Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SlickWilly

Gaza on Racism Charges

43 posts in this topic

We all know Gazza ain't the brightest and has had some serious personal problems, but he is before the courts on June 17 on Racism charges over a 'joke' he made during a comedy routine!

It goes back to last November when he was performing his comedy show (who knew?) in Wolverhampton. He spotted a black security guard in an unlit corner of the stage and joked that he couldn't see whether or not the man in question was smiling or not.

For the record, it's not even certain if the security guard heard the remark.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/04/paul-gascoigne-to-face-racism-charges-over-comedy-show-gag/

Is this the libertard brigade becoming increasingly more insane or is it actually a racist comment or is there any such thing as an acceptable level of a skin colour/race joke or is a person doing a comedy routine be entitled to say whatever he/she likes?

Personally I have never been called a honkey, but it would not offend me. However been referred to as a Táig in Scotland or Northern Ireland by somebody from the other side certainly would, even without the Bastard bit! 

When I shared a house with 2 men, 9 years older than me and they used to affectionately refer to me as 'you Bald Cunt Ya', I never took it offensively! 

TBH I suspect it's the libertard brigade acting the bollocks as per usual! I cannot see how it was a racist comment, personally!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, SlickWilly said:

We all know Gazza ain't the brightest and has had some serious personal problems, but he is before the courts on June 17 on Racism charges over a 'joke' he made during a comedy routine!

It goes back to last November when he was performing his comedy show (who knew?) in Wolverhampton. He spotted a black security guard in an unlit corner of the stage and joked that he couldn't see whether or not the man in question was smiling or not.

For the record, it's not even certain if the security guard heard the remark.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/04/paul-gascoigne-to-face-racism-charges-over-comedy-show-gag/

I

Never mind, there'll always be someone willing to be offended on his behalf. Anyone remember that ridiculous business when Jo Brand shopped Carol Thatcher for some harmless remark made after a broadcast? Self.righteous BBC dropped CT immediately.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always think its a shame that the police (or other authority which receives such a "complaint") doesn't just tell the complainant exactly where they can shove it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

 

It is quite probable that gazza and (like john terry) possesses an old fashioned 70s style english working class attitude about these things - but if that is the offence - I think gazza doesnt need to lose any sleep over it.

but there may be more to it of course.

have read DT article now - stupid stupid stupid

Edited by lancelot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, but he's a "role model" and so must mind his mouth - that's the way it is now.

When I was growing up, my role models were my father and brother - we didn't have "celebrities" to worship and blindly idolise in those days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good god man...........If Guy Gibson was alive today, his dog would be seized and he would be in jail..........

 

This is why I love Donald Trump so much.   He is old fashioned common sense and hates the liberal PC brigade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gaz up North said:

Good god man...........If Guy Gibson was alive today, his dog would be seized and he would be in jail..........

 

This is why I love Donald Trump so much.   He is old fashioned common sense and hates the liberal PC brigade.

Do you remember that not so long ago the BBC used to distort the name "nigger" in the many showings. It used to come out as "nudder" as near as I remember.   Encouragingly they seem to have stopped doing this.

I'm surprised they didn't get complaints from the nudder community.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Re. last post.  That's the Dambusters film I'm referring to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Gaz up North said:

Good god man...........If Guy Gibson was alive today, his dog would be seized and he would be in jail..........

 

This is why I love Donald Trump so much.   He is old fashioned common sense and hates the liberal PC brigade.

yep - a man who would have alf garnett raising his pint glass when he's pissed up to his eyeballs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This feels like a topic that more properly belongs under Off Topic than Social Club.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder how may comments here are from white, straight men who don't know what it is like to be targeted, demeaned and abused regarding their skin colour, religion, sexuality or gender....

The change in what is acceptable in society has reduced cases of women being groped at work, gay men being beaten up and black people being discriminated against in jobs and so on- but of course white men want to sneer about it all being political correctness gone mad. FFS.

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, stevenxxx said:

I can't see why you can't have NIGGER. It for me was always a dark brown colour, or a person from Africa.

Now will I get flamed fro using the N word!

Why would you want to use a word that is degrading towards someone of colour? 

It's a disgusting word that racist people use to degrade and insult black people. Have no idea why anyone would want to use the word. 

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MinxyLydia said:

I wonder how may comments here are from white, straight men who don't know what it is like to be targeted, demeaned and abused regarding their skin colour, religion, sexuality or gender....

The change in what is acceptable in society has reduced cases of women being groped at work, gay men being beaten up and black people being discriminated against in jobs and so on- but of course white men want to sneer about it all being political correctness gone mad. FFS.

Another white man hater? It is getting a little tiresome that somehow being a liberal means you must hate white men and your own country, hate Israel and Zionists (I am getting the hang of it) .  

As for the change for the better, yes it has been. But political correctness has gone too far, as now if you are considered a minority or you are a migrant, you can grope women, you can be violent, gay men can get beaten up and people can get discriminated against and there is just that indecent silence from the very same people who proclaim to believe in all those rights (as you do above) which therefore is a complete and utter fail on those very same issues. 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TightYoungEbony said:

Why would you want to use a word that is degrading towards someone of colour? 

It's a disgusting word that racist people use to degrade and insult black people. Have no idea why anyone would want to use the word. 

I agree that it should not be used. Though it is often used amongst black people themselves. 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Pia said:

I agree that it should not be used. Though it is often used amongst black people themselves. 

I hate when other black people use it aswell to greet others. It's not a nice word and I don't think anyone should use it. X

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MinxyLydia said:

I wonder how may comments here are from white, straight men who don't know what it is like to be targeted, demeaned and abused regarding their skin colour, religion, sexuality or gender....

