Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
danrogers

price projections

41 posts in this topic

when the new law comes in (very soon) the thoughts on this forum are that many parlours etc will close as the parlour scenario is usually girls working for an owner etc etc and these will be high risk areas for punters to be in , but real true independents will be unaffected (largely)

Now if we assume this happens and punters seek the safer independents out, what will this do to prices ??

My own assumption is that a true independent who offers the punter a lot of peace of mind about not being arrested etc will be able to UP their prices due to supply of 'safe' outlets being reduced yet overall punter demand staying same as

OR

Will many parlour WGS move to become independents and thereby mean that the numbers of safe outlets will be more than perhaps thought?

These are key questions

Personally I have a price max and I will not go above it, and my own thoughts already are what I may do with the money saved if i decided to pack up punting.

I would say that a lot of men aren't aware of the new laws or their implications.

They will be aware when the law comes in because

a it will be on the main news

b it will be in the popular papers

c the local parlour will likely close soon after

Just as Punterman evolved when newspaper small-adds dissappeared he will evolve once more

he will size up the risks, see that an independant isnt so risky and home in on said WG

Now that WG will see the opportunity to lift prices, and as demand stays or increases why no lift prices again

interesting bit is the poor parlour WG whose easyish money ends quick time

does she go independant too or take up cross stitch ?

we'll soon see

sres

t

Can someone put up a link where the new law can be viewed.

The converse may well be true given that the economy is not exactly booming. There may be an increase in indies and a decline in parlours. But don't kid yourself that the parlour WGs will give up working being the group probably most dependent on prostitution for basic income. Prices may well indeed fall as the ex-parlour girls will realise that they can charge less than the parlour charged - and still make the same income.

There will be a period of intense competition and competition drives prices down

Assuming that a Commencement Order is made for the new Act then I really can't see the new provisions having much effect on prices. Supply, demand, the state of the economy and the amount of disposable income that punters have will have a much greater effect.

At the end of the day there's nothing in the new provisions that doesn't already protect underage, trafficked or vulnerable girls. The Police already have the ability to close nuisance brothels in most cases. In many cities they turn a blind eye and under the legislation they will continue to do so. The new provisions will make it easier for the Police to close brothels but the owners will just move on.

A large proportion of the population mistakenly think that prostitution is illegal. Look at the amount of new posters that come on to this board under that impression. I've lost count of the number of WG's that I've come across, both in parlours and indies, who believe that what they do is illegal.

If you look at the "Legalities and Legislation Board" there's a small poll there. 90% of the posters say that they will continue to punt when the new legislation comes in to force.

I can't see there being a drastic reduction in the number of parlours/ brothels. Even if there were to be, there will always be a need for the cheaper end of the market. These girls will adapt. As Scorchin says - the parlour girls will not give up working.

As for Indie prices increasing - I can't see it myself given the recession and increasing numbers of WG's.

We've had all of this doom and gloom before. Posters saying that " controlled for gain" was definitely happening and that would be the end for us all. Credit to both JRC and NIK because they said: bollocks to that ...it will never happen.

This new legislation is a damp squib. No real change. Move on folks ... nothing to see here.:D

In theory, if demand falls, prices will also fall (or more will be offered for the same price - which amounts to the same thing). However,

1) A poll elsewhere on this site indicates that only approx 10% of people will stop punting as a result of the new legislation. Although this is only a very small sample, at least it is a reflection of the views of well informed people, as opposed to the wider punting population. (It will be interesting to see how much publicity the government is prepared to pay for to advertise how it is enthusiastically embracing this new form of Strict Liability.)

2) According to a newspaper article (so it must be true!!), punting doubled between 1995 and 2005. If correct, new entrants should counterbalance those who leave.

Net result: no change overall. However, depending on the amount of publicity, demand and so prices for independents may rise slightly, and demand and prices for street workers may fall slightly. Parlours should remain unchanged.

I say YET AGAIN

1. Certain drugs are illegal.

2. Talking on a hand held phone whilst driving is illegal.

3. Breaking the speed limit is illegal.

4. Claiming expense allowances for a mortgage you haven't got is illegal.

Does it stop people/mp's (they aren't people :() ?

