Scorchin

Trapped in a Relationship

92 posts in this topic

Scanning many and various threads I am amazed that punters in a relationship (married or l/t partner) who seem to live life in fear and trembling that they will have to explain being an hour late home, away from work if the wife calls - to use two recent examples.

Have you guys no real freedom so that every hour of your day is monitored by your spouse/partner?

Is that really arelationship that there is no personal privacy?

Scanning many and various threads I am amazed that punters in a relationship (married or l/t partner) who seem to live life in fear and trembling that they will have to explain being an hour late home, away from work if the wife calls - to use two recent examples.

Have you guys no real freedom so that every hour of your day is monitored by your spouse/partner?

+1. I have written this many times before. All these idiots with their "punting phones" and multiple SIMs and air fresheners and fuck knows what else. Some of these people need to man up and either quit punting or grow some bloody balls.

yes I agree ! surely in this day and age you dont have to account for your actions 24/7 its ludicrous time appart is what keeps a relationship going.

Luckily, I dont have a problem. :D

I work in different places several times a week, have no set office other than a laptop in a McDonalds or Wetherspoons, my hours vary depending on a variety of factors, and I don't use a mobile and drive, and seldom use my bluetooth, so if Mrs T calls, she either leaves a message or sends a text. I respond when I am free - there's never any question.

When I am in London, the Underground is a great excuse - no mobile signals....Sometimes I use the train, and you know how reliable that can be !

Clearly many of these guys who have to answer to she who must be obeyed are married to control freaks. And I agree with your post.

Guess I am quite lucky really.

+1. Some of these people need to man up and either quit punting or grow some bloody balls.

Not certain how to use your statement wrt to wives/female partners but I wonder - do these testicle-less men monitor their wives' every moment? I believe they should have the equal opportunity for their 'own' time.

+1. I have written this many times before. All these idiots with their "punting phones" and multiple SIMs and air fresheners and fuck knows what else. Some of these people need to man up and either quit punting or grow some bloody balls.

And what would these "idiots" do with their great big balls once they'd grown them ?

I'm not sticking up for married punters here - most, perhaps not all, should know better than to be cheating on their wives. However, this is one of the most pathetic threads I've ever read in my life, nevermind on Punternet.

Yesterday various people were saying what a loon Julie Bindel is. For the most part I happen to agree, but threads like this makes me wonder if Bindel is some sort of intellectual pioneer and that the rest of us are just catching up. Punternet can be like a misogynist version of The Office, where people are hilarious and make you cringe without realising what ridiculous excuses for human beings they are.

Not certain how to use your statement wrt to wives/female partners but I wonder - do these testicle-less men monitor their wives' every moment? I believe they should have the equal opportunity for their 'own' time.

Scorchin - you sound like a hyped up version of Alan Partridge. You clearly buy into bullshit masculinity, the type dreamt up by third-rate budget TV script writers, and when you open your gob you only demonstrate that you have no clue - no f@**ing clue whatsoever - about what you're talking about.

If you'd ever had a proper adult relationship - and based solely on this thread I sincerely doubt that - you'd realise people in relationships do tend to have their own time, but that time usually isn't expected to be spent doing secret activities, so there's nothing wrong with asking how you spent your day. Humans usually call this type of chatter 'conversation' or 'small talk'. The fact you haven't grasped that yet might be linked to the fact you have to pay for sex.

Yeah. Man up like Trolley. Take your phone home to your wife, show her your SMS messages to WG's and say 'take that bitch, I've been f****ing ho's'. That's what real men do. Or at least that's what Trolley thinks. Trolley who watches the entire Rambo series back to back every night while wearing full military fatigues and caressing his crossbow.

Again, Scorchin the real man does what he wants, when he wants, but usually alone, with a box of tissues and a tear winding its way down his cheek.

Luckily, I dont have a problem. :D

I work in different places several times a week, have no set office other than a laptop in a McDonalds or Wetherspoons, my hours vary depending on a variety of factors, and I don't use a mobile and drive, and seldom use my bluetooth, so if Mrs T calls, she either leaves a message or sends a text. I respond when I am free - there's never any question.