The change in what is acceptable in society has reduced cases of women being groped at work, gay men being beaten up and black people being discriminated against in jobs and so on- but of course white men want to sneer about it all being political correctness gone mad. FFS.

 

Yes - now WHITE men get discriminated against because the Police would prefer to fill up with "ethnic minorities" as it makes their PC's more PC (Politically correct).

Another Example of political correctness is the Lefty gimps who criticised Donald Trump calling Elizabeth Warren "Pocahontas".

Elizabeth Warren claims to have Native American heritage but hasn't been able to back it up and if you google her she looks no more Native American than me!

Trump is bloody awesome and I cant wait for him to get elected and start building his wall

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gaz, you know I misread the title of this thread at first and thought it said "Gaz on racism charges"?

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

This is ridiculous, had a west indian mate back in my teen years and if a group of us was together and one of us went to turn the  the light off you could literally only see him when he smiled his huge smile, its not racist, its just a fact, some people are very dark skinned. It was him who used to pull out the corker "yea dont forget im over here when you turn off the light" to which some one else would say "just smile" and he would crack up, so would we all (this was in reference to the cup of tea rounds). There were pink skinned jokes too, all colour skin jokes, we were a very mixed bunch, one group who were the same nationality used to take the piss out of each other who was ligher or darker. Fact is everyone in their private life has a mate(s) who is/are a different colour and racial banter goes both ways, goes ALL ways, regardless of what the racial mix is in the group.

Not one single fucker would have given a shit if this had been a shitty comment about a fat person or a ginger. People need to just get over some stuff

and yes I HAVE been the ginger at the front table in a comedy club!!

Edited by Chloe Kisses
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I was a kid my nick names were Chinky and Chin Chin. I hated and loathed it, especially as I am not Asian. My crime was being born East of Suez and having a birth certificate in Chinese. I have never liked the idea of nicknames or labels ever since

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lessingham said:

When I was a kid my nick names were Chinky and Chin Chin. I hated and loathed it, especially as I am not Asian. My crime was being born East of Suez and having a birth certificate in Chinese. I have never liked the idea of nicknames or labels ever since

Nicknames are a fact of life - always have been and always will be.

I never liked mine but I'm not going to bleat about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Pia said:

Another white man hater? It is getting a little tiresome that somehow being a liberal means you must hate white men and your own country, hate Israel and Zionists (I am getting the hang of it) .  

As for the change for the better, yes it has been. But political correctness has gone too far, as now if you are considered a minority or you are a migrant, you can grope women, you can be violent, gay men can get beaten up and people can get discriminated against and there is just that indecent silence from the very same people who proclaim to believe in all those rights (as you do above) which therefore is a complete and utter fail on those very same issues. 

That is not what I said, I don't hate white men as a whole, I just don't like racist whinging ones. I personally find your views tiresome too so we're all even! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, MinxyLydia said:

That is not what I said, I don't hate white men as a whole, I just don't like racist whinging ones. I personally find your views tiresome too so we're all even! 

When I said it is tiresome, I meant in general to be considered a liberal - it was not aimed at you in particular. 

And no attempt of being even with you, I don't work that way.. I actually find a lot of your posts very on the point and have liked your posts many times. I could probably have worded it better but it was your comment on the white males and it intrigues as well as I think it is silly. I was prompting you as I have seen many mentions of this hating of white males just lately, most recently from two MPs in Sweden (one of them the deputy prime minister from the Green Party and the other from the Social Democrats) who both had to resign, one because of corruption and the deputy prime minister because of letting radical islam into the party. But they certainly weren't holding back on their contempt for white males and it is puzzling me greatly.. 

As for racist whinging white males, you do know that racism happens from all races, not just from white males.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I grew up in a predominantly white area, and was subjected to a lot of racist remarks, none of them were friendly or made so I could be "one of the crowd". Try being called paki or wog every day, in a class with no other Asians to support you. 

the folk here who think it's okay to give someone else a derogatory "nickname", have not a clue what it is like to be referred to by skin colour or background. The only way you would experience it would to be in an all black or brown environment every day and being known (and called openly)" honky" ..... "Oi honky come here"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Navster said:

I grew up in a predominantly white area, and was subjected to a lot of racist remarks, none of them were friendly or made so I could be "one of the crowd". Try being called paki or wog every day, in a class with no other Asians to support you. 

the folk here who think it's okay to give someone else a derogatory "nickname", have not a clue what it is like to be referred to by skin colour or background. The only way you would experience it would to be in an all black or brown environment every day and being known (and called openly)" honky" ..... "Oi honky come here"

I suspect a lot of white guys like me would have no problem with that.

the reason blacks get offended when referred to by their skin colour is the whole history behind the name calling - slavery, perception of inferiority etc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Navster said:

I grew up in a predominantly white area, and was subjected to a lot of racist remarks, none of them were friendly or made so I could be "one of the crowd". Try being called paki or wog every day, in a class with no other Asians to support you. 

the folk here who think it's okay to give someone else a derogatory "nickname", have not a clue what it is like to be referred to by skin colour or background. The only way you would experience it would to be in an all black or brown environment every day and being known (and called openly)" honky" ..... "Oi honky come here"

It obviously was tough for you as I know you are a lovely person.. We had one Pakistani pupil in our class when I went to school in Denmark which was rare back then and we did find him very different to us, though we were never nasty to him.  I think people are much more open to different skin colours these days, though I still think mixing of cultures can be tricky especially if there are large differences between the cultures. In Denmark for example a friend of mine had to take her son out of school in a heavily migrant dominated area about a year ago because he kept on getting beaten up, he was in a class of 15 and only 4 were white so it is similar but the other way around. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0