Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Carnival

Most migrant sex workers in Australia are happy with their jobs and 'don't want to be rescued'

3 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

The majority of migrant sex workers in Australia are satisfied with work conditions and intend to stay long term.

The research conducted by the Australian Institute of Criminology and the Scarlet Alliance is the largest study of its kind with 594 sex workers surveyed from Thailand, South Korea, China and New Zealand.

Of those studied, 63% were over 30 years old, more than half had tertiary-level qualifications, 20% were married and a substantial number of respondents reported having children under the age of 15 years.

The research was presented at the AIDS 2016 conference in South Africa.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3702740/

Edited by Carnival

Shhhh!  Please don't tell anyone that we lassies acutally don't mind having sex on our own terms for profit, and that we'd much prefer having sex (to which we consent) to doing some other job that casuses us actual physical harm.  Like the years I spent working as a waitress in a pub before the smoking ban came in, and came down with a lung infection that landed me in hospital.  Or the time (in the same job) when the chef on the premises tried to rape me in the kitchen after hours, and I couldn't do anything about it as it was my word against his.

Actually... fuck it.  Scream it from the fucking rafters mate.  And good on you.  :)  xx

3 people like this