Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MySecretLife

Swinging Cats - How Big Does a Bedroom Need to Be?

17 posts in this topic

I moved a couple of months ago to a flat in a more expensive part of town than I lived in before. It's very discrete, in a lovely location, building and area. The bathroom is much nicer but the bedroom is smaller than my last one. It's plenty big enough to have fun in though (I've already had a threesome to test this out!) and is clean and well presented. Probably not quite big enough to swing a cat in but I don't condone or participate in animal cruelty anyway. However, I have been told by several visitors that the bedroom is 'very small' a bit rude I think! I must admit to being somewhat offended - should I move some where bigger and charge more!? Or perhaps I am just being overly sensitive; what do you think?

Posted (edited)

I reckon you need at least 12 feet to swing a cat without risking hitting it's head, depending on where you hold the tail.  That's a double in estate agent speak so you should stay put.

Sorry just noticed you say "not big enough".

Edited by robert49

Posted (edited)

I reckon it's around 12 ft by 12ft but add in the wardrobe and you'd definately bang a cats head, although it would probably claw you to shreds before even trying to achieve that. I like cats though so wouldn't try it. It's plenty big enough to get naughty in, in my opinion; three was not a crowd, any more than that probably would be but I'm not a fan of orgies anyway and there's plenty enough room for a double bed!

Edited by MySecretLife
Clarity

If you think about typical UK Hotel bedrooms, the a typical double is 20 square meters in floor area.

A typical UK hotel suite is 40 to 42 square meters in floor area. A large suite would be 45 to 50 square meters in floor area.

So if you add up not just your bedroom,  but the lounge / reception & bathroom you will get a better idea of how your home compares with standard spaces.

I would think that the bedroom in most UK private homes are smaller than their hotel room equivalents.

Having said that I can remember a few hotel rooms that were tiny! You couldn't walk around the bed - you had to crawl across it!

My personal opinion is that a really small bathroom becomes awkward (when it is shared) long before a small bedroom or a small lounge.

A difficult one to answer, Charlotte. I guess it depends on the size of the bed and what you expect to do both on and, more importantly, off it. In my experience by and large WG’s flats have pretty small bedrooms, sometimes with access to two sides of the bed only, but I would have thought that 12 x 12 was plenty big enough – positively palatial given your location. Anyway, since you don’t really offer dominant or submissive services I wouldn’t have thought that swinging a cat was awfully relevant!........  I’d stick with it.

I saw a lovely lady some years ago who had an elegant basement flat near you in Clanricarde Gardens as I recall. Now it WAS small. In fact the bed was on a raised plinth in one corner, and if you sat up too far you hit your head on the ceiling. But it sufficed.

1 person likes this

The cat in this saying is not a moggie: it is a whip, as in cat-o'nine-tails...

Just ask them what exactly they wish to do in a bigger bedroom that they cant do in yours. End of the day if the guy is there for a gfe then all he needs is 6 x 6ft ie the bed, doesnt matter if you walk through the door and fall right onto the bed so long as its big enough to roll around on and have fun. Yes it is rude.

I had a pretty empty big bedroom in  my last place, I had the bed and side tables and mirror with big cushions on the floor in front of it incase they fancied a bit of fun off the bed and a few other bits but no wardrobe, dressing table etc and a couple of people walked in and commented that the room was a bit empty in a bit of a rude way, I just asked them what they wanted in their that I didnt have, they didnt have a reply to that. Thankyou, exactly

8 hours ago, Zeugma said:

The cat in this saying is not a moggie: it is a whip, as in cat-o'nine-tails...

More relevant to the intended use then, but I still think the moggie is a funnier image.  I do like cats having lived with many and they were all treated with kindness that was not always reciprocated.  That's cats for you.

On 07/06/2016 at 10:07 PM, MySecretLife said:

However, I have been told by several visitors that the bedroom is 'very small' a bit rude I think! I must admit to being somewhat offended - should I move some where bigger and charge more!? Or perhaps I am just being overly sensitive; what do you think?

They are rude and you are beautiful but on this occassion oversensitive. A clean and tidy room and an intelligent, sexy women skilled at her  job and I am happy.. 

Size of room and of woman is immaterial. So long as both meet the above criteria.

Although a book.case in the room and some books is a bonus

1 person likes this

5 minutes ago, enquire said:

They are rude and you are beautiful but on this occassion oversensitive. A clean and tidy room and an intelligent, sexy women skilled at her  job and I am happy.. 

Size of room and of woman is immaterial. So long as both meet the above criteria.

How long are your bookings?  :)

Your visitors are your customers, not the members on here - listen to them.

If they found your premises so cramped that they felt the need to comment on it, then it is clearly a rather serious issue. 

Having said that, I would be surprised if floor area is a deal-breaker to anyone if your service is good.

1 person likes this

10 hours ago, enquire said:

Being honest is not being rude.  However there are plenty of truly rude people out there who make their mission in life to be as 'bad' as possible, purely because that is their nature.......  This also reminds me, some years ago I was staying in a Paris hotel who looked amazing purely because of the way they decorated it: only later we realised it was very small as me and my male 'friend' could not shagg in the space between the bed and wall due to being so small.  The bathroom was also very small and the shower started overflowing........ delight!!!!

1 person likes this

Big is better but had a whole lot of fun on confined spaces...

Some parlour used to provide something hardly larger than a mirrored cupboard, but it never stopped me from enjoying myself - get some mirrors they would make it seem bigger, and add to the frisson!

12 foot by 12 foot sounds plenty big enough. For me the real problem with small rooms is if they are not well ventilated in which case they may get far too hot particularly at this time of year. That may impact on if I would return or not.

Thank you everyone so much for your comments, much appreciated and apologies for disappearing for 24 hours!

The bathrooms one of the biggest I've ever had and certainly one of the things that attracted me to the flat. There's enough room to walk around the bed and the ceiling is high enough for people to jump up and down on the bed (although I'd rather they didn't!).

Ha! I never knew that saying referred to a whip! I've always thought it was a bit odd but so many sayings are. I reckon I could just about whip some one if I was so inclined but as it has already been pointed out I'm not!!

I've spent a lot of time in various roles (as well as this) where good customer service is incredably important and it is very much to me - I want people to go away happy so your feedback on this aspect has been very useful - thank you.

Mirrors are a good idea and I am contemplating how best to decorate the room to make the most of the space. I agree that small rooms can get very hot, I've got a small air cooler at the moment but I am investigating air con. There's always so much to do when you move somewhere new!

22 hours ago, enquire said:

Aw I'm blushing thank you for the compliment and feedback X

1 person likes this