Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Colonel Bonkers

"Liking"

8 posts in this topic

An odd glitch that I've never come across before. I'd just signed in, read an interesting post and "liked" it, and then a message appeared saying something to the effect (it was there so briefly I couldn't fully take it in) "You are not allowed to like this poster" (it was worded in such a way that I couldn't make out whether it was me who didn't have the right, or that it was him who couldn't be liked). But my "like" appeared quite normally. So I went to another message from the same poster and "liked" it, and this time the message didn't appear. I can't believe it was because I'd only just signed in as I really don't move that quickly.

Just happened again. The message is "You are not allowed to give reputation to this user". Never mind, Pia, the system just went ahead and "liked" you.

1 person likes this

8 minutes ago, Colonel Bonkers said:

Just happened again. The message is "You are not allowed to give reputation to this user". Never mind, Pia, the system just went ahead and "liked" you.

Peculiar :D 

38 minutes ago, Colonel Bonkers said:

Are you, perhaps unknowingly, clicking the "like" button  twice?

2 minutes ago, Bob the Builder said:

Are you, perhaps unknowingly, clicking the "like" button  twice?

Well, anything's possible, I suppose. I notice that once you've liked a post, the like button gets replaced by an unlike one,so theoretically it would be impossible to like it twice. Unless, perhaps, one 's finger taps twice in quick succession before the system has properly registered it, and it's a kind of "Whoa there" message.

1 minute ago, Colonel Bonkers said:

Well, anything's possible, I suppose. I notice that once you've liked a post, the like button gets replaced by an unlike one,so theoretically it would be impossible to like it twice. Unless, perhaps, one 's finger taps twice in quick succession before the system has properly registered it, and it's a kind of "Whoa there" message.

Yeah - that sums up what I was thinking - give it a try and see if you get the same result that I did a few seconds ago on your last post.

Edited by Bob the Builder

On 10/12/2016 at 8:19 PM, Colonel Bonkers said:

Can't you tell Pia in person that you like her ??

5 hours ago, jojosun said:

Can't you tell Pia in person that you like her ??

That costs.

Worth it, no doubt, but it costs.

1 person likes this