JKay

The Sunday Soap Box.

81 posts in this topic

Sunday evenings only, Stand on the Soap box and have a rant and moan about anything that gets your goat.

Strictly no Religions or Politics of any flavour.

What the heck?  took a trip over to the local nature reserve for a walk around the lake, parked up and paid the £1 from the ticket machine, then I spot 3 uniformed parking wardens what the heck were 3 of them doing patrolling a carpark that at max takes 30 cars?

I was just thinking what a waste of tax payers money when this dog walker came over and asked what the hell was going on and why were they not patrolling the high street and booking the idiots who were using the disabled bays and being arses by parking on double yellows? the reply was that the drivers spot the wardens and move off, now is that not the whole point of having wardens to act as a deterrent?

Posted (edited)

Bad manners! I went shopping this afternoon at Merry Hill for holiday things and held the door of a store open for this lady, she just looked me up and down and walked right through!

I did it again when I was coming out of a shoe shop, this time a family of four, walk right through as I'm holding the door. "Thanks, sure no problem!" I shouted, they looked at me as if I've gone mad.

I know it's really minor but bad manners really grinds my gears, I'm so polite and when people aren't polite aswell it's really annoying! 

No more holding doors and smiling at strangers for me! :)

Edited by TightYoungEbony
5 people like this

1 hour ago, JKay said:

What the heck?  took a trip over to the local nature reserve for a walk around the lake, parked up and paid the £1 from the ticket machine, then I spot 3 uniformed parking wardens what the heck were 3 of them doing patrolling a carpark that at max takes 30 cars?

I was just thinking what a waste of tax payers money when this dog walker came over and asked what the hell was going on and why were they not patrolling the high street and booking the idiots who were using the disabled bays and being arses by parking on double yellows? the reply was that the drivers spot the wardens and move off, now is that not the whole point of having wardens to act as a deterrent?

wardens are on bonus for the number of tickets

4 hours ago, JKay said:

30 spaces, every space  illegally occupied £1900, salary costs for wardens  £270 max

Probability all 30, nil. Probability 5%  over 8 hours, higher.  Yield £130 

Conclusion, over staffing. This operation runs at a deficit. Abort. 

Jkay, write to your local councillor and complain

The Sunday Soap box is open!

Come and have a moan.

PC maintenance software that tells lies...........

I've been running  a package that not only tunes-up and maintains but also includes 3rd party virus and firewall and each years upgrade has served me well and l'm very happy with it. A little while ago after running a complete sweep out of interest I was looking at other products that do the same thing, I found one that had a free trial and away I went and let it run its free diagnoses of my PC that I had just tuned-up and to my amazement it came back saying it had a list of issues, one being it needed to be de-fraged and having just completed one I was a bit miffed to say the least, was this free trial trying to hoodwink ?

I get the feeling these free trials of what may be top-notch products but perhaps were running some sort of a reverse VW type scam?  Anyhow I receive an email offering me a free software download in lue  of compensation resulting from a court case in the USA where it was proved that the software I had been upgrading for the last 12 years had been engaging it false positive results when free trial offers were taken up, so I would guess that they are not the only product to be doing this.

It would have been a full refund but the courts could see the company was virtually bust and the only thing of value was some of their other software for free, but its not of any interest to me, now I'm getting pop-ups offering me another years upgrade for $11, desperate times l guess. 

1 person likes this

And while I'm here, why is it that the tab on the lid of a tub of Clover is on the wrong side?

11 minutes ago, JKay said:

And while I'm here, why is it that the tab on the lid of a tub of Clover is on the wrong side?

Apparently, it's OK to eat butter now?  - Problem solved.

So my little rant - are those experts that confidently told us a generation ago that animal fat was an unmitigated mass killer of mankind still drawing a salary - they shouldn't be!

1 person likes this

On 29/05/2016 at 7:57 PM, TightYoungEbony said:

Bad manners! I went shopping this afternoon at Merry Hill for holiday things and held the door of a store open for this lady, she just looked me up and down and walked right through!

I did it again when I was coming out of a shoe shop, this time a family of four, walk right through as I'm holding the door. "Thanks, sure no problem!" I shouted, they looked at me as if I've gone mad.

I know it's really minor but bad manners really grinds my gears, I'm so polite and when people aren't polite aswell it's really annoying! 

No more holding doors and smiling at strangers for me! :)

Don't let other people change your behaviour.

By all means shout at someone who is rude, but other peope you hold the door open to  will appreciate your gesture. 

People who can not control their dogs in the park.

Children being given the reins of a dog twice their size. 

Far too specific, sir! Try....

Dogs.

Children.

And my continuing rant is against phone/tablet users who walk the streets/shops staring at their screens.

The Sunday Soap Box returns next Sunday evening.

3mobile you do indeed suck...

I need to purchase another months pay as you go internet, it costs me £10 a month but I already have £5 credit in my account so I thought I would just top up another fiver so I could buy a months worth of credit, easy you would have thought? no is the answer, shops do not sell £5 vouchers, nor do "3" shops but the chap in the shop insists it can be done online but it can not, there is no option to top up a fiver online because before you enter your card details it wants you to enter the amount of internet you require then it wants to take a tenner, but then I've still got a fiver left in credit, now the smart ones amongst us would say just top up £15 and that will cover next month as well, but me being me and not wanting them to have my money sitting there doing nothing, well it gets my back up. 

M6 yesterday evening. Low cloud quite dark and pissing down with rain. So why do people drive in that with no lights, just side lights, or just the white led's at the front and nothing at the back. 

....and before someone moans that I have opened the Sunday Soapbox a bit early, well its either that or start the clear out of number 1 shed.

AW new member alerts. I was hoping for a gold, but just get  "the following new member became active on" ... followed by a message warning me of the authenticity of the  member.that has just become active

I guess there is a reason why I like the women  PN  forum members. 

The constant stream of football that will be on the box for the next few weeks. Why the f... this can't be relegated (pun intended) to some obscure internet channel, leaving the main channels free to broadcast something decent is beyond me.

2 people like this

And what pisses me off most of all is that the coverage of a 90 minute match lasts for three hours - sometimes more.

Why?

Because of the endless pontificating before, after and during the game by a bunch of has beens in a TV studio who are no doubt paid vast amounts of money for talking what, to me, is complete gibberish.

And on top of that, most of them are so thick that they have difficulty in stringing together a series of simple words into a coherent sentence. And if, by some miracle, they manage that, most of them speak with an accent that is so strong that you need to be trained linguist to understand the virtually unintelligible noises emanating from their mouths.

The Sunday Soap box returns at 5pm.

J15 of the M40 where it crosses the A46 near Warwick. New roundabout 3 years ago with 3 lanes approaching it. Worked fine. Now they have been out with paint pots and made it 2 lanes and now there are queues. Who are the fuckwits at the highways agency?

On ‎19‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 8:17 PM, Coventrypunter said:

Who are the fuckwits at the highways agency?

...was thinking just that while stuck in jams on M25/A21 then at M25/A12 on the same day.

Fucking laptop had to go back under its guarantee cos the boot config data is fucked. Why is this simple fault so impossible to fix?

On ‎26‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 6:18 PM, Coventrypunter said:

Fucking laptop had to go back under its guarantee cos the boot config data is fucked. Why is this simple fault so impossible to fix?

Happened to me a few years ago, I removed the hard drive and put it in a USB caddy using a spare PC I ran testdisk software and extracted all my accounts that I had not backed up, took bloody ages but recovered all I needed, then went out and bought new hard drive and did a fresh install.

Grrr...time for a new Sky box.

Messed up recording BSB at Snetterton.