NIK

Drifting into reirement.

10 posts in this topic

Still haven't had a punt since Ocober 30. Another couple of weeks and it will be the longest I've gone for years without.

I think the longest in recent memory is 6-8 weeks and my longest ever is probably 3-4 months, so I'm not far off that even.

Still haven't really had much of an inclination and even when I've felt the odd craving I haven't remotely had the opportunity, which helps.

Ironically when I've made a conscious decision to pack it in on several occasions in the recent past I've lasted no more than a couple of months.

Now I seem to have just drifted into retirement without making the decision. :confused:

How much money do you think you've saved?

Well, unlike Stevestud (see my other thread) I probably spend over £100 on average per punt. I do keep a record. Did list my punting spending for one year on here once and it was about £3000. Although I remember I was surprised to see that year that I hadn't had a punt in March at all as I thought I punted every month. Some months I spent maybe £200, but others maybe £800.

Because of my circumstances and my declining inclination to visit parlours my punting had become more irregular anyway recently with 2/3 punts in a few days on a London visit several times a year, whereas at one time when I was visiting local parlours more frequently the punting/spending would be more evenly distributed with maybe 2/3 per month throughout the year.

I hear that Lou4fun has hoisted some black knickers as a mark of respect for your passing!! :confused::D

With this game we call punting, I've found the urge comes and goes. Sometimes I want/need/would like a punt almost daily (in reality that ends up as once a fortnight), but my last punt was in November (due to weather and work) and to be honest, I've not missed it all much.

Personally, I think its a bit like smoking or drinking (yes, I do both), the longer you go without, the less you need or want it.

Perhaps I'll get back into it soon. I certainly hope so.

Wait until the warm weather returns again NIK. You will be off again!

Another one? There is was a major retirement year or so ago: http://www.punternet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12424and then few minor ones in between. Not even mentioning other 2-3 "retirements" (probably more!) on the old PNMB.

Nik: can you just silently fuck off, without announcing it every time?:(

Luv you too :D

ah bless you Nik maybe something will get you stirring again :D:(