lancelot

PC TuneUP Perf Programs

10 posts in this topic

I use AVG anti virus - free edition - seems to do a good job

I tried their tune up package - free 1 time use - and it did seem to speed things up a little.

can anyone recommend this package or any other tune up type programs?

I wont pay unless I get some good recommendations and trying online review sites is a waste of time as I dont trust anyone there

get a registry cleaner. get ccleaner 9free).  and get eusing free registry cleaner.  that should perk your PC up a bit.

I use Vcom System suite Pro which is yearly subscription but there are a few free bits of kit but they all tend to lie somewhat you can scan with one bit of kit then download another trial product and on its first scan it comes up with a shedload of OS problems that I then fixes, but once you get your head around it there are some time saving tune-ups available.

I am getting what seems to be a fairly common issue with W10 - frozen screen then tab saying display driver issue and recovered by PC. Pretty annoying that we are expected to sort it with a registry tweak that can ruin everything if not done exactly right.

Sort it out, MS :(

On ‎07‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 1:15 PM, vivluvsme said:

I am getting what seems to be a fairly common issue with W10 - frozen screen then tab saying display driver issue and recovered by PC. Pretty annoying that we are expected to sort it with a registry tweak that can ruin everything if not done exactly right.

Sort it out, MS :(

That's why I'm still on Windows 7.

And why I'm still on XP.

But not for much longer, I fear, as the machine is taking half a minute or more to surface from 'Stand By' and other bits a (to put it mildly) creaking.

Ccleaner is a good free one as Cov says, as is Eusing.

Recently I've also been trying out Privazer  which is basically the same thing as Ccleaner but seems to be a bit more thorough.  (Or I imagine it is because it  possibly runs slower and takes longer)  But it's free and worth trying

Any version of Windows is buggy and slows with age. I have worked in the computer industry for 28 years when Windows 3.1 was installed over DOS (remember that).

best bit of advice is to backup everything you create,format the hard disk and  re-install Windows 7,8,10 every 18-24 months . Yes it's a hassle, but the PC will run a lot quicker with a virgin install. 

6 hours ago, Navster said:

Any version of Windows is buggy and slows with age. I have worked in the computer industry for 28 years when Windows 3.1 was installed over DOS (remember that).

best bit of advice is to backup everything you create,format the hard disk and  re-install Windows 7,8,10 every 18-24 months . Yes it's a hassle, but the PC will run a lot quicker with a virgin install. 

the problem seems to be absent when using the pc with aplications other than internet browsing

On 06/04/2016 at 9:17 PM, lancelot said:

I use AVG anti virus - free edition - seems to do a good job

I tried their tune up package - free 1 time use - and it did seem to speed things up a little.

can anyone recommend this package or any other tune up type programs?

I wont pay unless I get some good recommendations and trying online review sites is a waste of time as I dont trust anyone there

AVG is resource hungry, try Avira Free, it is one of the top free anti-viruses.