Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MySecretLife

Air Conditioning

9 posts in this topic

Can anyone recommend a good portable air conditioning unit? I've read about so many different models and suppliers I am now totally confused!! I want to get this sorted asap as this week's set to be a hot one!

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Amcor are meant to be good, but first decide whether you want one with a hose to the window, or a self-contained one. Some adverts make machines look as though the hose isn't necessary. I guess that you'll be looking at £200 to £400 for a good one.

1 person likes this

Thank you. A good brand is a very helpful start :) I think it's money worth spending over heating really isn't sexy or fun!!

I hope that you found something suitable before yesterday  :)

Posted (edited)

Ha! Thanks :) Well I ordered it to arrive yesterday... of course it actually turned up today!! :rolleyes: After much swearing and a trip to the local DIY store for extra parts (securing the hose out of the window wasn't as easy as it sounds!) I've managed to install it ... my bedroom was still pretty hot and it seems to be doing a good job of cooling things down :) I'm sure it will come in handy - thanks again for the advice x

Edited by MySecretLife
More detail

If your areas okay and you have the light coming into the bedroom. You could hang a white sheet out of the window which will absorb the heat that would hit the glass while letting in a draft.

Ah good idea, it's a nice area and I am high up - I now have aircon though and have to keep the windows closed in order for it to work properly ... I think ... but I could do that overnight so the early morning sun doesn't wake me :) Thank you!

Closing the curtains while the sun is on that side of the bui lding helps.