JKay

Game of Thrones.

80 posts in this topic

All set for new series?

Sky + it this morning, now got my feet up, phones turned off, Here we go!

OMG - I so love GOT and the ladies are stunning don't you think - just not sure who my favourite is - rather like punting, to many lovely ladies to choose! :)

Well that's episode one done, roll on next Monday!

Cant believe its been a year.   Will watch it later tonite

Yeah loved the new Ep1 of Season 6. I stayed up to watch it on U.S time lol. Lots of mixed reviews, as now it's getting into 'no book to follow' territory.

Glad it's back and glad it is in " no book to follow" territory because for the past 5 years or so readers of the books have been smugly spoiling it for non readers like myself by saying " ooh that didn't happen" and "oh in the book he dies but in the series he lives and that's wrong" or " did you know he killed her cos she slept with him " and so forth.

Now what happens happens and no one can say "oooh told you so" Anyway it's back and have to say i thought the 1st episode was a belter and if the bookies didn't like having an advantage then tough tits.

Oh and best looking Game of Thrones hottie?  Toss up between Sansa Stark, Margery Tyrell or Missandei of Narth. All worth 200 Braavosi coins per hour;)

1 person likes this

In a way, I agree - the show's become it's own entity, which is better to avoid spoilers & die hard trolling super-fans who like to ruin it for the rest of us 'because they can'. The show makers did say they're aiming towards the same story arc - main plot points should be covered as Martin has let them know what happens; only the way the story unfolds will be different. I see both the books and TV show very different beasts, and enjoy them both equally - although i do wish Mr Martin would hurry up with his W.O.W instalment.

Fav GoT hottie. No doubt for me, it's a toss up between Dani or Missandei, although ideally both together would suffice :D

2 hours ago, spartan117 said:

Glad it's back and glad it is in " no book to follow" territory because for the past 5 years or so readers of the books have been smugly spoiling it for non readers like myself by saying " ooh that didn't happen" and "oh in the book he dies but in the series he lives and that's wrong" or " did you know he killed her cos she slept with him " and so forth.

Now what happens happens and no one can say "oooh told you so" Anyway it's back and have to say i thought the 1st episode was a belter and if the bookies didn't like having an advantage then tough tits.

Oh and best looking Game of Thrones hottie?  Toss up between Sansa Stark, Margery Tyrell or Missandei of Narth. All worth 200 Braavosi coins per hour;)

I wouldn't complain if any of the Sand Snakes farted in my bed......

2 hours ago, Gaz up North said:

I wouldn't complain if any of the Sand Snakes farted in my bed......

If you did complain they would take turns in killing you, as beautiful as they are they are trained killers,  more dangerous than the Mountain, that's why i didn't include them in my G.O.T hotties.

I 'fess up and admit to getting up at 2am to watch the episode. It was a surreal experience.

Episode 2 and the death count is into double figures already including....nah that would be telling:o

1 person likes this

11 minutes ago, spartan117 said:

Episode 2 and the death count is into double figures already including....nah that would be telling:o

... the hounds are getting well fed!

2 people like this

"I drink.........and I know things"

Loved that line!

2 people like this

Stopped up for episode 3 this morning, great stuff so going to watch it again.

At the Baftas the BBC luvvies waxed lyrical about public funded tv programmes. One lambasted private tv channels and said it was impossible for profit obsessed privately owned channels to produce quality tv. And last night I watched no BBC but once again settled down to watch "Game of Thrones". Quality up and beyond anything on the Beeb

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, Lessingham said:

At the Baftas the BBC luvvies waxed lyrical about public funded tv programmes. One lambasted private tv channels and said it was impossible for profit obsessed privately owned channels to produce quality tv. And last night I watched no BBC but once again settled down to watch "Game of Thrones". Quality up and beyond anything on the Beeb

I like Game of Thrones, but BBC dramas like The Night Manager or Wolf Hall are of equal - or higher - quality.

And I'm paying £6.99 a month to Sky (that's about half the license fee) just to watch GoT - nothing else on there of any interest.

Posted (edited)

I must say the Beeb have been a little hot n cold with their programming of late. Ok, Wolfhall was 'well done' and I think Mark Rylance did deserve his BAFTA. It was a little slow paced and overly cerebral for my taste (ok, it's based on true history, but not really accurate) and mainly is lacking in any sort of dramatic punch. Lighting & sound in that show was awful too. I've mainly loved the Beeb for it's science and history programming and made celebs of some great presenters (Alice Roberts, Prof Brian Cox, Lucy Worsley & Jim Al Khalili) , but even those shows have gone a bit off the boil too. If the government start taking over proxy creative control, it's the end of them and some great Brit television.

HBO are the masters of high drama (take The Sopranos & The Wire as trailblazing classics) and are doing a decent job on GoT. I'm sad that they're ahead of the books, but I accept its it's own entity now.

Ep 3 was great this week - yep, plot holes left right n centre, but who cares (I don't) - just good enjoyable telly  at 2am on a dark Monday morning. lol

Edited by earlgreyman
contextual grammar

Loved the farting sound Maester Pycelle made when he saw The Mountain:D, classic comedy moment, if you missed it watch it again and listen carefully to the old fart.

1 person likes this

Love game of Thrones, it's epic......but

Originally the plot stayed close to the book (I said close, I use the term sparingly in some instances)  but it did.

I found season 5 a little bit lack lustre to the previous seasons but still good, was disappointed they killed off Jon Snow but they have since rectified that by bringing him back in seasons 6 and in a much better way that ol Bobby Ewing in the shower re Dallas

I like it that they're introduced much of the season 5 main characters back in so quickly, with the notable exceptions of Petyr Baelish, (but he's showing on the cast list so assume he'll be back...Bron (Jerome Flynn) and The Hound (Rory McCann..not sure if he was in season 5)

My only nag is that like season 5 their are too many storylines going on, their isn't any cohesion, no end result seems apparent?  3 episodes in of Season 6 and there is no real path,  gone seems to be the battles for Kings Landing, gone has Daenery's march towards Kings Landing,  she's now chucked away in some tent waiting presumably for her dragons to come rescue her, gone the subplots surrounding Cersei and Jaimie's incestuous tryst resulting in a now dead child etc etc.  The Wildlings are all but mates with the Nightwatch, Theon is off to see his sister and his now dead father,  Arya now has her eyes back but still can't see the light when on the streets of Bravos, Tyrion and his now bestest buddy the cockless Lord Varys have released the shackles of the other 2 dragons but nothing as yet from them...and then there is Bran who has seen the light but just when he does he's transported back to his existence within a tree and his legs are useless all over again.

The heady days of Joffrey/Tywin/Rob and Ned Stark along with  ever so eventful episodes such as the epic Rains of Castamere (S3 EP9) are all but gone now

but yes, it's messy, it's hard to keep up...but it's still great TV and I'm still as avid a fan as I was when it was first launched

Valar Morghulis!

Yes indeed, there's much contention amongst hardcore fans on the parting of the books vs tv series. Unfortunately for book fans, from day one, it's been a hack fest - it's impossible to stay faithful to George's original vision as it's a very much more complex and meandering storyline. TV is all about fastest way to the main plot points in the shortest time, using broader brush strokes.

Agree, season 5 lost it's way, as that's where some character's story lines had already ended in the books. So, the show is now entirely it's own entity and the writers are starting to cut very quickly between all the characters, which lacks cohesive thread. The plotlines will eventually come to a head towards the end of the season as usual, but it's definitely bitty. George has told the show's creators the main plot points and the ending (apparently), but we shall see, once winds of winter comes out....but i think the show might be over before that arrives. I hear there's only 2 TV seasons left.

I'm enjoying 6 muchly, I'm glad Jon Snow came back - was a cliffhanger in the books too, so I'm pretty confident JS will be resurrected...

