ladyofthemansion

What do you girls tell the neighbours?

28 posts in this topic

How do you explain the constant traffic of men coming in and out? I have been everything from a probation officer doing a survey for victim support to an English teacher to a bereavement counsellor. What do you ladies say?

No one asks. I live where I work, rent it too, and am very choosy to find somewhere where fellas coming in and out during the daytime won't get spotted as being unusual. Where I choose my neighbours are mainly out at work and there's enough people walking up and down the road anyway. I also limit the number I see over the week, so if I have a busy few days, it won't be every day.

;) Ithink it depends on where you live, our girls are pretty cute and limit how they work as Lilyb said.

I think most people are out during the day working and at night too busy with their curtains shut to notice :):(

I used to work from an apartment which was opposite a serviced apartment so it was always different people living there nobody ever cottoned on ;) Although someone once wrote in the lift that flat number ** was a prostitute called Crystal bla bla but I went and got rid of it straight away was just a vindictive ex boyfriend trying to get me in trouble.

I used to work from an apartment which was opposite a serviced apartment so it was always different people living there nobody ever cottoned on ;) Although someone once wrote in the lift that flat number ** was a prostitute called Crystal bla bla but I went and got rid of it straight away was just a vindictive ex boyfriend trying to get me in trouble.

Hah!! If I was a neighbour of Crystal the only one complaining would be my Bank Manager!!!:)

I know an extremely quiet set of apartment blocks with security doors and it must be noticed that an elederly Chinese woman goes to the door to bring in men up a flight of stays and see them out...

I don't know if I would say anything to anyone about it if I lived in flats with a working place - sadly it might depend if I fancied the girl or not...

No, after a second's thought I only would if the traffic or incidents caused real disturbance but then presumably that would affect other nearby occupants too.

They all think I am a book keeper so am busy doing their books lol

;) Ithink it depends on where you live, our girls are pretty cute and limit how they work as Lilyb said.

I think most people are out during the day working and at night too busy with their curtains shut to notice :):(

I think most people do know that if a house in a residential area has window blinds (vertial or horizontal, in particular the wooden ones) for its front room instead of conventional curtains, then WGs or massage therapists are operating in that house!

most of my bookings at the moment are outcall but only try and see 1 guy a day annaxxxx

They all think I am a book keeper so am busy doing their books lol

I have been told by several ladies that they use this work from home reason for the numerous visitors. I've even been asked to bring an armful of files to add to the deception. However what do you do if a male neighbour, rather fancying the look of his neighbourhood accountant but being a flirt rather than a punter, asks you to do his business accounts?

Being the prick that I am (apparently), I don't fully understand the the title of the thread in relation to the content of it. By that I mean you say "You Girls", which kind of implies that you are not included in "You Girls", which clearly you are. In any case, I would have expected to see something like "What do my fellow WG's girls tell the neighbours?". Maybe I'm being picky ( yeah I said picky!), maybe the time of the month, who knows.

I think most people do know that if a house in a residential area has window blinds (vertial or horizontal, in particular the wooden ones) for its front room instead of conventional curtains, then WGs or massage therapists are operating in that house!

So thats why the wife wanted blinds in place of lace curtains...

So thats why the wife wanted blinds in place of lace curtains...

I guess that she knows that she has a punter at home most of the time! :)

I'm supposedly a proofreader (being a bit of a horrible pedant helps), and it isn't interesting enough for people to ask much about. The trouble with saying things like accountancy, counselling or aromatherapy is that there's always the chance one of your neighbours will be keen to avail themselves of your services (which is fine if you can hold your own on tax allowances, local bereavement support groups and the properties of ylang ylang, but a bit of a giveaway if you can't). Then again, I'm a lazy girl and don't have a constant stream of traffic anyway :P.

I'll have to be having words with my Mum about that :):D.

Being the prick that I am (apparently), I don't fully understand the the title of the thread in relation to the content of it. By that I mean you say "You Girls", which kind of implies that you are not included in "You Girls", which clearly you are. In any case, I would have expected to see something like "What do my fellow WG's girls tell the neighbours?". Maybe I'm being picky ( yeah I said picky!), maybe the time of the month, who knows.

