handheldshark

Deaf punter(s)

12 posts in this topic

Have any WGs got regular deaf clients, and, if so, do they allow texts to communicate? I am having difficulty making appointments as I can't hear on phones, and email or IMS aren't always reliable on a mobile. Even when I suggest a safe to way to prove I am deaf and not just messing about, I get the brush-off. Is pretending to be deaf a 'thing' hearing punters do a lot?

Also, any deaf WGs out there?

I sympathize with you. I have the same difficulty. On two or three occasions I have in fact found wg's who have given me directions to reach their place by email or sms when I have explained my very impaired hearing in initial contact emails. I wish more wg's would be willing to help men like you and me in this way.

Unfortunately this is one I think some guys use a lot to get a girl to text. When I first started out I had a chap say he was deaf so couldn't phone and didn't have the internet to check out my website. He then went on to ask me for details so I sent a quick summary by text. It then went on and on, question after question things like why wouldn't I offer A?Could he persuade me etc?Why wouldn't I do it?

Others have said they can't phone because their GF/Wife is in the next room or they are in company/babysitting!Always lots of detailed questions so I usually say give me a call when it is convenient for you. Guess what?99% don't or say I'm being rude.

Back to you why not drop a quick email to the girls you would like to see ask the questions you need to etc in that first one, then make final arrangements by text?I'm sure most ladies will be fine with this as long as you are reasonable.

Ive got a couple of deaf clients one is young and just texts me the other uses email to contact me.. we get on ok and I don't have any probs with it..

I find the deaf guys who get the operator to ring via text phone genuine but have never had a genuine text off somebody claiming to be deaf.

I would be embarrassed to use Typetalk esp as 80% of the operators are women :(

I guess you could ring the 'deaf' guy straight back to see if he answers - most deaf people have a answering message saying 'deaf -please text'. Most hearing hoaxers would not take the time to set one up.

Before I sound too negative - I have had a few understanding WGs communicate by text - but some were just plain rude.

I think the rude ones just did not believe you were deaf.

It's a tough one, alright! My web site says deaf clients should make initial enquiries by email stating his situation. And even with the text communication, no genuine client really expects a lady to patiently type out a comprehensive list of her services, her description, her rates, her availability, it goes on and on, what guys will demand to be furnished by text. And not because they are hearing impaired. But becaue they have a free allowance of 3,000 texts to use within the calendar month. And using it for free saucy text chat is as good a way as any to use it up. Like other ladies have said, it soon becomes apparent that the bogus deaf punter is texting with one hand ...

Appreciate that your genuine efforts are competing with wanking losers. Meet the lady you wish to contact half way. Do reasonable homework, then your texts with her will get straight to the point, dealing with the information she hasn't already made available on her web site, and thus not wearing out her patience.

But make your contact via email first and if you really want to see the lady of your choice, I'm sure you'll figure out a way to get access to her web site or email.

xxx

Pru

I find the deaf guys who get the operator to ring via text phone genuine but have never had a genuine text off somebody claiming to be deaf.

Before I sound too negative - I have had a few understanding WGs communicate by text - but some were just plain rude.

I did have someone contact me quite a few months ago by text. Said he'd gotten myt number from the internet had a speech impediment and could I text details. At first I replied with my website address, he said he didn't have access to the site/couldn't get into it and would like details including availability now. I did send a rather stiff reply with a brief description, rates, availability - which can be a bit like a piece of string for indies offering flexible appointment times. I did say at the end I didn't mind sending a few details as long as he didn't go on and on asking questions as some chaps do abuse text. I do actually have good reason no to think he was genuine but at the time I had another 2 prospective clients texting wanting full details details - one said he was in the gym the other had got the wrong end of the stick regards rates. These 2 who genuinely were able to speak just seemed to only want to text - I was attempting to get to the bank before it closed then the gym myself. I've actually also missed or sent the wrong answer to the wrong person when guys are texting me in such a demanding/rapid manner. As such I do now limit my answers for common sense as well as the enquirers sake as I did miss a genuine booking request plus nearly walked under a car responding to all these texts.

I probably put the speech guy off but although text is great for him an email to explain this is probably best especially if you are going to be needed to send directions etc.

There used to be a partially deaf WG on the south coast who had a hearing aid device that if you touched it made it go haywire and without it she was really deaf. So you just needed to be careful around her ears.

She was absolutely first class at her job and I mourned the day she met a straight civilian and quietly slipped back into civilian life.

Not heard of any others since but apart from the obvious one, there are no reasons to treat them any differently.

I saw a deaf guy a few years ago who used text. I was working from a hotel doing incalls and gave him the name of the hotel and actually did think he was messing about. Turns out he wasnt and nice time had by all!

I did have someone contact me quite a few months ago by text. Said he'd gotten myt number from the internet had a speech impediment and could I text details. At first I replied with my website address, he said he didn't have access to the site/couldn't get into it and would like details including availability now. I did send a rather stiff reply with a brief description, rates, availability - which can be a bit like a piece of string for indies offering flexible appointment times. I did say at the end I didn't mind sending a few details as long as he didn't go on and on asking questions as some chaps do abuse text. I do actually have good reason no to think he was genuine but at the time I had another 2 prospective clients texting wanting full details details - one said he was in the gym the other had got the wrong end of the stick regards rates. These 2 who genuinely were able to speak just seemed to only want to text - I was attempting to get to the bank before it closed then the gym myself. I've actually also missed or sent the wrong answer to the wrong person when guys are texting me in such a demanding/rapid manner. As such I do now limit my answers for common sense as well as the enquirers sake as I did miss a genuine booking request plus nearly walked under a car responding to all these texts.

I probably put the speech guy off but although text is great for him an email to explain this is probably best especially if you are going to be needed to send directions etc.

I have two deaf guys I see and neither had a problem emailng me to arrange their bookings then I gave them the postcode for their sat nav and they text when outside for the number.

Strawberry I have a standard text message that goes to any text I recieve "No texts calls only"

If they don't call me after that I just ignore any further texts ;)

Well I always take my hearing aids out before a massage as I don't want these outrageously expensive items covered in oil...but then I can't hear a damn thing the masseuse is saying, but they don't seem to notice....