ladyofthemansion

Is it worth while opening when it snows?

22 posts in this topic

We have no problem braving the bad weather and taking ourselves in to work. After all, we have bookings from yesterday and dont want to let anybody down.

However, I can bet, due to the snow, that many of these bookings will cancel and we will sit there bored all day and our SKY TV doesn't even arrive till Friday and all we have is BBC2.

If they were all to text right now and cancel then I could take the day off and not make the long trip in. However, life is not that simple.

I remember as a kid in freezing cold Scotland, life did not stop because of snow. Schools did not close. Buses still ran, albeit at 2 miles an hour.

Can you imagine what it must be like for a punter to struggle through the snow and be welcomed to the bosom of your heart, or should that be the heart of your bosom. Ahhh bliss. :)

Good to let punters know what you're doing sooner rather than later. I schlepped to Soho Cottage on Sunday to see Nikki, only to find they'd put a message on their website to say they couldn't open because of snow after they were meant to open!

In fairness, they may have tried to get in but couldnt which may be why it was posted AFTER

Good to let punters know what you're doing sooner rather than later. I schlepped to Soho Cottage on Sunday to see Nikki, only to find they'd put a message on their website to say they couldn't open because of snow after they were meant to open!

I am going on. I am just wondering if the punters will.

When it was bad last week I stopped and let everyone know. It wasn't worth chaps struggling to get to me as well as myself not knowing who would make it that day. I even closed the books to local clients - remembering how last year I had someone in town cancel because a colleague slid into his car on ice.

I probably came across as unreasonable but not knowing when or who is going to arrive does not do much for a girl feeling sexy.

Apologies now I'm 35 I should say 'elderly lady'.

It's looking not too bad in London - we've got a few bookings hopefully they will all show up.

Its snowing in Liverpool but only lightly and I also have bookings :)

Weel we are open but I am getting increasingly concerned as to whether we will get home this evening the way the snow is falling

Weel we are open but I am getting increasingly concerned as to whether we will get home this evening the way the snow is falling

Serious question, ST: what's the weather like (in Northampton)? Can't raise my missus and I am in the States right now. Did it snow more last night?

It has been snowing since at least 6am this morning and has not stopped. It is only very "small" and light snow but it is building and building

The snow has gone from Kendal!

:)

It seems to be easing off in Milton Keynes, hopefully today is the last of it!

We have no problem braving the bad weather and taking ourselves in to work. After all, we have bookings from yesterday and dont want to let anybody down.

However, I can bet, due to the snow, that many of these bookings will cancel and we will sit there bored all day and our SKY TV doesn't even arrive till Friday and all we have is BBC2.

If they were all to text right now and cancel then I could take the day off and not make the long trip in. However, life is not that simple.

I remember as a kid in freezing cold Scotland, life did not stop because of snow. Schools did not close. Buses still ran, albeit at 2 miles an hour.

Put up a big sign offering a 50% discount :)

Still snowing in Northants by the way.

I was supposed to be in coventry today but couldnt get there as all the trains had been halted temporarily,so now im a HOD today instead as luckily they squeezed me in. Its lucky i didnt go though as its still snowing and i couldnt risk getting snowed in once i was there. I have had 3 guys who were booked in for there had to cancel due to the snow. I was loving the snow but its a fine line between love and hate as they say.xx

Of course it's worth while opening in the snow......The men crave us and need us to warm them and de stress them, just like the AA come out and recharge car batteries we are here to recharge the men and keep them going ....:):)

Of course it's worth while opening in the snow......The men crave us and need us to warm them and de stress them, just like the AA come out and recharge car batteries we are here to recharge the men and keep them going ....:):)

Hmmmm... I never thought of it like that. Thanks for jump-starting my imagination. Now, I need someone to take a look under my hood and check my dipstick.:D

I was supposed to be in coventry today but couldnt get there as all the trains had been halted temporarily,so now im a HOD today instead as luckily they squeezed me in. Its lucky i didnt go though as its still snowing and i couldnt risk getting snowed in once i was there. I have had 3 guys who were booked in for there had to cancel due to the snow. I was loving the snow but its a fine line between love and hate as they say.xx

cov was chaos. And covergirls were not answering their phone when i called to cancel!

Next week chloe?

fecking weather!:):mad::):mad:

Ok VIZ pop your bonnet up i'll be there in a jiffy :):P

It seems to be easing off in Milton Keynes, hopefully today is the last of it!

so true! I really don't want anymore snow.

It doesn't seem to effect us to much but girls getting to work in the mornings is the hardest problem.

Most of our bookings did cancel. :)

But not all did so for them it was worth our while getting here. :)

You are such an optimist::D