The Happy Punter

Comes with the Territory (The Little Niggles of Punting)

33 posts in this topic

I have been punting for 4 years - enjoy it immensely and have had many a great punt - however some niggles come with the territory I find and they are part and parcel (for me anyway):

I don't know if anybody has experienced any of the following but it would be reassuring to know that I am not alone in managing these little niggles:

Unfriendly and officious phone manner:  Some WG's have a fabulous phone manner - warm, friendly and engaging from the get go - for me (as for them I am sure) this call is really important as it is such an indicator that the punt will go well - curt, officious, suspicious, monosyllabic, I could go on.  I do get the importance of screening etc and am really sympathetic but it is a two way street - if I sense the lady is unfriendly on the phone - I just won't go ahead - call me old fashioned!!

Can you provide references of other WG's who have seen you:  This one threw me - the idea of emailing a lady I have seen and saying, 'Id like to see this lady but she wants to know if I am OK and can you ping her over a reference' would not only be embarrassing; I'm not sure I'd want to impose like that - respectful email, respectful phone call, following protocols diligently, yes, of course, but providing references, FFS!  Its not a job interview.

Websites with copy that is impossible to read because its in italics or the colours and backdrop aren't right:  I don't even to bother to read these and think what on earth is the lady thinking - I have seen a few of these recently and think it is a classic case of style over practicality - how I delight and rejoice in a well constructed, easy to navigate and most importantly easy to read website.

Thank you, I have got these three niggles off my chest - even a very happy punter has his niggles and bug bears and these are three of mine!

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

References are well covered by Adultwork who allow both partied to leave comments on genuine bookings. My experience is that these are largely (but not entirely) kosher.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't use AW - I book independent ladies with websites who largely by and large don't require a reference - thankfully!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I started out about 14 years ago it was reasonably common for escorts invited for outcalls to ask for 'references', but it was a smaller world (when a fair number of those with web sites used the Boards and could IM other women), and there was no AW.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, The Happy Punter said:

I have been punting for 4 years - enjoy it immensely and have had many a great punt - however some niggles come with the territory I find and they are part and parcel (for me anyway):

I don't know if anybody has experienced any of the following but it would be reassuring to know that I am not alone in managing these little niggles:

Unfriendly and officious phone manner:  Some WG's have a fabulous phone manner - warm, friendly and engaging from the get go - for me (as for them I am sure) this call is really important as it is such an indicator that the punt will go well - curt, officious, suspicious, monosyllabic, I could go on.  I do get the importance of screening etc and am really sympathetic but it is a two way street - if I sense the lady is unfriendly on the phone - I just won't go ahead - call me old fashioned!!

Can you provide references of other WG's who have seen you:  This one threw me - the idea of emailing a lady I have seen and saying, 'Id like to see this lady but she wants to know if I am OK and can you ping her over a reference' would not only be embarrassing; I'm not sure I'd want to impose like that - respectful email, respectful phone call, following protocols diligently, yes, of course, but providing references, FFS!  Its not a job interview.

Websites with copy that is impossible to read because its in italics or the colours and backdrop aren't right:  I don't even to bother to read these and think what on earth is the lady thinking - I have seen a few of these recently and think it is a classic case of style over practicality - how I delight and rejoice in a well constructed, easy to navigate and most importantly easy to read website.

Thank you, I have got these three niggles off my chest - even a very happy punter has his niggles and bug bears and these are three of mine!

 

 

 

If a girl is 'impolite' through email or telephone, I never ever book them!  If I get the slightest hint that a girl cannot truly deliver what I require, by something she has typed or said, then a meet doesn't take place with her.  Typed email or telephone conversation only needs to be short, but she needs to be able to put my mind at rest during this brief communication.

I see girls through the agencies, and independent girls.  I still come across some girls profiles on AW, that say they will not see anyone with no feedback, or with any negative feedback, or with less than a certain number of positive feedback or with positive feedback that is from too long ago etc..