I say YET AGAIN prostitution has been around since time began.

It will be around long after Harriet Harman, Dennis, 14 laptops, Mcshane and the rest of us are dead and gone.

They can bring in all the laws they like. They will NEVER stop it.

It reminds me of all this bollocks about clamping down on 'scroungers'. Every govt I can remember has announced they are going to do that. Yet I still personally know about 20 people of working age who are on the 'disability' I don't know anyone who is actually unemployed.

I remember back in the 1980's after the latest govt announcement of a clampdown on scroungers back then, (Tories then, but they are all EXACTLY the same) a guy I worked with knew one of the the long term scroungers who lauged at the announcement and said, 'I don't care which party is in government they will NEVER make me take a job if I don't want one.'

That is the way I feel about punting. I will give up when I want to, not because some hypocritical politician demands I should. :D

I say yet again do not worry. If you want to continue punting do so. As long as you are punting with ladies who are in it of their own free will, and no matter what the know nothings tell you it is easy to tell whether they are or not, there is no reason why you should stop.

The hypocrytical politicians do it all the time!

(Ironically I have given up at present. :))

Assuming that a Commencement Order is made for the new Act then I really can't see the new provisions having much effect on prices. Supply, demand, the state of the economy and the amount of disposable income that punters have will have a much greater effect.

At the end of the day there's nothing in the new provisions that doesn't already protect underage, trafficked or vulnerable girls. The Police already have the ability to close nuisance brothels in most cases. In many cities they turn a blind eye and under the legislation they will continue to do so. The new provisions will make it easier for the Police to close brothels but the owners will just move on.

A large proportion of the population mistakenly think that prostitution is illegal. Look at the amount of new posters that come on to this board under that impression. I've lost count of the number of WG's that I've come across, both in parlours and indies, who believe that what they do is illegal.

If you look at the "Legalities and Legislation Board" there's a small poll there. 90% of the posters say that they will continue to punt when the new legislation comes in to force.

I can't see there being a drastic reduction in the number of parlours/ brothels. Even if there were to be, there will always be a need for the cheaper end of the market. These girls will adapt. As Scorchin says - the parlour girls will not give up working.

As for Indie prices increasing - I can't see it myself given the recession and increasing numbers of WG's.

We've had all of this doom and gloom before. Posters saying that " controlled for gain" was definitely happening and that would be the end for us all. Credit to both JRC and NIK because they said: bollocks to that ...it will never happen.

This new legislation is a damp squib. No real change. Move on folks ... nothing to see here.:D[/QUOTE]

Spot on mate!.

Most legislation is a bloody damp squid when it comes down to it.

Might be a good time to start collecting agency WG's personal telephone numbers - tell them it is because of the new legislation!

Whilst a lot of guys did notice Pnet as a result of HH famous comments a lot still haven't heard of it and still aren't aware of the proposals which have been well documented. Just because it's in the papers doesn't mean everyone is going to read it. People tend to focus on what they think is relevant to them.

Whilst a lot of guys did notice Pnet as a result of HH famous comments a lot still haven't heard of it and still aren't aware of the proposals which have been well documented. Just because it's in the papers doesn't mean everyone is going to read it. People tend to focus on what they think is relevant to them.

I think you're right Ruth. Although we here on pnet discuss it a fair bit, it's just not yet in most punter's consciousness (thank God for the spellchecker here, I always get that word wrong :o). What the new law's real effect will be when it comes into force will depend on how the police react. If there are loads of raids and a few high publicity prosecutions (assuming these forced women can be found), then we may see a shift from parlour to indie. Goodness knows how that will affect the prices.

My guess is that not much will happen enforcement-wise and life will carry on as it always has. It won't affect me much as I prefer to see indies anyway (for a whole bunch of reasons).

I think you're right Ruth. Although we here on pnet discuss it a fair bit, it's just not yet in most punter's consciousness (thank God for the spellchecker here, I always get that word wrong :o). What the new law's real effect will be when it comes into force will depend on how the police react. If there are loads of raids and a few high publicity prosecutions (assuming these forced women can be found), then we may see a shift from parlour to indie. Goodness knows how that will affect the prices.

