Viz

Apropos your (WGs) goodbyes

4 posts in this topic

We get them every so often don't we, the fair well thread from a WG who has decided to shut up shop (supposedly) once and for all.

So what are your views on how long to stay working in this industry as a WG and what factors influence your decision to leave - or stay? Do you believe there is an optimum working life-span and if so what is it and why?

My view is that only the most hardy and resilient personality types will survive the long haul. What do you think?

If I could get a pound for every time I change my mind about doing what I'm doing I'd be a millionaire.

Part of me wants to go back to doing what I did before, an ordinary job that I dont have to lie about, and one day I will do that, but there is always going to be a till this, till this, till this.................

We get them every so often don't we, the fair well thread from a WG who has decided to shut up shop (supposedly) once and for all.

So what are your views on how long to stay working in this industry as a WG and what factors influence your decision to leave - or stay? Do you believe there is an optimum working life-span and if so what is it and why?

My view is that only the most hardy and resilient personality types will survive the long haul. What do you think?

It depends on the person, I've only thought about leaving completely once and that was due to outside happenings. For me, not seeing too many clients and regular mini-breaks keep me fresh & happy to shag away.

Im planning three years before I retire. I will have done all I wanted to do and im not really planning to look over my shoulder. Love the job but when its time to disappear, I will just go.:D