Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HungDong

almost gave myself away

14 posts in this topic

my other half read out some trip advisor management replies the other day - that were frickin hilarious! 

as we were laughing I started to tell her about a guy called "man meat" who did these reviews that also made me really laugh out loud.

i had to stop myself and really back track, making up some bullshit about it being a butchers shop and I cant remember the name of the forum (I am not sure she believed me - I am not a butcher and nor do I know any butchers....) - I swiftly changed the subject and think i got away with it - hoping she wont quiz me on "man meat" in the future.

any silly slips nearly given your secret punting life away??

If anyone wants a good laugh at the trip advisor thing PM me and I'll send the link

I once referred in passing to being in a hotel that had no reason to have been visited.

Fortunately, Lady Bonkers was so taken up by the question we were discussing that she didn't notice.

I find that I have to mask my increasing knowledge of (and curiosity with) all things Polish!

I was asking a foreign guy with limited English working in a Poundland about cooking torches, so I had to explain to him using words: blow, fire etc.  When he heard 'blow' his face opened in a huge smile: his twinkle in his eye told me he thought of something naughty.

29 minutes ago, Annabellexoxo said:

I was asking a foreign guy with limited English working in a Poundland about cooking torches, so I had to explain to him using words: blow, fire etc.  When he heard 'blow' his face opened in a huge smile: his twinkle in his eye told me he thought of something naughty.

Poundland  , Pounland    , Annabellexoxo       You surprise me  , from your previous postings you came over as a Harrods / Fortnum  type of lady  , are things so bad   ?

1 person likes this

no flies on you, worldpunter   :D

9 hours ago, HungDong said:

any silly slips nearly given your secret punting life away??

Too many to mention; how my bollocks are still attached to my body is a miracle.

Life is much less complicated now.

1 person likes this

not long ago I was chatting in a group with the wife and friends and they started talking about the Attercliffe Road in Sheffield (lined with parlours and where I have enjoyed many a happy punt), oh yes I said and started to talk about a landmark before the penny dropped and I was able to cover my tracks and say it was years since I went there whilst doing a  project, and "it must be very different now".  Luckily this passed off as the conversation then turned to all the wicked prostitution and the site of a notorious swingers club!  I tried to look shocked and bemused.  The wife didn't suspect a thing, and when one of the group started talking about how he didn't know anyone who used prostitutes, so why were there so many working girls? I managed to look unembarrassed and tut-tut with the rest of them.  I wonder how many other hypocrites were in that conversation!

4 people like this

10 hours ago, Beast said:

not long ago I was chatting in a group with the wife and friends and they started talking about the Attercliffe Road in Sheffield (lined with parlours and where I have enjoyed many a happy punt), oh yes I said and started to talk about a landmark before the penny dropped and I was able to cover my tracks and say it was years since I went there whilst doing a  project, and "it must be very different now".  Luckily this passed off as the conversation then turned to all the wicked prostitution and the site of a notorious swingers club!  I tried to look shocked and bemused.  The wife didn't suspect a thing, and when one of the group started talking about how he didn't know anyone who used prostitutes, so why were there so many working girls? I managed to look unembarrassed and tut-tut with the rest of them.  I wonder how many other hypocrites were in that conversation!

That is hilarious, I myself have to do this with family sometimes x

On 16/05/2016 at 10:11 AM, worldpunter said:

Poundland  , Pounland    , Annabellexoxo       You surprise me  , from your previous postings you came over as a Harrods / Fortnum  type of lady  , are things so bad   ?

Ha ha ha, shopping anywhere really: I ain't rich, I simply shop anywhere for quality.  Why pay £2.50 for a bottle of Mountain Dew at Lord's cricket ground when you can get 2 bottles for £1 at Poundland?

Lucky you if you can afford and only want to buy the most expensive stuff to impress the people in the shop.  :P  Personally, there are very few things I care and impressing others ain't one.

On ‎16‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 11:07 AM, MatureUschi said:

no flies on you, worldpunter   :D

Is he zipless then?

On 5/16/2016 at 2:20 PM, Beast said:

The funniest part is how many of the ladies, and maybe a man in the group, might have been working as sex workers themselves, and tutting louder than you!

Over the years and before I started punting the following has happened.

I used to have lunch with  female colleague every day. One incudent stuck in my mind, when she said her ideal job was to be a madam in a brothel.

Number 2 a staff member told me of a research project she had undertaken with Italian prostitutes, and how positive the women had been

Number 3, a Guyanese post grad I was studying with told me, how she and her friend donned skimpy shorts to go to the docks and interview the sex workers, and how exciting she found this.

I always wondered whether they were trying to tell me something.

Incidentally, I did hire a financial adminisrrator who told me she had worked in the cloakroom at a S and M club. She had been advised to say something at interview which would make her stick out. It worked. She was great at her job, i gave her serial promotions before she left. We're firm friends now, but Ive never asked whether it was a true story

1 person likes this

I left an AW f/b window on my pc a while back - it wasnt discovered but could have been.