When I am in London, the Underground is a great excuse - no mobile signals....Sometimes I use the train, and you know how reliable that can be !

Clearly many of these guys who have to answer to she who must be obeyed are married to control freaks. And I agree with your post.

Guess I am quite lucky really.

Yeah, you're lucky. But your wife isn't. Poor woman.

Pretty strong language there. We don't live in a fascist state and people still have personal choices which frankly aren't anyone else's business. MPs making laws to trap tax dodgers yet flipping their homes, politicians pretending they care about dead and wounded soldiers yet ensuring their kids never join the military, husbands and wives pretending they are in perfect marriages with their perfect lives yet hubby is a Punternet grandee:D. Seriously, it's called the human condition and it's as old as the hills.

There is a solution and it's called.... D I V O R C E..... perhaps expensive at first but like a mortgage it mellows with time and after a few years you look back and are pleased you implemented it at the time you did.

I suspect a number of guys use this excuse to justify their punting. If anyone actually lives like this then you must have a pretty restrictive and possibly miserable life. Lots of guys tend to just go with the flow in a relationship and want an easy life so allow this sort of thing.

Of course, some guys are equally obsessive too.

Maybe this kind of thing comes about where the missus is looking after the kids all day and wants you back home to help out.

Either way, it doesn't sound like fun to me.

I used to switch off my phone during punts, but my wife got suspicious. She did not think I was punting but thought I was seeing someone. So I need to leave my phone on now.

She really does have a knack of calling exactly when I'm on a punt. 6th sense I guess.

It's not that I'm under the thumb, more that I don't want to get caught. I'm sure that's the same for most men.

Why? Being discreet keeps everyone happy.

It's not so much a case of every hour being systematically monitored, rather that you could potentially have to account for your whereabouts/unavailibility etc.

I can't imagine a relationship where you could just blank a question as to, say, why you got a parking ticket in Milton Keynes with "none of your business", or where you could just say "I'm off out for a couple of hours" without saying where.

It's not really that difficult to understand, surely, unless you have never lived with a woman of course :o

It's not so much a case of every hour being systematically monitored, rather that you could potentially have to account for your whereabouts/unavailibility etc.

I can't imagine a relationship where you could just blank a question as to, say, why you got a parking ticket in Milton Keynes with "none of your business", or where you could just say "I'm off out for a couple of hours" without saying where.

It's not really that difficult to understand, surely, unless you have never lived with a woman of course :o

I had a work colleague who would use me as an alibi for his philandering. Every so often I would get a panicky call from him saying, "If the wife calls you, we were at a Tina Turner concert last night."

It may be worth cultivating a "friend" that lives in MK, or developing a ficitious hobby.

Some of my co-workers are trapped between tube-officeboss-mortgage-missus. no spare time really.

And if then your relationship with missus is not "trustworthy", you may find yourself under scrutiny. Especially if the missus has only married for "security", and is awaiting the chance to release the bloodhounds of sollicitors and child support.

Note: choose your life-partner with care, lots of care.

BTW: many a Missus could do worse then sucking up to the company that operates the local CCTV. Hunky operators, often of dubious (spicey!) background and lots of interesting info on the disk.

Freedom is best gained by travel, working away, being mobile, cancelled flights (and a little cash).

Been married a long time and have a good relationship and I have no guilt about my punting.

But I would not put my punting in my partners face. Hence I always have an an excuse for being AWOL.

Just common sense and yes I do have balls -- thats why I punt.:o

Freedom is best gained by travel, working away, being mobile, cancelled flights (and a little cash).

That's what works for me.

And there's the rub, a lot of us are in good relationships (although there may be something obviously amiss) but we do it anyway. In truth it becomes habit, like drinking, smoking, etc.

It's not just punting.

I'm of the opinion that there is a set of men who feel they have to portray themselves as living in fear of her indoors.