The show's subtly focusing now on the J = L + R plot line - the idea that Jon Snow was never Ned Stark's son, but actually the son of Lyanna Stark & Rhaegar Targaryen (the former King) - who was killed & usurped by Robert Baratheon (thru his hand Jamie Lannister) and protected secretly and under treason by his best friend, Ned. This means that Jon was never a bastard, as Ned's pretend son, but apparently a true heir to the kingdom.

Be very interesting to see what happens how and when Danearys and Jon meet. Explosive stuff. :)

Hmmm...........Danearys's ships were burned........she has no means of reaching Westeros.........wait a minute........An interesting turn of events is occurring on the Iron Islands and they just happen to have a fleet of ships........

1 person likes this

On 10/05/2016 at 8:06 AM, Lessingham said:

Well the beeb made Dickensian which Ive recently watched and loved only to find the tight bastards who love sucking money from every household in the country are no longer planning a second series because its too costly for the number of viewers it got, clearly too busy spending everyones money on inflated wage packets and free holidays for everyone...

GoT....awwwwweeeesooooooommmmeee

On 11/05/2016 at 7:47 PM, Gaz up North said:

Hmmm...........Danearys's ships were burned........she has no means of reaching Westeros.........wait a minute........An interesting turn of events is occurring on the Iron Islands and they just happen to have a fleet of ships........

She always has a means, her Dragon will find her when its ready

Posted (edited)

On 11/05/2016 at 4:54 PM, EnjoyEmily said:

Love game of Thrones, it's epic......but

Originally the plot stayed close to the book (I said close, I use the term sparingly in some instances)  but it did.

I found season 5 a little bit lack lustre to the previous seasons but still good, was disappointed they killed off Jon Snow but they have since rectified that by bringing him back in seasons 6 and in a much better way that ol Bobby Ewing in the shower re Dallas

I like it that they're introduced much of the season 5 main characters back in so quickly, with the notable exceptions of Petyr Baelish, (but he's showing on the cast list so assume he'll be back...Bron (Jerome Flynn) and The Hound (Rory McCann..not sure if he was in season 5)

My only nag is that like season 5 their are too many storylines going on, their isn't any cohesion, no end result seems apparent?  3 episodes in of Season 6 and there is no real path,  gone seems to be the battles for Kings Landing, gone has Daenery's march towards Kings Landing,  she's now chucked away in some tent waiting presumably for her dragons to come rescue her, gone the subplots surrounding Cersei and Jaimie's incestuous tryst resulting in a now dead child etc etc.  The Wildlings are all but mates with the Nightwatch, Theon is off to see his sister and his now dead father,  Arya now has her eyes back but still can't see the light when on the streets of Bravos, Tyrion and his now bestest buddy the cockless Lord Varys have released the shackles of the other 2 dragons but nothing as yet from them...and then there is Bran who has seen the light but just when he does he's transported back to his existence within a tree and his legs are useless all over again.

The heady days of Joffrey/Tywin/Rob and Ned Stark along with  ever so eventful episodes such as the epic Rains of Castamere (S3 EP9) are all but gone now

but yes, it's messy, it's hard to keep up...but it's still great TV and I'm still as avid a fan as I was when it was first launched

Valar Morghulis!

I think the different plot lines are deliberate, to keep us guessing till the last minute as to whats going to happen, who will converge on who etc. Apparently Cersei and Jamie get even freakier this season, Im hoping Sansa will find her balls and I think the siblings are going to meet up again, with Bran as the all seeing whatever and Jon back in the game, apparently fathered by you know who, then he will have the power also to control dragons (which bran can enter the minds of with his magicywagicy powers) even if he doesnt know it yet, related to Danearys, in other words her only living relative and possibly husband material (they like a bit of that dont they) then I think things are going to get interesting, I think Danaerys and the starks will rule the day in the end, together

Edited by Chloe Kisses

On ‎15‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 2:36 PM, Chloe Kisses said:

She always has a means, her Dragon will find her when its ready

Her Dragon cant transport her entire army to Westeros though.

The Ironborn fell flat on their faces in the North but they must still have a part to play or else why keep them in the story?

I feel for Grey worm and Missandei.......LOVELY couple.......just a shame they cant copulate!