Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pabulum

Windows 10.1 - or whatever

4 posts in this topic

Has anyone any idea whether it is likely that 'Windows 10.1' or whatever it is to be called will be coming along soon? My PC running on XP is showing its age and I don't really want to leap into the present day without Windows 10 having had its upgrade. And I am certainly not going to go for 8.1 and miss the deadline for free upgrades - hell, it'ld take me until 2018 to learn 8.1!.

And before you suggest other things (even though they may make excellent technical sense and have other benefits....Yes, I have a tablet for emergencies. Yes, I have tried and disliked laptops. And no, I am not thinking of a Mac. Certainly not after reading that Apple actually is vulnerable to malware. :)

I am no expert at all but: there has already been a significant update that may well have been dubbed 10.1 by some commentators but not Apple(??) but otherwise there are monthly updates that aren't numbered at all.

The latest apparently upset some people as it included some sort of ad/invitation to upgrade to 10 so presumably went to non-10 machines too but was within a security update.

I may have garbled that last bit as no point adding an ad to upgrade to 10 on machines running 10.

The first major update to windows 10 was released last November and is called Windows 10 Version 1511 (ie 2015, November), since then there has been the usual regular smaller updates and bug fixes

Thanks both: helpful.