JKay

The new Fiver....

15 posts in this topic

Looks ok in the press but got my first one yesterday and it looked like it was made by some school project, the picture of the queen and Winston are fine but the other graphics make the note look out of shape, I thought that it had been cropped wrong.

15 minutes ago, JKay said:

Looks ok in the press but got my first one yesterday and it looked like it was made by some school project, the picture of the queen and Winston are fine but the other graphics make the note look out of shape, I thought that it had been cropped wrong.

Are you sure its a real one?

1 person likes this

On ‎29‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 2:38 PM, Bob the Builder said:

Are you sure its a real one?

Had over a dozen now they all look very badly designed

Winston was a good choice.

A True symbol of British-ness.

I really like the see through bit! And that when I accidently put it through the washing machine it was absolutely fine! :)

I still say "oh a new one" every time I'm handed one. Can't help it.  They are funny little things aren't they. Saw a picture of one that had apparently gone through a tumble dryer and shrink to a tiny shrivelled hard little fiver the size of a key fob. I guess that at least if you had a fire you could just take a bucket of the shrivelled little plastic fiver lumps  into the bank and ask them to replace them please lol

When I got my first ones out of a machine when they first appeared, a woman was walking behind me. I turned and said have you seen these and she said with no enthusiasm 'Oh I've had them for years - I'm Australian. They scrunch up nastily in your pocket'.

I wonder if more people will find the ones with the serial number starting AK 47?  Going apparently for 50000 pounds on ebay.

One has just sold for 2000

Well they look a right mess a few weeks along don't they

careful with them. they stick together really well. make sure you are only giving one.

when will they get rid of 1p and 2p?  they have had their day, surely.

8 hours ago, Chloe Kisses said:

Well they look a right mess a few weeks along don't they

Just wiping the tears from my eyes - got a new fiver in my change having had to break into another £20 - that's the second time this autumn.:lol:

32 minutes ago, Beenaboutabit said:

Just wiping the tears from my eyes - got a new fiver in my change having had to break into another £20 - that's the second time this autumn.:lol:

one of those girls who charge £105/hr?

3 hours ago, Coventrypunter said:

one of those girls who charge £105/hr?

How perceptive!:D