lancelot

Euro 2016

121 posts in this topic

Christ what a depressing result.

I was following the england russia game on the guardian - typical england performance against a poor side.

I cant help feeling all would be better with england if rooney would break his leg on the trip downstairs to breakfast this morning.

33 minutes ago, lancelot said:

Christ what a depressing result.

I was following the england russia game on the guardian - typical england performance against a poor side.

I cant help feeling all would be better with england if rooney would break his leg on the trip downstairs to breakfast this morning.

Not half as depressing as the riots.

2 people like this

The russian fans are out to take revenge for all their grievances

I dont think there will be any trouble from english fans now russia are out of the way but I do see russian fans getting into more strife in the next two games unless they win.

If russia play germany in the next rounds there will be a bloodbath. (unlikely as I think russia will go out depsite last night)

but back to the game - same as beckham era - a team built to accomodate 1 player wipes out english hope for 3-4 tournaments.

Played well for the most part but not convinced as yet....the defence is shocking so why not play to the strengths of the team, Sturbridge should be starting and why the hell is Kane taking corners???

Rooney, let's not go there...never been a fan and personally think he's never been a great player yet will go down as a great....the mind boggles!!!

Anyway, plenty still to play for and three will be a few strange results on the way...

Hmm - football - am I am boverred? Not in the slightest.

2 people like this

1 hour ago, Bob the Builder said:

Hmm - football - am I am boverred? Not in the slightest.

I am bovvered brit plod need to be there rather than tackling crime in the uk. I am sure frog plod can deal with it.

25 minutes ago, Coventrypunter said:

I am bovvered brit plod need to be there rather than tackling crime in the uk. I am sure frog plod can deal with it.

Eh?

1 person likes this

14 minutes ago, vivluvsme said:

Eh?

Pics on tv news last night of brit plod in france. Its not as if they are short of stuff to do in the UK.

1 person likes this

How many Spetsnaz has Putin sent to lend a helping hand.......

If england had done their job and held that goal lead against probably the worst team in tournament - there probably would not have been the trouble there was.

what's wrong with them - time wasting used to be an art with some british clubs - liverpool in the 80s for example - could spend 5 minutes taking a corner and keeping possesion next to the corner flag.

we really need to exit this tournament - get rid of the manager and rooney with him and look forward to the next wc. my fear is if  we reach the quarter finals the FA will see that as justification to keep the current set up

1 person likes this

26 minutes ago, lancelot said:

If england had done their job and held that goal lead against probably the worst team in tournament - there probably would not have been the trouble there was.

what's wrong with them - time wasting used to be an art with some british clubs - liverpool in the 80s for example - could spend 5 minutes taking a corner and keeping possesion next to the corner flag.

we really need to exit this tournament - get rid of the manager and rooney with him and look forward to the next wc. my fear is if  we reach the quarter finals the FA will see that as justification to keep the current set up

Are you in some way justifying violence because a football team were crap?

I say Brexit now. Oops sorry wrong thread!

2 people like this

Football needs to win back its game and its soul. Why are the fans such monumental tossers? Forget about those over rated over paid wankers.that play for the England team The real action this weekend was in Brisbane & Cape Town. Two wonderful victories for England & Ireland (Irish victory quite remarkable given they were down to 14 men after a red card, and 13 at one point)!!

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, lancelot said:

I agree we need to get rid of Rooney.   He's not Pele or Maradona......

Stand out teams for me are Wales,Croatia and Germany. 

12 hours ago, Coventrypunter said:

Are you in some way justifying violence because a football team were crap?

I think the goal at the end triggered the russians to attack - they saw their "comrades in arms" on the field strike back against an old enemy and this emboldened them - in the same way a sole heroic act on a battlefield can spur on an army. had we beat them like the crap side they are - the russian fans may have gone out of the stadium with a whimper.

but it is england's speciality to let shit sides off the hook

6 hours ago, Navster said:

Stand out teams for me are Wales,Croatia and Germany. 

wales did well but I will be disappointed if england dont win that one - a draw with wales would be even more depressing than drawing russia

4 hours ago, lancelot said:

wales did well but I will be disappointed if england dont win that one - a draw with wales would be even more depressing than drawing russia

I presume your wife is neutral for the next few weeks.

The only really depressing result would be Germany winning the cup.

6 hours ago, met012 said:

I presume your wife is neutral for the next few weeks.

I think she was glad it was a draw

Posted (edited)

Well it looks like the violence is totally out of control. I think the next England game could be the last this tournament.

Edited by met012
1 person likes this

Hopefully the Russian yobs will see their team sent home very soon, followed by the debate about safety in 2018 in a country where parliament openly approved of the violence!

1 person likes this

53 minutes ago, raylondoner said:

Hopefully the Russian yobs will see their team sent home very soon, followed by the debate about safety in 2018 in a country where parliament openly approved of the violence!

I think a darker force is at work here.

I wonder if Putin is behind this "elite group" of 150 hard-core "Ultra's"?

Could this be his F**k You to France over the 2 Helicopter carrier ships he got screwed out of???

(I know its English fans being attacked but its the FRENCH authorities having to sort it out and FRENCH property getting trashed)

I agree that Russia really should NOT get the 2018 World Cup.

50 minutes ago, Gaz up North said:

I think a darker force is at work here.

I wonder if Putin is behind this "elite group" of 150 hard-core "Ultra's"?

Could this be his F**k You to France over the 2 Helicopter carrier ships he got screwed out of???

(I know its English fans being attacked but its the FRENCH authorities having to sort it out and FRENCH property getting trashed)

I agree that Russia really should NOT get the 2018 World Cup.

I think its Putin's attempt to de-stabilise the EU by encouraging us to vote leave. After all the French police even with guns are hopeless at keeping law and order. Even with the Russian team sent home they didn't come for the football but to fight.

1 person likes this

Putin sends "special forces" to attack English fans.  English fans react as they don't like being attacked.  England team get disqualified.  In a surge of anti European anger the UK votes to leave the EU.  Putin very happy.

I'm a bit paranoid at the moment.