In my gang of middle-aged sportsmen there are a couple who make a big song and dance about the trouble they're in over the time spent on the sport.

When the wives are asked you find their attitude is actually all in favour of the guys getting out and doing it

Are you not the same Scorchin who started a thread called 'Give Me An Excuse...'????? :o

Why? Being discreet keeps everyone happy.

I said absolutely nothing about being indiscreet. That's a bloody given. No one who's married and has one iota of common sense would be anything else and -- this apparently eludes people here -- growing some balls about your punting habits does NOT mean rubbing your wife's nose in it. It simply means being sensible rather than paranoid, and acting like a man (calm, confident, assured, discreet, and self-contained) rather than a little girl (constantly worrying, panicking, having multiple phones, paranoid, and fretful) about your hobby. Being a grown-up is what keeps everyone happy; not being a complete pussy. If you can't conduct your punting life properly (quietly and calmly), my view is you should stay the fuck out of the kitchen.

I said absolutely nothing about being indiscreet. That's a bloody given. No one who's married and has one iota of common sense would be anything else and -- this apparently eludes people here -- growing some balls about your punting habits does NOT mean rubbing your wife's nose in it. It simply means being sensible rather than paranoid, and acting like a man (calm, confident, assured, discreet, and self-contained) rather than a little girl (constantly worrying, panicking, having multiple phones, paranoid, and fretful) about your hobby. Being a grown-up is what keeps everyone happy; not being a complete pussy. If you can't conduct your punting life properly (quietly and calmly), my view is you should stay the fuck out of the kitchen.

You seem very hot under the collar over this Trolley. I am a married punter who regards himself as calm, confident, assured, discreet and self-contained. My wife doesn't track my movements (nor I hers), yet I do make sure that I have a cover story for every punt ("business meeting in Milton Keynes today dear") in case I get a speeding or parking ticket somewhere I am not supposed to be. I also have a punting sim (but only the one phone). I guess that makes me an "idiot" and a "pussy" in your eyes, even though I don't spend my life fretting and worrying. However, my cover stories and multiple sims work for me, so why do you get so het up about the way I live my life ?

I certainly don't think I need to grow any more balls. The two I have fit me fine :o. Oh, and I certainly don't feel trapped in a relationship.

I used to switch off my phone during punts, but my wife got suspicious. She did not think I was punting but thought I was seeing someone. So I need to leave my phone on now.

She really does have a knack of calling exactly when I'm on a punt. 6th sense I guess.

It's not that I'm under the thumb, more that I don't want to get caught. I'm sure that's the same for most men.

Very much the same story for me was enjoying a prolonged session of doggy with my regular lady and the phone rang and it did exactly the same when we were having seconds, uncanny :o

Pretty strong language there. We don't live in a fascist state and people still have personal choices which frankly aren't anyone else's business. MPs making laws to trap tax dodgers yet flipping their homes, politicians pretending they care about dead and wounded soldiers yet ensuring their kids never join the military, husbands and wives pretending they are in perfect marriages with their perfect lives yet hubby is a Punternet grandee:D. Seriously, it's called the human condition and it's as old as the hills.

I'm afraid we do. Except it's a liberal fascist state where if you don't toe the 'party line' of diversity and the rest of the claptrap you are persecuted and sometimes prosecuted.

We even have trade unions that persecute people and seek to secure their dismissal from employment simply because those people support the 'wrong' political party.

I'm afraid we do. Except it's a liberal fascist state where if you don't toe the 'party line' of diversity and the rest of the claptrap you are persecuted and sometimes prosecuted.

We even have trade unions that persecute people and seek to secure their dismissal from employment simply because those people support the 'wrong' political party.

I am Nigerian, trust me the UK is not a fascist state. I do take you general point though and accept that hypocrisy and double standards exist in all societies and they are generally perpetuated by the political class. As Winston Churchill aptly put it, " The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter". Pretty much sums up what we are all up against:confused: