diverted. Must of course be things your SA not involved.

 

For example I go to lectures - or at least on occasion end up somewhere else.

Take up watching cricket, especially the County variety where games last four days. Easy to have a two or even three hour punt and watch most of the days play

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like your first idea but you would need a good cover story to explain the friendship.

Everyone has a relation that their partner hates, just start getting an urge to visit them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Encourage partner to go to all the places she really wants to visit, but has not pushed for trips because she knew you'd hate those places.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Become an Egyptologist. (Yes, I stole this from Messrs Amis and Conquest.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where I live, about 1/2  a mile away is the house I visit, a nice pub, a good Indian restaurant and a fish and chip shop.

As I come back with the Indian take-away, I complain 'it was very busy tonight. Had to wait ages.'

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

good suggestions for generating the opportunity...... Advice for generating the funds?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AnotherFrank said:

good suggestions for generating the opportunity...... Advice for generating the funds?

more relevant, how to have a punting stash safe from discovery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, tugg said:

It's not easy I can tell you. Best to have some interests hobbies before you retire then you can carry on with them and occasionally get diverted. Must of course be things your SA not involved.

 

For example I go to lectures - or at least on occasion end up somewhere else.

Take up watching cricket, especially the County variety where games last four days. Easy to have a two or even three hour punt and watch most of the days play

 

Having a hobby in place definitely helps your cover story.  As if your both retired and doing nothing at home she may suggest inviting her girlfriends along to your "pub outing".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Suggest that after the initial few months doing together all the things that you mutually enjoy but couldn't do while working (holiday trips, visits to places of interest) that it would be a good idea if, one day a week you each pursued your own interest.  She at the W.I (say), you on something else quite different. Not on the same day.  I did this for many years until (alas) my wife died.  I used to do some cleaning and cook dinner on her day out.  This gives scope to pursue one's sexual interests!  (She might be pursuing hers, too!)

Sex apart, this sort of retirement relationship does mean that you don't get bored with each other's company.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Geanealogy is a good excuse. Get yourself off to the County record office to check through the parish registers. They frequently take hours to peruse on slides.

After many an hour or two have I returned empty handed so to speak whilst trying to attribute my flushed cheeks and heavy breathing to grass pollen or some such.

Uncle Pokey

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 8:10 AM, AnotherFrank said:

good suggestions for generating the opportunity...... Advice for generating the funds?

When you get cash back in the supermarket or filling station put a few notes away for a future punt. Ditto when getting cash from an ATM.

 

As for hiding it, keep it in your pocket unless your OH is prone to searching there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, erictheidol said:

When you get cash back in the supermarket or filling station put a few notes away for a future punt. Ditto when getting cash from an ATM.

 

As for hiding it, keep it in your pocket unless your OH is prone to searching there

Very bad advice, in my view, for the reason you give.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My name is a clue - a penchant for obscure foreign films is enough to put off most OHs :)

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎18‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 5:13 PM, Colonel Bonkers said:

Very bad advice, in my view, for the reason you give.

I assumed that one did not have a suspicious OH. In that case, one needs to take special measures.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have my 'fuck fund.' If I don't go out to the Pub,

its £5 for every beer that I don't have, going into the fund for my special pleasures..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/03/2016 at 8:10 AM, AnotherFrank said:

good suggestions for generating the opportunity...... Advice for generating the funds?

Sell unnecessary stuff on ebay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Be a bachelor!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got a get out of jail card for a toy soldier exhibition in London. Chances of your female partner wanting to go is zero and a post visit conversation even less.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join www.CAMRA.org.uk - the campaign for real ale and go along to Beer Festivals.

Have a nice punt, then have a couple of beers (or more) afterwards. Not many partners would come along with you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm off to buy a anorak a few note books and borrow some library books on trains..  and tell my OH I'm off down the station.  That will do me for a few months and then I might need to travel further a field to pursue my interest. It all sounds too easy and I'd be only fooling myself as my OH would see straight through it, however it might be of use for others. Can't remember ever seeing a female train spotter at the end of a platform. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/04/2016 at 3:40 PM, Tenacity said:

I'm off to buy a anorak a few note books and borrow some library books on trains..  and tell my OH I'm off down the station.  That will do me for a few months and then I might need to travel further a field to pursue my interest. It all sounds too easy and I'd be only fooling myself as my OH would see straight through it, however it might be of use for others. Can't remember ever seeing a female train spotter at the end of a platform. 

For some reason there are loads of 'spotters' at Battersea Park Station. No idea why!?! And I have seen females 'spotters' there too...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now