Guest Interested

Madam Becky's - change of name?

71 posts in this topic

In view of the change of ownership, should this place now be called Madam Crystal's?

Don't be daft. If you have a known, successful brand name, you don't go changing it.

I see your point, but they'll carry on being known as Bradford & Bingley and Abbey for at least another ten years. People get set in their ways.

I see your point, but they'll carry on being known as Bradford & Bingley and Abbey for at least another ten years. People get set in their ways.

Not sure how you worked that one out -------- Woolwich building society has disappeard and is now part of Barclays. :)

Sorry, Jim, I thought we were just having an ordinary conversation. Now I see you've started rolllng your eyes, I'll go and fetch my foil.

I have known Madam Becky since the very early days - Michael's at Alton Road and then Buckfast Avenue - and watched her develop her business in a way to match her creativity and quirkiness. She then 'sold' the business although Crystal has taken it to new premises with a new website and mainly new girls.

Crystal is, I think, is very different and as MB is no longer on the scene I would encourage an orderly transition.

I have known Madam Becky since the very early days - Michael's at Alton Road and then Buckfast Avenue - and watched her develop her business in a way to match her creativity and quirkiness. She then 'sold' the business although Crystal has taken it to new premises with a new website and mainly new girls.

Crystal is, I think, is very different and as MB is no longer on the scene I would encourage an orderly transition.

Then in effect, what Crystal bought was the name and the reputation. She's hardly likely to change it then.

Then in effect, what Crystal bought was the name and the reputation. She's hardly likely to change it then.

I can remember a thread about what you actually buy when you take over a brothel. ?????????

Most brothels would not have even bothered to register their name so all you are really buying is the telephone numbers ------- you are not "buying" the girls as they could leave at any time.

One other thing to consider is that you are buying a business that is illegal and could be closed down at any time. :):(

I can remember a thread about what you actually buy when you take over a brothel. ?????????

Most brothels would not have even bothered to register their name so all you are really buying is the telephone numbers ------- you are not "buying" the girls as they could leave at any time.

One other thing to consider is that you are buying a business that is illegal and could be closed down at any time. :):(

That's correct but could you imagine how hard it would be to start up a new agency? It is easier and cheaper to continue on with a name well known in Milton Keynes it has been running for a very long time & everyone new the name.

if I was to change the name then I would be back at square one an agency with no reputation that everyone was weary of and it would take a long time for people to start visiting.

xx

That's correct but could you imagine how hard it would be to start up a new agency? It is easier and cheaper to continue on with a name well known in Milton Keynes it has been running for a very long time & everyone new the name.

if I was to change the name then I would be back at square one an agency with no reputation that everyone was weary of and it would take a long time for people to start visiting.

xx

Fair enough, I am sure you know what you are doing but I would hate to put a price on a business that is not legal and above board. :);)

Fair enough, I am sure you know what you are doing but I would hate to put a price on a business that is not legal and above board. :);)

I know it seems silly but I thought long and hard about it and new it would be alot easier then starting from scratch building a whole new agency and reputation from scratch could have taken years and who knows it still may never have worked, the amount of new agencies that have ads in the paper for a few weeks and then disapear. There are 2 many good agencies in MK that new little agencies don't really get a look in..

xx

I have visited Madam Beckys many times before BC (before Crystal) and now. What I have noticed is that not only are the premises a lot better and comfortable but also the atmosphere of the place seems much happier. It helps that gems like Danni have returned and Bianca stayed! I think that things will get better and better.

Perhaps over time I think the branding may change (such as pictures of Crystal as well as MB) and even the name, but essentially most people know the name Madam Becky's and as Crystal said (even with her name and reputation) a new agency would take much longer to develop.

with your choice of girls like Danni!! (supreme) you wll make a bloody good go of it, keep an eye on your ladies standards and we will be back in droves. god luck. besides if business needs a lift you just have to add your name to the rota occassionally!!:)

Perhaps over time I think the branding may change (such as pictures of Crystal as well as MB) and even the name, but essentially most people know the name Madam Becky's and as Crystal said (even with her name and reputation) a new agency would take much longer to develop.

I've never punted in MK, so my comment is purely hypothetical!

Surely the answer to take over is to continue to run the old site / name / get up and then in parallel a second site 2ith the "new" name and mission statement (noting carefully which one gets the hits) both leading to the same girls / premises. Once the "new" version is getting the majority of the business, think of closing the old site in another year or so?

with your choice of girls like Danni!! (supreme) you wll make a bloody good go of it, keep an eye on your ladies standards and we will be back in droves. god luck. besides if business needs a lift you just have to add your name to the rota occassionally!!:)

Indeed!!

As your name (you already have a fab reputation as a working girl) and business reputation grows (and as above, I think it has changed and for the better which is only down to you and your partner) an orderly transition is sure to happen.

New guys will not have heard of MB and you will build your business on the quality and attitude of the girls and the whole customer experience.

Twittering is good as are your daily financial promotions - 45 mins for £70. Before Christmas, HoDs Advent Girls promotion, was just sheer class and I told Karl so!

Can I make a suggestion. Have 2 names for it. Will do you no harm at all. Keep the old name and the ads for it and get a seperate site and ads with your new name too. Some customers do look out for new places too.

I dont thing you should take away the old name. After all, to any of you who watch Taggart, that programme still going and although the originaal Taggart, Mark McManus died years ago, the programme still going strong.

Indeed!!

As your name (you already have a fab reputation as a working girl) and business reputation grows (and as above, I think it has changed and for the better which is only down to you and your partner) an orderly transition is sure to happen.

New guys will not have heard of MB and you will build your business on the quality and attitude of the girls and the whole customer experience.

Twittering is good as are your daily financial promotions - 45 mins for £70. Before Christmas, HoDs Advent Girls promotion, was just sheer class and I told Karl so!

Thank you :)

We do have alot of Madam Becky's old regular clientele though and if we hadn't have taken over we wouldn't have gained most of them.

Perhaps in the near future I will consider putting a new ad in the paper under a new name like Ladyofthemansion suggests.

MG- Good idea about the photos I was thinking that the other day to get some new ones taken and put some on the site no harm done but a bit of fun eh.

Dt- Thanks for your positive post Danni is fantastic and it's definatly good to have her we worked together at Becky's 2 years ago so it's nice to have a familiar face around the place!

xx

Good idea about the photos I was thinking that the other day to get some new ones taken and put some on the site no harm done but a bit of fun eh.

xx

Hi Crystal,

Is that a photo of you on the Madam Becky banner on your website ?

Hi Crystal,

No that's Becky hun.

xx

Maybe Crystal should change her name to Madam Becky and put her own photo on the site? After all, the original Madam Becky has retired.

Hi Crystal,

Crystal is a younger more stunning version of the photo - go to http://hot-tottys.webs.com/crystal.htm to see a few pictures of Crystal!!

By the way Crystal, can I take your new pictures? :)

Crystal is a younger more stunning version of the photo - go to http://hot-tottys.webs.com/crystal.htm to see a few pictures of Crystal!!

By the way Crystal, can I take your new pictures? :)

No Honey I want them professionally done :P So I can have my make up and hair done... You would make me look like a clown :D

No Honey I want them professionally done :) So I can have my make up and hair done... You would make me look like a clown :P

Lol - can I come and watch then and pander to your every whim! lol

Hi Crystal,

Crystal's photo is on the other site.xxx