If a new girl has zero feedback, I will see her, as long as she has an impressive profile, and she can convince me that she is the girl for me.  I've said before, I see feedback as a guide only, and nothing more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sometimes the girl you speak to on the phone isn't the girl you end up seeing. Many EE girls will have an English speaking maid/pimpette and may not speak a word of the lingo.

I have had to use sign language with some EE girls pointing to various body parts and making the actions until she gets what I mean. There are also some WGs who could simply be in a bad mood, it happens. Just move on to the next one and hope she is in a better frame of mind and can talk about then provide the service you want.

I'd gone through the whole positive feedback thing on AW and tried to use the booking system to allow feedback to be given but nowadays I cannot be bothered. I get the impression from some profiles that the WGs are really up themselves with a very short list of likes and a massive FAQ listing a hundred and one things you will not be allowed to do. Might as well get married if you want that level of scrutiny! It's either that or they may only be doing this part time and can afford to be choosy, it isn't unheard of for the more particular WGs to be asking £300 + per hour. I want a shag, not a second mortgage.

I've been really impressed by the quality of some independent websites, things have moved on a long way from a mobile phone number in the local newsagent window! Rubbish websites could have been done by the girls using free software, may not be an accurate reflection on the services provided but I can see where the OP is coming from as there is so much variety out there why bother with a crappy website?

I won't hijack this thread but will post another on my pet peeves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, pabulum said:

When I started out about 14 years ago it was reasonably common for escorts invited for outcalls to ask for 'references', but it was a smaller world (when a fair number of those with web sites used the Boards and could IM other women), and there was no AW.

It is still quite common in Ireland to ask for references.. And absolutely mandatory in the States I believe.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, The Happy Punter said:

Can you provide references of other WG's who have seen you:  This one threw me - the idea of emailing a lady I have seen and saying, 'Id like to see this lady but she wants to know if I am OK and can you ping her over a reference' would not only be embarrassing; I'm not sure I'd want to impose like that - respectful email, respectful phone call, following protocols diligently, yes, of course, but providing references, FFS!  Its not a job interview.

Websites with copy that is impossible to read because its in italics or the colours and backdrop aren't right:  I don't even to bother to read these and think what on earth is the lady thinking - I have seen a few of these recently and think it is a classic case of style over practicality - how I delight and rejoice in a well constructed, easy to navigate and most importantly easy to read website.

The first highlighted point could be very off putting if the girl asks you in an interview style fashion, yet if put in a humorous, friendly way and not 'pushing it hard' could be OK: after all guys want all the info they could get on a girl and sometimes even prefer to listen to negative, assuming 'chatter' rather than trust reviews or the 'feel' they get on the phone with her.

I entirely agree with the second point and I remember seeing a site some time ago written in the manner you described: some words were in strong pink or blue, I gave up within seconds of reading them due to upsetting my eyes.  When you read lots of info on a daily basis, it makes perfect sense to read through paragraphs taking only the most important points, the way you would take from just another newspaper for example: tomorrow will be history and hardly memorable - why complicate it with 'funny' writing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

... that's interesting about references in Ireland and the States - I only come across it rarely in the UK - if a lady wants references is it only fair to refer to this on her website as part of her screening process - or is this something that is discovered through the process of setting up a meeting.

I have seen some ladies wanting utility bills as prove of address even for in-calls!!

Thankfully my experience of setting meetings up has been pretty straightforward - I get and understand safety, discretion etc for both parties - but to much and that old magic and mystery soon dissipates - and it feels more like a mortgage application or job application which isn't very sexy at all!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be honest, if the law does change in this country and clients are criminalised I would certainly consider references or additional security such as requiring personal details for new clients, for now I wouldn't, but I think if women choose to work in this way it's because they are particularly concerned about their safety or have had something horrible happen to them so I wouldn't critisise anyone who does. If a client isn't going to do anything wrong then he shouldn't mind- of course it means the client in question should also research the woman thoroughly to ensure she isn't dodgy in any way before dishing out their personal info. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

....I am really happy to jump through most hoops and loops a lady wants but handing over personal information (utility bill) would be a step to far for me and I just know I wouldn't go there.

