Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
onceinawhile

Testing...how often?

8 posts in this topic

As you can see from my nickname I only visit ladies once in a while. In fact once this year and once last year

I wondered though how often I should consider a visit to the gum clinic. Is it wise after every visit to a WG? I only practice safe sex, no Owo or RO and always protected. I'm still considering a visit to the local Gum however...am I being over cautious?

Posted (edited)

yes, not in terms of your precautions, but feeling you still need check-ups. Which part of your sexual activity do you feel still puts you at risk?

Edited by MatureUschi
not explaining my answer properly

Potentially...but does it really hurt to give it a check anyway? It's a nice thing to be able to know that you are tested and given the all clear, both with service providers and people in your civilian life. The chances of there being anything wrong are probably very very low, but it doesn't take much effort to get it checked out.

I can highly recommend Dean Street Express in Soho if you live in London, or even if you visit. They get you in and out in about 30 minutes or less, and then text you the results. :)

If you are only having 1 encounter in 12 months, probably 12 weeks after that. Although modern testing can be accurate to shorter timescales, this was always considered optimum testing time. 

For the best advice however, I'd ask a qualified and trained professional. 

Christ man, no owo or ro, on the clock once a year?  Well done on your self control, I would say you are the least at risk man or woman on this forum.  If I exhibited your behavior I would not feel the need to test, ever, but you should do whatever frequency allows you to sleep well.  Monthly, quarterly, whatever gives you peace of mind.  Bravo and god bless.

I get tested around every six weeks, not because I have unprotected sex or see lots and lots of clients. I do it to put my lovers at ease - I know sti's are something people worry about to the point where they might have phantom symptoms, so I test regularly and publish the results on my blog and aw page. For the record I've never caught a thing.

1 person likes this

13 hours ago, SweetSummers said:

Potentially...but does it really hurt to give it a check anyway? It's a nice thing to be able to know that you are tested and given the all clear, both with service providers and people in your civilian life. The chances of there being anything wrong are probably very very low, but it doesn't take much effort to get it checked out.

I can highly recommend Dean Street Express in Soho if you live in London, or even if you visit. They get you in and out in about 30 minutes or less, and then text you the results. :)

Yes, I think this is why I have considered a check up, just the peace of mind angle....I do have the OH to consider, and I just don't want it on my mind. 

6 hours ago, MySecretLife said:

I get tested around every six weeks, not because I have unprotected sex or see lots and lots of clients. I do it to put my lovers at ease - I know sti's are something people worry about to the point where they might have phantom symptoms, so I test regularly and publish the results on my blog and aw page. For the record I've never caught a thing.

Really good to know, I guess there is such a thing as safe sex! If you read medical sites on the net you could be forgiven for thinking every encounter would lead to some kind of problems!