cortina

Stag weekends bbc3

5 posts in this topic

I saw it, it was the same old bullshit. Conflating trafficking with illegal immigration. Unsupported claims of 'most prostitutes are...', a 'huge'/'massive' problem. It was all hearsay and innuendo. The most telling aspect was there was never any evidence to support the position of the anti-prostitute campaigners. The journalism was just shabby, he blithely accepted what the campaigners were saying, and never pressed them to prove their claims when they all declined to prove their claims for unspecified security reasons. In the whole programme there was one compelling/convincing story, but she was turned out by her boyfriend and his friends.

An enlightening watch nevertheless though, it is biased to one point of view. This sort of single focused journalism does introduce us to the dark side of these places but can every girl there be that unhappy and treated that way?

I would suspect there are girls in Europe who enjoy their work like some british WG's do; that which i have seen frequently on these forums.

I saw it, it was the same old bullshit. Conflating trafficking with illegal immigration. Unsupported claims of 'most prostitutes are...', a 'huge'/'massive' problem. It was all hearsay and innuendo. The most telling aspect was there was never any evidence to support the position of the anti-prostitute campaigners. The journalism was just shabby, he blithely accepted what the campaigners were saying, and never pressed them to prove their claims when they all declined to prove their claims for unspecified security reasons. In the whole programme there was one compelling/convincing story, but she was turned out by her boyfriend and his friends.

Agree - it was very shoddy.

The sad truth is that the story is much more sensational if it infers, however vaguely, that trafficking is much more widespread than is the case.

Equally disappointing is that it figures on the i-player listings as one of the more popular replays. Sex sells, as if we didn't know.