punt

technical issues

5 posts in this topic

hi

1) anyone else suddenly can't log into their adultworks account? apparently they were doing a little housekeeping for 2016 and if i hadn't logged into my account more than a month from the message than i would have to re-register, and would need to contact them to re-register with the same email address. thing is their contact details are gone too. any idea how to get in touch? kinda annoyed since i was given almost no warning this would happen and they should expect that a lot of their users log in on an intermittent basis

2) i'm pretty sure i made a few new posts here when i last visited and they were still sent to the mod queue - in fact it seems they still haven't appeared; can anyone advise?

thanks

Adultwork problems are not really a topic for PN but in the interests those who rely on there profiles here is a bit of an update in very general terms and with out going back to check emails, AW is now closing down inactive accounts of more than 2 months, its status will be reduced, forget what its called to be honest, when this is done an email will be sent to the email account that is currently listed in the profile registration for the profile holder to take action as requested, you can return your profile status easily but if you leave it more than a month then its gone for good, no way of ever getting it back, only option is to start again with new name and new email address, they say that you can contact them to use same email but don't bother its long winded.

Sorry that yours got closed down, but I think it's a good idea, hopefully cleans up a lot of fake profiles that haven't been logged into! 

It seems to be happening to a few people, so probably best to log in here and there frequently just incase. X

7 hours ago, TightYoungEbony said:

Sorry that yours got closed down, but I think it's a good idea, hopefully cleans up a lot of fake profiles that haven't been logged into! 

It seems to be happening to a few people, so probably best to log in here and there frequently just incase. X

...and make sure you log in to your email account that's registered on AW as some providers will close the email account of not logged in for a couple of months, this will trigger AW to close even an active used every day Verified profile.

Two things about emails if you view incoming mail via being logged into your profile you will not receive any important mail from AW, to read them you need to log in to your actual email provider account. Not doing so you could be missing an urgent AW message that needs to be addressed within 24 or 48 hours resulting in your Profile going missing.

On the subject of emails scammers are harvesting email addresses that providers are choosing the option to display their email address in their profile hence bypassing the security of running through the AW mail security, this runs the risk of receiving scam/phishing mail from non genuine similar looking addresses as AW. never respond to anything that is not "at"adultwork,com and AW will never ask for your password or account details.

Off on a tangent, worth investigating using tineye/reverse image search to see if your (up to three) front page pictures are being used or have been stolen and are now on other websites/agencies ect ,  even if you own the website then AW will be contacting you and will close your AW down, even if you are a genuine verified member.