... every lady has their own screening etc they are comfortable with I guess -  I have found most are happy with respectful email, and equally respectful phone call and of course following through on instructions on the day etc....equally many are simply happy with phone call and texting....some are just more rigorous than others - and I genuinely respect that.

if the lady who wanted references had said so on her website as I probably wouldn't have put her to the trouble of responding to my enquiry but I get were all different and I respect that - thankfully we are spoilt for choice so I just moved on.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One Lady I had considered booking recently has this on her AW site.

 

I screen for all outcalls, please be willing to provide one of the following:
- The details of another provider you’ve seen within the last six months that I can contact for a reference (or recent AdultWork feedback from an active account)
- Booking reference, full name and room number for hotel visits OR a scan or photograph of an official letter with both your name and address on it and a landline number for either your home or work for a residential visit
- A clear scan or photograph of a photo ID

I believe she is a genuine Lady, and I can understand any Lady protecting herself, however, that would cut both ways, not sure I would like

to be sending these details,out. How can you be sure somebody else does not have access to her phone or PC, and misuse the details, without

the lady even knowing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For outcalls that is fairly standard, I wouldn't go to a strangers address a) not knowing who is there or b ) risk showing up at an address where the owner (or I) had been set up for a practical joke.

Personally for hotel outcalls all I do is get a name and call them in their room so I know they are actually there, but as I said before everyone has their own methods of security and safety. I just wish clients would understand we're not doing it for kicks but to ensure we've not being set up or attacked! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, MinxyLydia said:

For outcalls that is fairly standard, I wouldn't go to a strangers address a) not knowing who is there or b ) risk showing up at an address where the owner (or I) had been set up for a practical joke.

Personally for hotel outcalls all I do is get a name and call them in their room so I know they are actually there, but as I said before everyone has their own methods of security and safety. I just wish clients would understand we're not doing it for kicks but to ensure we've not being set up or attacked! 

the hotels I have been in recently havent had phones in the room. that will be travelodge and premier inn. I think mobiles have killed off hotel phones havent they. and 3g/tethering will kill off hotel wifi, especially the ones who want £5 a night for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MinxyLydia said:

To be honest, if the law does change in this country and clients are criminalised I would certainly consider references or additional security such as requiring personal details for new clients, for now I wouldn't, but I think if women choose to work in this way it's because they are particularly concerned about their safety or have had something horrible happen to them so I wouldn't critisise anyone who does. If a client isn't going to do anything wrong then he shouldn't mind- of course it means the client in question should also research the woman thoroughly to ensure she isn't dodgy in any way before dishing out their personal info. 

 

In the USA both clients and providers are criminalised and both clients and providers need references because police sting operations are so common. The most effective way of streamlining the provision of references is via vetting services like Peferred411 and DateCheck. If we ever adopt the Nordic model over here it would (technically) only involve the criminalisation of clients. In theory this would mean that clients would need to worry more about being reassured about their provider than vice-versa. Having said that, if the Nordic model were introduced it would, as has been said many times before, almost certainly have two significant effects:

  • The client base would contain a higher proportion than now of people who couldn't give a toss about breaking the law and almost certainly therefore a higher proportion of undesirable types that a provider would wish to screen out
  • Screening out these undesirable types would become immeasurably more difficult because, faced with the thought that they could face prosecution if identified, almost no client is going to be prepared to be as open as they are now.

So when Nordic model protagonists cry crocodile tears about how lamentable is violence against "prostituted victims", remember that their model will make your chosen profession considerably more difficult and dangerous. Proof if it were needed that they are motivated by an ideology, be it "feminist" or religiously derived, not by a genuine concern for your welfare.   

