Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Claire

Paying upfront - is this a problem for you?

106 posts in this topic

I notice from the 'I forgot to pay etc' thread that many of you would prefer NOT to pay upfront, and are disgruntled that we girls (or old women, delete as appropriate Jim) prefer it that way.

May I respectfully ask why it bothers you?

I am not inviting an argument on the subject, merely wondering why it had become a sticking point...

Well it doesn't bother me, but what I do find a trifle strange is that some punters consider that not paying up front is something of an achievement or even an aspiration, I go to get my knob polished and how the payment is made is of little or no interest to me.

I always pay immediately to get it out of the way. Then I can forget about and so can the girl.

It doesn't really bother me, in fact I prefer to pay up front. In my experience most of the "fibs" (e.g. outright switch and bait, quoting massively misleading age, claiming "luxury apartment", etc) are one that you can see through as soon as you walk in. If... you consider them unacceptable... then walk away immediately. Once I stay, and start "proceedings" I feel I'm committed to paying anyway. So I get that over with.

Furthermore, I don't see paying up front as all that unusual in this country. When I buy beer, expensive electrical goods, furniture, etc... I pay in advance.

I suppose the real problem is that paying in advance leaves little recourse in case for poor service in this instance... where as in case of most other goods its easier to get refunds... the legal and retail standards in most other industries see to that. In punting I feel you just have to write it off to "experience", and obviously that can be irritating.

No, I have no problem at all paying up front. It seems to be standard procedure everywhere I go.

I will say however that I've had a few experiences where the lady didn't ask for it up front, and on two occasions two different ladies said "just put it on the dressing table", and then she didn't count it there and then. The reason I remember these instances is because it made me feel especially "trusted", and TBH it somehow "enhanced" the GFE, and it made me feel more inclined to return to her.

I can understand however, that this would not make any sense for a WG to commonly work like this, which is why I wouldn't expect anyone to.

I notice from the 'I forgot to pay etc' thread that many of you would prefer NOT to pay upfront, and are disgruntled that we girls (or old women, delete as appropriate Jim) prefer it that way.

I am not inviting an argument on the subject, merely wondering why it had become a sticking point...

I prefer to pay upfront and get the money side out of the way. Some regular ladies have asked me not to worry about paying till the end though.

Well it doesn't bother me, but what I do find a trifle strange is that some punters consider that not paying up front is something of an achievement or even an aspiration, I go to get my knob polished and how the payment is made is of little or no interest to me.

I certainly prefer to get the money side out of the way as soon as possible, not only so I can concentrate on the two of us enjoying ourselves (yeah, fluffy I may be) but also as I can be a pretty forgetful guy - especially after my mind and whatever else has been blown by a beautiful woman! :):D

As for some guys thinking it's some kind of achievement not paying, call me old fashioned but I've never thought stealing from or conning an honest business woman was anything to be proud of. :confused:

morning claire,

first,I want to be clear---- I always pay upfront and always remember to do so, even without prompting from the WG. I am happy to do so because I know that the lady will be anxious about this issue and the sooner I get her [ indeed both of us ] to relax, the better everything will be. I do like to be given a few minutes to say hello before proving my bona fides on this issue -- it is a bit of a turn off to be asked for the cash before the lady has hardly taken off her coat !

Having said the above , I can understand why an even 100% honest punter might prefer to wait until the proceedings are over before parting with the fee. It makes it much more difficult for a lady who might be inclined to ' try it on ' by asking for more money for already advertised services [ it does happen !] and I suppose generally speaking in all types of services, it is just a good idea to pay for the service after you receive it rather than before. It usually helps to ensure you get the best service the provider can give.

I prefer things like that dealt with at the start, I can relax better then.

As for some guys thinking it's some kind of achievement not paying, call me old fashioned but I've never thought stealing from or conning an honest business woman was anything to be proud of. :confused:

Just to make it absolutely clear, my point was not about not paying per se, but about not paying up front.

I suppose with other professional services or the service industry in general we are used to paying afterwards - like the plumber coming to mend a leak or taking your car in for a service or even going out to a restaurant.

