Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vivluvsme

Right click saving

12 posts in this topic

I had a glitch of some sort with Windows 10 and managed to sort it out but seemed to end up with a slightly different version of 10.

I can do what I want now although one or two things are a bit less convenient but I can't right click to save an image on a site like AW (not that I would but if I had tried before I could).

Any simple way to overcome this and restore my previous functionality - I have looked up possible solutions but the technical level defeated me...

28 minutes ago, vivluvsme said:

I had a glitch of some sort with Windows 10 and managed to sort it out but seemed to end up with a slightly different version of 10.

I can do what I want now although one or two things are a bit less convenient but I can't right click to save an image on a site like AW (not that I would but if I had tried before I could).

Any simple way to overcome this and restore my previous functionality - I have looked up possible solutions but the technical level defeated me...

what happens when you right click?  do you get any sort of menu up?

Posted (edited)

Hi CP

No, when I tested it on AW the not allowed notice comes up again. Previously it came up the first time but the second time it was possible to save the image.

Edited by vivluvsme

AW saved images disappear when saved AWprofiles ,links get changed or deleted ??

33 minutes ago, vivluvsme said:

Hi CP

No, when I tested it on AW the not allowed notice comes up again. Previously it came up the first time but the second time it was possible to save the image.

could be  a browser setting. try installing Chrome

I am already on Chrome. Not sure what this means " AW saved images disappear when saved AWprofiles " - asking or telling me?

As  I say, second right click made AW pics fully saveable.

4 minutes ago, vivluvsme said:

I am already on Chrome. Not sure what this means " AW saved images disappear when saved AWprofiles " - asking or telling me?

didt realise you were on chrome

here is some advice.  You may have lost an extension when upgrading.

http://superuser.com/questions/279166/how-do-i-set-google-chrome-to-not-allow-javascript-to-hijack-my-right-click-menu

1 person likes this

Success! Thank you so much, CP.

I suspect you may have pointed me to that solution a couple of years ago.

Good man

15 hours ago, vivluvsme said:

I guess both  as it was my experience  with ( Mozilla Firefox ). Right click,drag and paste images on one of my email folders ,Saved .

But  when the  AW profile  gets deleted or changed , images in my folder either disappear or new ones  appear in place  ??

7 hours ago, jojosun said:

I guess both  as it was my experience  with ( Mozilla Firefox ). Right click,drag and paste images on one of my email folders ,Saved .

But  when the  AW profile  gets deleted or changed , images in my folder either disappear or new ones  appear in place  ??

It sounds like you are not actually saving the image but a link to it, so when you view your images then it follows the link and displays the latest version from the internet

I thought that too, Tomorrow.

Previously my 2nd and now my 1st right click gives me a menu with save image as one of them and that's the one I want.

Then the images never change whatever AW or anyone else may do.

Thank you guys for the advice .Will try it again