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

 

A warni.ng that there are some verification scams about. Had contact with someone on Seeking Arrangement who wanted me to go through a verification process and gave me a link to a sight offering free verification check. Became suspicious when asked for credit card details for verification purposes. Googled the site and found that hidden in the small print were clauses entitling them to debit the credit card despite saying it was free

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Coventrypunter said:

the hotels I have been in recently havent had phones in the room. that will be travelodge and premier inn. I think mobiles have killed off hotel phones havent they. and 3g/tethering will kill off hotel wifi, especially the ones who want £5 a night for it.

I was in a Travel Lodge about five years ago. No phone. I had booked an outcall for about three hours after my arrival and had assured her I would text the room number as soon as I got there. I was still unpacking my suitcase when reception knocked on the door to tell me that a lady urgently needed to speak to me and would ring back in five minutes. I told them I was pretty sure who it was and would call her myself. I suppose they had a pretty clear idea of what was going on. (No access beyond reception without a room-card either, but she managed it somehow).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If a man is in a hotel without a phone I'll get him to send me a photo of his room and keycard with the bit of paper with his name on! 

5 hours ago, Carnival said:

In the USA both clients and providers are criminalised and both clients and providers need references because police sting operations are so common. The most effective way of streamlining the provision of references is via vetting services like Peferred411 and DateCheck. If we ever adopt the Nordic model over here it would (technically) only involve the criminalisation of clients. In theory this would mean that clients would need to worry more about being reassured about their provider than vice-versa. Having said that, if the Nordic model were introduced it would, as has been said many times before, almost certainly have two significant effects:

  • The client base would contain a higher proportion than now of people who couldn't give a toss about breaking the law and almost certainly therefore a higher proportion of undesirable types that a provider would wish to screen out
  • Screening out these undesirable types would become immeasurably more difficult because, faced with the thought that they could face prosecution if identified, almost no client is going to be prepared to be as open as they are now.

So when Nordic model protagonists cry crocodile tears about how lamentable is violence against "prostituted victims", remember that their model will make your chosen profession considerably more difficult and dangerous. Proof if it were needed that they are motivated by an ideology, be it "feminist" or religiously derived, not by a genuine concern for your welfare.   

Yes, I am aware of the issues with the Nordic model, 

In theory... I'm afraid I would still be more worried about my safety- the crimnalisation of clients would mean women less likely to go to the police when something happens to them- whilst it's clients that are criminalised no escort is going to want to alert the police where they are working from and criminals will know this. 

The whole thing is a worry, less so for myself- I'll be fine, I have enough regulars who trust me and a long record of being a decent honest escort as well as another source of income- but for women starting out and those less secure  than me it doesn't bear thinking about. 

I am however fairly positive that it won't happen here... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would love to see TYE, but I don't have any feedback. Boo hoo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys need to remember that you need to work out the difference between to the point and business like and rude and curt. The fact is that although you dont encounter the phone wankers and endless phone conversationalists, we do. If you sound overly friendly on the phone then that phone wanker will call back again and again making bookings or enquiring unless you manage to work out that he is wanking by the noises they sometimes cant help making before saying goodbye, why should I put on a lovely super duper friendly voice for this to happen. Im freindly but Im not going to go all flirty on the phone unless its someone who has visited me already so I know they are an actual client. Plus, some guys take super friendliness as a sign that they can chat on for ages and ages whilst you sit there with your phone pinging with missed calls. We dont need to be super overly friendly, we just need to be friendly, polite and get the booking made for you. If you love to natter on then we can do that during the booking.

