Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SlickWilly

New PM and New Cabinet Good/Bad?

4 posts in this topic

With Theresa May as PM and Amber Rudd as home secretary, how do you see this impacting on our work/hobby?

Theresa May has been a very safe pair of hands on this issue during her tenure as home secretary and it is difficult to see this changing, AFAIK, a lot of sex workers have said that she is very symapathetic to their views and that's what I would expect from a good Anglican!

However Amber Rudd was a member of the All-Party Parliamentary Group on Prostitution and the Global Sex Trade (2014) which recommended the introduction of the Nordic model in the UK.

https://appgprostitution.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/shifting-the-burden1.pdf

I wonder whether any of the members of the more recent Home Office Committee inquiry into prostitution, which was much more evidence based and enlightened, have been appointed to any ministerial posts.

Who make up the cabinet is irrelevant as long as no fool tries to push through a private members' bill. Also the House of Lords are currently a pain as well.

1 person likes this

Luckily I think the UK has far too many problems higher up the list than us and long may that continue for the genuine ones of us.

Hopefully there is going to be a big push on the Illegal traffiking side though.  That would be good to clear out the monsters and help the vulnerable.