Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dave451

HIV / AIDS

8 posts in this topic

I have been working in Germany recently where they have very liberal prostitution laws including registration of sex workers, regular STD tests for the workers and frequent police checks etc.

I have never been offered unprotected sex in Germany before, but this time I was offered it by two girls (20 or 25E extra) - they both said they were tested regularly so there was no risk. WRONG! Testing will help reduce the risk, but it does not eliminate it, as I am sure most readers of this board know. The HIV Aware web site has good information on this:

http://www.hivaware.org.uk/do-i-have-hiv/signs-and-symptoms

The problem is that after infection HIV, and other STDs, have a delay before symptoms appear, but this is the time when the virus can spread very easily. So if a WG had a clean test, then had unprotected sex and contracted HIV, there would be a week or ten days before the inital symptoms appeared. During this time, the risk of passing on the infection(s) is very high.

The advice, repeated regularly on here and elsewhere, is always use a condom even if the sex worker has been tested recently.

1 person likes this

you can never be too careful. I long for the day when all I have to worry about after barebacking is getting her pregnant. 

This is like being back at school.

Most on here are adults, and a few of us can do our own risk assessment.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

On 10/04/2016 at 0:02 AM, Siamese Tomcat said:

a few of us can do our own risk assessment.

I guess Dave was aiming his post at the many.

But even if it only gets this potentially life saving message through to one previously unaware person, then Dave  may have saved a life, and I think that alone makes his post one to be welcomed.

1 person likes this

I am sure Tomcat is right that most people on here are well aware of the risk of unprotected sex, but not all.

On 13/04/2016 at 0:27 AM, Carnival said:

I guess Dave was aiming his post at the many.

But even if it only gets this potentially life saving message through to one previously unaware person, then Dave  may have saved a life, and I think that alone makes his post one to be welcomed.

However, Carnival has it the nail on the head, so thanks for your post. My reason for drawing attention to this is there may be some who believe that STD testing is a complete answer. I am sorry if I was stating the obvious in my post but I think it is worth reminding ourselves that unprotected sex is not safe even within a STD testing regime. The HIV aware web site is well worth visiting.

On 10 April 2016 at 7:20 PM, tonybenz said:

you can never be too careful. I long for the day when all I have to worry about after barebacking is getting her pregnant. 

I totally agree! You are in charge for your own health

12 hours ago, trenoure said:

I totally agree! You are in charge for your own health

So how come kids get cancer?

As you grow older and start attending more funerals than weddings, you realise that a lot of it is down to dumb luck - not all of it, but just enough to make it pointless over-worrying about stuff.

On 15/04/2016 at 9:38 AM, Dave451 said:

I am sure Tomcat is right that most people on here are well aware of the risk of unprotected sex, but not all.

However, Carnival has it the nail on the head, so thanks for your post. My reason for drawing attention to this is there may be some who believe that STD testing is a complete answer. I am sorry if I was stating the obvious in my post but I think it is worth reminding ourselves that unprotected sex is not safe even within a STD testing regime. The HIV aware web site is well worth visiting.

And thank you Dave.  Many people are aware of how HIV can be contracted, but not all (hence the people that unprotected oral sex is safe).

HIV takes several months to appear on an STI screening, so any WG that gets tested monthly will always be a few months behind in regards to HIV if she provides unprotected oral sex.

Dave, if only more guys like you and Carnival existed to keep the rest of the punting community safe...  But yeah. If only, if only....  ;)  xxxx