pabulum

Web Push

6 posts in this topic

For the last week or so I've been getting a box appearing top left of every new page/topic asking if I want notifications. Try as I might I cannot get Firefox to hold a 'do not' disturb', nor can I  permanently disable this thing called 'Web Push'.OK, it goes again when I click anywhere on the page but it's infuriating, as it often blocks half the first new post in a topic.

Can anyone suggest ways of killing Web Push in Firefox?

And if PN as a site allows Web Push, would you consider not doing so? Pretty please.

you can turn off PN notifications in your account settings

1 person likes this

Ta. I shall do that. Again.

Nope, that doesn't do it. The only notification I have got as approved is new content....and I can't get rid of that one without selecting a 'receive email' option.

I think that this may be the result of a Firefox update, and I can't find a global setting in Firefox to disable Web Push.

I don't know or seen anything about web push, what does it do? apart from annoy.

Here's where I first saw it referred to... https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/push-notifications-firefox

I've now sorted the pop-ups, by going into the Firefox 'about' control area (which warns 'Here Be Dragons') and turning a setting for web notifications to 'false' . Gawd knows what else this will kill as well.