If a restaurant said to me here's the menu and can we have £100 deposit before we start cooking I would probably walk, the inference being that I was either dishonest and would likely not pay or looked like I didn't have the means to pay.

Like Jackdaw say's it's probably the fact that we have little recourse if the service is poor or we have been blatantly ripped off.

I prefer to pay upfront and get the money side out of the way. Some regular ladies have asked me not to worry about paying till the end though.

Likewise! Have even called as cashpoint was broken and she said I can pay after. Which of course I did!

Just to make it absolutely clear, my point was not about not paying per se, but about not paying up front.

Sure, of course and I apologise if I've caused any confusion.

I hate it when they pay at the end particularly if they count the money out in front of you....... It makes me feel like a prostitute....lol

I prefer things like that dealt with at the start, I can relax better then.

Snap - getting the transactional bit out the way means something less for me to flap about.

I pay upfront because as far as I'm concerned its the norm, certainly is with agency (who quite often phone in after they have the money) and massage girls. I'd imagine any girl will be more relaxed after she has the money safely tucked away in the biscuit barrel, which cant be a bad thing. I dont think the comparison with plumbers or restuarants is a valid one, i think more along the lines of the cinema, would you expect to see the film first, then decide if you want to pay ?

& if its a girl you're seeing for the first time, its not a bad idea for her to count the money in front of you, then everyones clear. when there is confidence and trust, i just discreetly put the giant wad someone conspicious, and no one says anything, just quiet murmurrings.

We all pay upfront - and not necessarily grudgingly either - because that's what custom demands, but I don't see there's any particular reason why we should.

I can't think of any other retail service - apart from public transport - where we have to pay first, and from reading comments and reviews on PN, I don't see as how the vast majority of punters are any more likely to do a runner, than the average shopper in a department store or supermarket.

Personally, I think we'd see a great deal of improvements in service if punters paid at the end, though it would need a great leap of faith on the part of WGs to bring this about. And from reading the very many cynical and dismissive posts on here from many WGs about punters in general, I don't see this happening any time soon, sadly.

Not bothered either way, whatever she prefers.

having had a couple of clients over the years do a runner whilst they are supposed to be having a shower ect i always take the money up front.

one of these clients was someone who was a regular and i had seen for over six months on a weekly basis.so even regulars can not be trusted completely to pay lol.

once payment has been received both of you can relax and enjoy yourselves without the girl having in the back of her mind "IS HE GOING TO PAY".

Taking payment upfront is common sense in this business especially as we have little recourse if the guy can't pay or doesn't have the correct fee at the end of the session. By that time high value services have been rendered and with minimal client details (discretion and all that) follow-up is very difficult.

It is lovely when a guy has the fee ready in a card or envelope when we meet so we can relax and feel like a date annaxxxx

But a lot of businesses require upfront payment. You have to pay upfront for a ticket for any type of entertainment e.g. cinema, theatre, football game etc.

It is lovely when a guy has the fee ready in a card or envelope when we meet so we can relax and feel like a date annaxxxx

I have no problem with paying up front, but I would never pay in an envelope. I prefer to count out money, especially if I haven't met the girl before, after someone accused me of being £20 short once.

She was someone I had seen several times, but I haven't been back since.

Allow me to clarify.

I am not asking if it bothers you.

I am not asking if you pay upfront happily.

I am not asking if you expect payment upfront.

I am, specifically, asking those who DON'T want to pay upfront, why they feel this way.

I prefer to, and am used to paying up front. However, I once went with a girl who was used to being payed at the end but who I paid at the start. Then when the punt had finished she asked for the money forgetting momentarily that I'd paid her. Once I reminded her, we were ok but it had me worried for the moment. The point being, make sure you both know the payment has been made to avoid such misunderstandings. Perhaps also a good reason to pay at the end. But 99% of the time it's at the start for me.

Don't get this thing with giving money in an envelope. Best to count it out to ensure we both agree on the amount that should be paid has been paid.