Chat anyone?

18 posts in this topic

Its quiet in here!

I'm in. :D

Would have been happy to chat but juet logged in

18 hours ago, helenoftelford said:

I'm in. :D

Wish I was, got room for a little 'un'? :rolleyes:

The I rarely find anyone in the chat room, I'm there on my own at the moment seeking advice on a very imminent punt!

It seems that chat really has died away which is great pity. Not sure why. It used to be very popular, a source of advice and a laugh...... Not sure what could be done if anything to reinvigorate it....

5 hours ago, stan said:

It seems that chat really has died away which is great pity. Not sure why. It used to be very popular, a source of advice and a laugh...... Not sure what could be done if anything to reinvigorate it....

I think it is because you can no longer see who is in the room.  Well I didn't actually use the chatroom much but if I did I liked to "look through the window" first. 

1 person likes this

21 hours ago, robert49 said:

I think it is because you can no longer see who is in the room.  Well I didn't actually use the chatroom much but if I did I liked to "look through the window" first. 

U can. but only when your browser is displaying the overview of the forums.

try this

http://www.punternet.com/forum/index.php

On 24/10/2016 at 6:38 PM, Coventrypunter said:

try this

Doesn't seem to work for me.  There were three people in chat earlier but no futher info.

2 hours ago, robert49 said:

Doesn't seem to work for me.  There were three people in chat earlier but no futher info.

Are you sure you are looking in the right place? You have to scroll right down to the foot of the page to see who is in the chat room.

I am beginning to think we will need to schedule times to enter the chatroom

I used it briefly this afternoon, there were just two others there at the time.

11 hours ago, Carnival said:

Are you sure you are looking in the right place? You have to scroll right down to the foot of the page to see who is in the chat room.

It's not that the names never appear.  Just once or twice since the forum was revamped about a year ago have I seen it displayed.  I am looking at the right page.

On 23/10/2016 at 3:33 PM, stan said:

True, I used to enjoy it.  Perhaps it was the newness of the concept when it was first available

58 minutes ago, Bert said:

True, I used to enjoy it.  Perhaps it was the newness of the concept when it was first available

Me too, but it was far too good a way to waste an excessive amount of time :o

On 24/10/2016 at 6:38 PM, Coventrypunter said:

try this

One thing I have recently discovered is that if you are logged in as a member and are in one of the forums, there are two links at the top of the page, both of which will take you to an overview of all the forums. The links are labeled respectively "Home" and "Public Boards". But to see who is chatting listed at the foot of the page, you have to click on "Home". Clicking on "Public Boards" will take you to the same overview of the Boards, but without the useful information about who is chatting (if anyone) at the foot of the page.

4 minutes ago, Carnival said:

One thing I have recently discovered is that if you are logged in as a member and are in one of the forums, there are two links at the top of the page, both of which will take you to an overview of all the forums. The links are labeled respectively "Home" and "Public Boards". But to see who is chatting listed at the foot of the page, you have to click on "Home". Clicking on "Public Boards" will take you to the same overview of the Boards, but without the useful information about who is chatting (if anyone) at the foot of the page.

the old forum had the chat link there all the time so you caoul always see if there were any chatters. no more. i suspect why chat had died.

8 hours ago, TheVicar said:

Me too, but it was far too good a way to waste an excessive amount of time :o

Yes we have far more internet based ways to waste just as much time - or more these days