 

Regarding the references, mmm, if you display your phone number its impossible to check peoples aw feedback but I do with the guys who contact me via aw if they sound a bit off in some way, if all their feedback is from members not active then I think its a bit odd tbh

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, tugg said:

A warni.ng that there are some verification scams about. Had contact with someone on Seeking Arrangement who wanted me to go through a verification process and gave me a link to a sight offering free verification check. Became suspicious when asked for credit card details for verification purposes. Googled the site and found that hidden in the small print were clauses entitling them to debit the credit card despite saying it was free

Wow, you were right to be suspicious.  I would avoid anyone asking for this.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chloe Kisses said:

You guys need to remember that you need to work out the difference between to the point and business like and rude and curt. The fact is that although you dont encounter the phone wankers and endless phone conversationalists, we do. If you sound overly friendly on the phone then that phone wanker will call back again and again making bookings or enquiring unless you manage to work out that he is wanking by the noises they sometimes cant help making before saying goodbye, why should I put on a lovely super duper friendly voice for this to happen. Im freindly but Im not going to go all flirty on the phone unless its someone who has visited me already so I know they are an actual client. Plus, some guys take super friendliness as a sign that they can chat on for ages and ages whilst you sit there with your phone pinging with missed calls. We dont need to be super overly friendly, we just need to be friendly, polite and get the booking made for you. If you love to natter on then we can do that during the booking.

 

Regarding the references, mmm, if you display your phone number its impossible to check peoples aw feedback but I do with the guys who contact me via aw if they sound a bit off in some way, if all their feedback is from members not active then I think its a bit odd tbh

I made this point recently about escorts with feed back from "member not active", and was told that there could be some legitimate reasons for this. I still smell a rat in these circumstances

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, stevenxxx said:

I would love to see TYE, but I don't have any feedback. Boo hoo.

Aw I'm sorry! Send me a little PM about yourself and what you'd like etc. 

On the whole I tend not to see members with no feedback because of previous bad experiences with new accounts that a stalker or a really horrible client made, still now I have issues with it and it's just easier for me as I'm less likely to come across some horrible guys I've met, but I have made exceptions for those who send polite and genuine emails and have had a fantastic time and given them great feedback which has then helped them to see other girls who have the same rule.

So I won't rule out someone if they are genuine and sound nice, so send me a message! :D xx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, erictheidol said:

I made this point recently about escorts with feed back from "member not active", and was told that there could be some legitimate reasons for this. I still smell a rat in these circumstances

Of course there could be a legitate reason with guys and girls BUT...ALL their feedback? It just seems iffy to me, either that or they are seeing iffy people who jump around deleting and creating new profiles. With guys it leads me to feel that they are seeing pimped girls who are getting bad feedback, do I want to see someone who sees a pimped girl, not really, Im sure lots of guys have wether they admit it to themselves or not or perhaps they just didnt realise but it just leads me to questions, how do they expect to be able to treat me for eg

Edited by Chloe Kisses

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Chloe Kisses said:

You guys need to remember that you need to work out the difference between to the point and business like and rude and curt. The fact is that although you dont encounter the phone wankers and endless phone conversationalists, we do. If you sound overly friendly on the phone then that phone wanker will call back again and again making bookings or enquiring unless you manage to work out that he is wanking by the noises they sometimes cant help making before saying goodbye, why should I put on a lovely super duper friendly voice for this to happen. Im freindly but Im not going to go all flirty on the phone unless its someone who has visited me already so I know they are an actual client. Plus, some guys take super friendliness as a sign that they can chat on for ages and ages whilst you sit there with your phone pinging with missed calls. We dont need to be super overly friendly, we just need to be friendly, polite and get the booking made for you. If you love to natter on then we can do that during the booking.

 

Regarding the references, mmm, if you display your phone number its impossible to check peoples aw feedback but I do with the guys who contact me via aw if they sound a bit off in some way, if all their feedback is from members not active then I think its a bit odd tbh

This. I have a very friendly high pitched voice and I tend to get guys calling wanting to chat about things not to do with the booking, and I was too polite to just put the phone down I ended up having to make an excuse. It seems to happen a lot. 

Thats one of the reasons I stopped displaying my number because certain clients were calling for a "chat" or it never ended up in a booking, I have a much better way of working now! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now