If any ladies here feel insulted that I used the phrase "You girls" I offer my sincere apologies as it was not meant to offend and on hindsight I should have said "My fellow working ladies"

I say absolutely diddly squat. Never asked so never tell. I keep myself to myself and am I'm extremely discreet through the way I work.

If you have a working flat then you just have to be sensible about finding the right one. Ideally somewhere with singles and childless couples, most people are out during the day and people are in their flats and don't see people coming and going. I've known a few WGs who've gone down that line and it seems to have worked pretty well for them. Me too;)

Ah, well, in the case of my #2 son in Fulham, who has indeed the "wooden ones" on his front room windows, I'd be seriously surprised if it turned out that he (or his GF) was on the game!

"Most people" are wrong some of the time!

I am honest with my neighbours... they know what I do for work as I have nothing to hide from anyone and none of them are judgemental.. It is also good that my neighbours work and so no one is around during the day when I am working from home.... I have lived at the same address for 12 years and always got on well with them all.

I am lucky that I have only 4 houses in my road. It also helps that my house which is my home.... is back to front and clients do not need to walk past my neighbours houses to get to mine. They come straight through my garden that has the highest fence and stops anyone from seeing who they are. It is the most discreet premises... even more discreet than the premises I was last working from and I am also lucky to have my own 2 parking spaces, so no having to try finding a place to park.

The room I work in does not join onto my neighbours as I live in an end of terrace house.... so all in all.. the perfect place to work from :)

The place we work from now is very discreet. I have learned from my past mistakes but had a lot of laughs too.

However, in my early days I just did not have a clue. Was new to this and had neighbours all over the place lol. My first place the neighbours either believed what I said or didn't care. The only person that seemed to clock was the 90 year old who lived opposite, so dont ever under estimate old people.

The second place was ex council. We could look out the windows at either side and see our punters coming out their homes. The neighbours sussed out very quickly but didn't bother us. In fact, many came to us including next door. We got a good 9 month run. I think what stuffed us was the Halloween egg chucking and the eggs landing on the flats below. The police were really nice though and gave us 2 weeks to leave.

nice, practical topic this can be.

Some jokes, possibly serious, possibly usable:

One Lady who occasionally worked form home stated that her latest Boyfriend worked as a car salesman and brings along different cars all the time.

Another Lady said she changed flats and switched realestate agencies every 6-12 months. She used the references from the agencies to obtain the a next lease 12 months onwards.

I tell the people that live alongside my base that I'm involved with a small but rapidly growing sect. I carefully explain that part of the initiation process involves the blood letting and sacrifice of small furry creatures throughout the day. Not only do they leave me to it but they go out of their way to avoid me.

Result. :D

I tell the people that live alongside my base that I'm involved with a small but rapidly growing sect. I carefully explain that part of the initiation process involves the blood letting and sacrifice of small furry creatures throughout the day. Not only do they leave me to it but they go out of their way to avoid me.

Result. :D

I'll remember this just incase. However I do think it's down to finding the right premises, apartments that are mainly used by childless people seem the best, mostly people who are out at work during the day and not guaranteed to be home for a cetain time. I've had my place for several years and never even seen the next door neighbours, plus I only see a maximum of 2 clients a day so that will keep it less obvious.

Nowadays I only have a handful of clients so its not a problem. When I worked from home in Edinburgh I tried to be as discreet as possible until one night a rather drunk client decided to call on me. I had no idea who it was banging on my door at 4:30am so hid under my duvet!! My neighbour was very different though and kindly showed the client the front door after explaining that "No C******" lived there!! He came over the next day and I explained fully what I did, he was fine about it and said if I ever needed him for whatever reason he'd be there.

Nowadays I only have a handful of clients so its not a problem. When I worked from home in Edinburgh I tried to be as discreet as possible until one night a rather drunk client decided to call on me. I had no idea who it was banging on my door at 4:30am so hid under my duvet!! My neighbour was very different though and kindly showed the client the front door after explaining that "No C******" lived there!! He came over the next day and I explained fully what I did, he was fine about it and said if I ever needed him for whatever reason he'd be there.

What do you mean, you explained fully what you did, and he was fine about it...?

If a client had done that to me, I would have been furious, and made sure he knew it. He certainly wouldn't have been given another appointment with me.