My guess is that not much will happen enforcement-wise and life will carry on as it always has. It won't affect me much as I prefer to see indies anyway (for a whole bunch of reasons).

I think there will be closure orders issued for certain establisments and some high profile raids to scare punters off, all dependent on the attitude and budget of individual police forces. I cant see where the money and manpower will come from to be able to raid and check on Indies unless the police already have intelligence of something untoward going on.

Overall, the big advantage punters have is the police havent got the resources IMO to do much more. After all they cant stop street prostitution when they know where it occurs and when.

It'll be business as usual. The law on using mobile phones while driving has not made much of a difference from what I see druing my commute for one example. A new law is only as good as the enforcement.

I would say that a lot of men aren't aware of the new laws or their implications.

And most of those that are aware don't give a f***. :o

If --------- and it is a big IF ------- some parlours do close down do you honestly think those girls will go back to shelf filling for £6 an hour, no, they will simply go Indie -------- it might even do them a favour because they will be getting 100% of the fees.

Supply will exceed demand for many years to come, that I am certain of. :o

punters on here (this forum) are regulars and informed

lets not lose sight of that

I still think given the media publicity law will get then it will put off the casual man in the street who punts very infrequently and who maybe thinks what he does is risky and illegal anyway

all it needs in one case in a popular newspaper where a married guy loses wife home job due to an arrest for a simple punt to affect a lot of blokes thinking

afterall if you live in a small town then having that in the local paper is disaster

punters on here (this forum) are regulars and informed

lets not lose sight of that

I still think given the media publicity law will get then it will put off the casual man in the street who punts very infrequently and who maybe thinks what he does is risky and illegal anyway

all it needs in one case in a popular newspaper where a married guy loses wife home job due to an arrest for a simple punt to affect a lot of blokes thinking

afterall if you live in a small town then having that in the local paper is disaster

The only ones to say something sensible are agents and indes who keep a good records of incomings.

The new law might drive prices up a bit, as any perceived "illegal" activity will attract the wrong kind of boss.

(alcohol is more expensive in blue counties etc)

But recession may bring an influx of addtional providers and that will bring prices down.

sum-total, IMHO: expect same prices in GBP (inflation doesnt seem to hit in this industry, nominal prices are equal to 5, even 10 yrs ago ?)

what I may do with the money saved if i decided to pack up punting.

I suppose you could always open a brothel.

sum-total, IMHO: expect same prices in GBP (inflation doesnt seem to hit in this industry, nominal prices are equal to 5, even 10 yrs ago ?)

Yes, you are spot on.

My first ever field report was in 2001, £100 for an hour, nine years on and there are still many girls available at that rate. :o;)

If --------- and it is a big IF ------- some parlours do close down do you honestly think those girls will go back to shelf filling for £6 an hour, no, they will simply go Indie -------- it might even do them a favour because they will be getting 100% of the fees.

:o

That is assumuming they will want to invest by getting an incall location, advertising etc.

yep, they will be getting 100% of the fees, on the other hand their expenses will skyrocket unless they decide to use their home as incall location.

Would think it is also a lot harder for an indie to generate the traffic that a parlour does, so even though they will receive more of the fee paid, no guarantee that the 'net takings' will be the same.

1975 - $5 Iowa, first whore.

1983 - First tour GB, £20 - streatham

1983 - First flat - £50, 1 hour sex, bj etc

1990 - first started noticing only getting 1/2 hour for £60

2010 - try and pay max £120 / hour.

My regulars charge me £60/hour.

Ocasionally spend £100 / half for random or "special" punt, or when dick rules brain.

regarding price projections and punting - my feeling is i would go long rather than short

I'm not 100% sure how things will go as it depends how the legislation is enforced. I'd imagine if they go for parlours/agencies/flats which are staffed mainly by none UK girls then it could put clients off visiting them as they'll be perceived to be more likely to be 'trafficked'/coorced, and it may have the knock on effect of reducing the amount of none UK prostitutes coming to this country to work.

The state may also see it as a good way to generate income, given that any agency, parlour who has girls that have had their travel fascilitated will be liable under the 'Proceeds of Crime Act'