BeckenhamPaul

Congratulations to all the WGs in this Weather

25 posts in this topic

I think a hearty congratulations should be said to all of those gorgeous working girls who have maintained a seamless service during the current spell of Cold Weather.Nothing like a good punt to warm you up in these freezing conditions have just returned home following an enjoyable 2 hours in the company of a lovely little polish lady.Thanks Natalie see you soon.;)

I think a hearty congratulations should be said to all of those gorgeous working girls who have maintained a seamless service during the current spell of Cold Weather.Nothing like a good punt to warm you up in these freezing conditions have just returned home following an enjoyable 2 hours in the company of a lovely little polish lady.Thanks Natalie see you soon.;)

Amazing how being self-employed cuts down absenteeism. If you have to worry about buying the next lot of lingerie, you are more likely to get to work. If your kindly government pays you whether you turn up or not, why bother to go to work?

Yes, it warms the cockles to think of all those brave people who carried on as normal in the face of this natural disaster we're in the middle of.

Amazing how being self-employed cuts down absenteeism. If you have to worry about buying the next lot of lingerie, you are more likely to get to work. If your kindly government pays you whether you turn up or not, why bother to go to work?

Couldnt agree more. I work for local government, and staff seem to think the snow is extra holidays!. I cant wait for the economy to recover to be able to do some proper work!.

;)

I think it's ridiculous how as soon as snow then England just comes to a stand still very frustrating when all I wanted to do was go to the bank and it was closed 2 days in a row :(

Well done to all the girls working, and the clients who still visit them and keep things ticking along ;)

This country is a laughing stock.......a light dusting of snow and the country grinds to a halt. Bins were not emptied this week on health and safety grounds.......somehow I don't imagine Canada or the Scandinavian countries go for 3 or 4 months of the year without having their refuse collected.

i have had to turn bookings down as the pavements round here are an inch or more of thick ice and the roads are not much better.

this morning i have seen five people fall over and have had one car slide into two parked cars.

dont think ill be working next week either if the forecast snow comes in tonight.

Not only have they carried on working, they have to put up with those cold hands at the start of each punt :(:eek:. Respect to the ladies who manage this with a smile on their face.

Its snow, a white thing we get every year, and each year we seem to be struggling to cope with it.

There are millions of pounds spent on weather forcasting, to know when we can expect the weather to turn, and yet we spend so little on gritting the roads, its no wonder some folk use the excuse of not working.

Its snow, a white thing we get every year, and each year we seem to be struggling to cope with it.

There are millions of pounds spent on weather forcasting, to know when we can expect the weather to turn, and yet we spend so little on gritting the roads, its no wonder some folk use the excuse of not working.

The AA write to the government in November to get more gritting and to ensure that this wont happen as its going to be alot of snow this winter.

The government told them go away and stop scaremongering....... ;)

The AA write to the government in November to get more gritting and to ensure that this wont happen as its going to be alot of snow this winter.

The government told them go away and stop scaremongering....... ;)

it's ridiculous! I have never seen Milton Keynes shopping centre so quiet! and some of the shops still aint opening :(

it's ridiculous! I have never seen Milton Keynes shopping centre so quiet! and some of the shops still aint opening :(

I was thinking about driving out this morning for food but when I went to the newsagent this morning and saw a 4x4 skidding on the roads, thought best not.

But if Im not able to get to work next week maybe a few sneaky punts will cheer myself up ;) Thank heavens for local parlours.....

It's not the snow that makes it dangerous it's when it turns in to ice and slush that makes it so slippery.

Top marks for the girls that go out and after fighting through the snow and bitter winds still manage to put smiles on your faces and warm your cockles...:(;)

I was thinking about driving out this morning for food but when I went to the newsagent this morning and saw a 4x4 skidding on the roads, thought best not. QUOTE]

Means they dont know how to drive it properly or where trying to be over confident.

This country is a laughing stock.......a light dusting of snow and the country grinds to a halt. Bins were not emptied this week on health and safety grounds.......somehow I don't imagine Canada or the Scandinavian countries go for 3 or 4 months of the year without having their refuse collected.

Yes, quite, BUT those countries have consistant bad winters, can we really invest millions of pounds in snowploughs and the like for the odd couple of weeks freak weather. ;)

Denmark used to have lots of snow when I lived there and at the first sign of snow, the snow ploughs and gritters would be out instantly (even on the pavements), so snow was never a big problem apart for your shoes/boots always getting ruined by all the salt.

It has however changed considerably in the past twenty years and Denmark hardly gets much snow these days either, so they are no longer as prepared anymore like England.

Financially it is simply not viable to have a whole fleet of trucks and salt on standby in England as there is not enough snow to justify it generally.

We don't get it like this every year at all, don't be ridiculous.

Denmark used to have lots of snow when I lived there and at the first sign of snow, the snow ploughs and gritters would be out instantly (even on the pavements), so snow was never a big problem apart for your shoes/boots always getting ruined by all the salt.

It has however changed considerably in the past twenty years and Denmark hardly gets much snow these days either, so they are no longer as prepared anymore like England.

Financially it is simply not viable to have a whole fleet of trucks and salt on standby in England as there is not enough snow to justify it generally.

Quite true. However, it was forecast and, if another post is correct, the AA suggested preparing for bad weather and were accused of scaremongering.

Quite, this is the worst winter for quite some time, 15 years I think ?

Us hardy Scots lassies are used to it and just put an extra pair of socks on. ;)

Quite, this is the worst winter for quite some time, 15 years I think ?

Us hardy Scots lassies are used to it and just put an extra pair of socks on. ;)

Sexy, two pairs of socks on while the punter is there? Do you charge extra for this dressing up service?:)

Sexy, two pairs of socks on while the punter is there? Do you charge extra for this dressing up service?;)

It's Scotland, hello ? Of course I charge extra.

Honestly, some people ..... :)

Quite true. However, it was forecast and, if another post is correct, the AA suggested preparing for bad weather and were accused of scaremongering.

And just before some gov body tries to deny it..... This began back in November BTW!!!

http://www.lgcplus.com/news/environment/lga-rejects-scaremongering-aa-salt-claims/5009656.article

And now Gorden Browns ordered more salt supplies.....but they wont arrive for another week..... oh well thats good then.... <sigh>

We were told to expect snow, and lots of it, once again we were not prepaired to cope with what we were informed.

The ridiculous folk are the local councils, who once again failed to take heed of a warning.

In Scotland, we used to clean our own front path, thus making it easy for walking on, whatever happened to this community spirit.

In Scotland, we used to clean our own front path, thus making it easy for walking on, whatever happened to this community spirit.

Someone sued the ass off it. ;)

(I've been in London for the last week, and whilst the central areas have been OK, the ice has got progressively worse the further west one has travelled... the Heathrow area is pretty much a nightmare whilst central London is OK... and typically whilst the roads are mostly clear the pavements are accidents waiting to happen.)

B

But at the same time remembering that it's easier for some to reach their place of work than others.