Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vivluvsme

Streaming devices

5 posts in this topic

I know I am usually ahead of the game but do other posters make use of these boxes and sticks? If so, do you find them over fiddly or smooth as silk? have you discovered the best device? The best build?

I am indebted to fellow poster Xenia who set me on the path to benefiting from the advantage of having access to so many more channels and programmes but I can imagine from the streams (sorry) of pleas for advice on forums that you need to have a willingness to deal with the hiccups that seem to occur.

I wonder if I'm the only poster who hasn't understood a word of the OP:

Fair enough!

You will see in the tech areas of shops like bigger supermarkets as well as tech shops like Maplin, such items as Amazon Fire Box and Amazon Fire Stick.

You attach them to your wifi router and TV and you can look and a whole range of additional TV channels and programmes, sports events, past box set episodes and lots more. The main thing to do is add Kodi and then a build (there are loads to choose from).

Kodi provides the means for the build to give you a smartly organised set of TV shows, sports, kids or adult shows. Some would say that after the initial box/stick purchase you can then save a lot of money every month not having things like a sky subscription but there are also programmes, events etc from around the world.

I don't know how old you are Colonel (and congrats on the thousand likes) but I am no spring chicken and I have found it opens up a whole new world of access to whatever i want to watch - and I can see all sorts of sports events without standing in the rain having paid a big entrance fee.

11 minutes ago, vivluvsme said:

Fair enough!

You will see in the tech areas of shops like bigger supermarkets as well as tech shops like Maplin, such items as Amazon Fire Box and Amazon Fire Stick.

You attach them to your wifi router and TV and you can look and a whole range of additional TV channels and programmes, sports events, past box set episodes and lots more. The main thing to do is add Kodi and then a build (there are loads to choose from).

Kodi provides the means for the build to give you a smartly organised set of TV shows, sports, kids or adult shows. Some would say that after the initial box/stick purchase you can then save a lot of money every month not having things like a sky subscription but there are also programmes, events etc from around the world.

I don't know how old you are Colonel (and congrats on the thousand likes) but I am no spring chicken and I have found it opens up a whole new world of access to whatever i want to watch - and I can see all sorts of sports events without standing in the rain having paid a big entrance fee.

Well, fair enough,though I didn't understand a great deal of that either - though I notice some other people my age are much more enterprising. I think I've reached saturation point for absorbing new technology, and I hope to muddle along with what I now know for the rest of mylife.

Thanks for the congratulations - though I thought the likes stood at 1001 an hour or so ago. Has some bastard had second thoughts and rescinded it?

Not me, colonel!